PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Windows

Rsheen
23-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Both front windows stick to the rubber door seals and the motor cannot open them.
Audi know there is a problem with the seals and at the last warranty service the main dealer sprayed the seals with a "special lubricant"
6 months later the Windows are sticking again
anyone else got this problem and what is the best cure? The car is now out of warranty but I am tempted to ask Audi to replace the seals as the problem was highlighted earlier.

Sixkinds
17-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Got the same problem on my partners A1. Anybody actually got these replaced under warranty?

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes its the same on mine, Audi cleaned it with some liquid (Isopropanol?? maybe but I need to check) and I managed to get the can off the fitter because he said it will happen again.
If you don't clean it, I suspect the window motors could be damaged.
They didn't replace under warranty as they could repair it with the liquid. Which is typical of sub standard Audi.

Wills4000
25-09-2018, 03:44 PM
I have had this problem and after Audi cleaned the seals they started to crack and decompose just a warning

pmailkeey
07-12-2018, 01:09 AM
There's a traditional solution to the problem of sticky rubber - French chalk dust. i.e. lose 'dirt' that the rubber sticks to and is not sticky itself. French chalk is used in inner tube repair to dust over the vulcanising solution after a patch has been applied to stop the excess solution sticking the inner tube to the inner surface of the tyre (anyone about to argue 'tubeless tyres', think once, think twice, think pushbike!

I can't help thinking next time you're at the dealer with the problem, find a dry powder fire extinguisher and blast it round the door seals with the windows open ! (And doors!)

Mike.