PDA

View Full Version : All Wheel Steering Technical Info

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 12:09 PM
I know some of you have AWS or AWS on order on your new Q7 and wanted to know more so here is a PDF I've scanned of some technical info on how it works.

Feeling in a generous mood today...

Link (https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ag0nrdg-XWqwgYpyG2o56m3geer_lA)

Enjoy,

Andy.

Papereyes
21-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Thanks Andy your the done. looks comprehensive got lost on some bits but generally makes sense! Still amazed how u get hold of this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks Andy your the done. looks comprehensive got lost on some bits but generally makes sense! Still amazed how u get hold of this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Through magical Audi fairies?? :outtahere

maxw
21-07-2016, 03:20 PM
I know some of you have AWS or AWS on order on your new Q7 and wanted to know more so here is a PDF I've scanned of some technical info on how it works.

Feeling in a generous mood today...

Link (https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ag0nrdg-XWqwgYpyG2o56m3geer_lA)

Enjoy,

Andy.

thanks Andy

when removing me wheels to protect coat this week I had my first good look at the AWS rear set up
looks nothing like I imagined

the front steering pivots and turns on the center point top and bottom of the hub
and having a track rod streering rack fitted to the front part of the hub

on the rear however the front part of the hub is fixed as the same with the center of the hub
when moving you have the huge track rod bar mounted on the rear of the hub push the whole Assy in and out rather than pivot in the center
strange set up I must say was expecting it to look like the front hub Assy setup

going back to running boards not fitting AWS it's not due to movement as the front part of the weel don't move
so must be due to extra support linage and bracing getting in the way of mounting brackets
prob could be overcome if you have the time and money

M

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks for sharing info Max!

maxw
21-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks for sharing info Max!

Pleasure mate

did the wash info help?

M

andyhud007
22-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Max, sorry, just seen your PM. will reply mate!

satyp
24-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Through magical Audi fairies?? :outtahere
Still not getting how magical fairies alone can help you get information so fast.. Not even google has info at it`s finger tips without pulling a bit if hair out ;-0 [emoji15] [emoji1] [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

andyhud007
25-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Lol... I'll explain all at the meet! :)