PDA

View Full Version : Heater fan blowing coolant over dash

venicequeen
17-10-2007, 06:14 PM
:aargh4:
Can anyone help?
This morning when driving to work I turned my blower up full as normal to clear the windows - only made it worse to tell the truth and had to resort to driving with the windows open and a large wad of kitchen roll to wipe them off in order to see.
An hour later (long commute...) the temp warning light came on with a loud beep - but the temp guage was normal??? Got out, checked the coolant (was empty???) and refilled before setting off.
Tonight armed with a cold engine, a full bottle of anti freeze and a spare bottle of water I filled her up and started her. With the fan on full to test I managed to spray myself and the dashboard with what appears to be anti-freeze (feels soapy to the touch, and the windows steamed up quicker than a Swedish filmed shower scene.:o

Now I'm freaking out cause I need a car to get to work and don't earn nearly enough to go back to the Skoda garage that managed to knacker my power steering when giving it a service!
The car is a Y plate fabia 1.4mpi - any ideas anyone on what might be the problem and indeed a potential fix? I'm not incredibly good at engine works (more used to a 1200 air cooled engine) but any ideas will be very gratefully received!!!