PDA

View Full Version : Question No comms !!!!!!!

stephenwhite990
20-07-2016, 05:28 PM
I have an audi allroad 2003 2.5 tdi . I have a friend who works at an air con / auto gearbox garage , He has previously had no problem connecting a professional diagnostic kit called autologic to my car , He now just gets no comms to any module ????? , they have another professional diagnostic ipad which is more for vw cars which will connect to some of my modules but not to the air con .What causes no comms on some pro kit but not others ???? , Another garage which I use but have to pay for seems to have no problem connecting to my car ??and he knows my mate with the autologic and cant understand why it wont connect .

zollaf
20-07-2016, 05:55 PM
sounds like the cable on the autologic is playing up. i had a similar problem where my snap on modis wouldnt connect to my s4 but was fine on anything else, but wouldnt charge the bcomputer, so in the end i got a new cable and all was fine, connected with the s4 no problem. they get kinked and pulled about and after a few years one of the many wires fails, simple as that.

stephenwhite990
20-07-2016, 05:59 PM
It cant be the cable as he uses the autologic on at least three different cars every day of all makes and models

zollaf
20-07-2016, 06:05 PM
all cars have different pins used in the obd socket though. like i said, mine would work on anything but my s4.

HAWKS
20-07-2016, 06:08 PM
I have a similar problem with no coms from the car to a scanner.
Is your abs light on?
Do you have an aftermarket stereo fitted?
I think mine is the abs module gone for a shhtt.

stephenwhite990
20-07-2016, 07:05 PM
No abs light on and standard stereo

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk