PDA

View Full Version : Expectant (but ignorant) A4 owner

BeagleKCH
16-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi all.

I have recently ordered my first A4, indeed my first Audi. S Line 190 Quattro with amongst other things, the Comfort and Sound, Light and Vision and Technology Packs.

I’m frustrated at having failed to find a manual that I can download and would have looked my queries up before being a burden here. That said, I have a few questions, so if any current owner is prepared to shed a light on a few things, here goes.

I do about 35,000 miles a year. Would you recommend that I take out a service package, if so, which one? What are the costs of those compared to simply paying for each service? I am minded to go to a main dealer for peace of mind for such a new car. What do you reckon?

For the 10GB jukebox, do I take it that the media is uploaded from a bog standard SD memory card, or does the jukebox play from the memory card itself? In the real world, how much of the 10GB is actually available for storage?

I am planning to install a separate SIM card for online updates, Wifi hotspot etc. Do I need a specific type? I’m currently with EE. What sort of monthly usage do people tend to use for car functions themselves, as opposed to children using the hotspot for iPads etc. (because I can work that bit out myself).

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Kestrel
16-07-2016, 04:51 PM
The only thing I can help you with is the fact that your car being recently ordered will be MY17. As such the car will have a built in SIM card.
Hope you get help with your other queries.
Regards
Mike.

BeagleKCH
16-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks for that. It was ordered on 20/6/16 and has an expected build week of 8/8/16.

Kestrel
16-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the MY change occurs at week 22. Therefore yours (and mine) will definitely be MY17.
Regards
Mike.

BeagleKCH
16-07-2016, 05:10 PM
On looking at this link Audi Connect SIM – online without borders (https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/latest-news/audi-connect-sim-online-without-borders.html) it seems that we will still have to wait to be able to buy data packages from audi for a wifi hotspot. Until then it may be that we would still need to either tether a phone or buy a separate data SIM for that purpose.

BeagleKCH
20-07-2016, 10:33 PM
I have now found a useable version of the on board user manual. Download the zip file at this link A4 B4 Manual ENG - Jumpshare (https://jumpshare.com/v/7v5A0At6THJTVVpi9YJU) and from within the resultant folder, click on the index.htm file.