PDA

View Full Version : Composition Media Issues

donie75
13-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi,
i bought a new 2015 Passat Highlne Saloon 2.0 Tdi last year. I have had a lot of issues with the Composition Media system. It regularly freezes or hangs up while loading. If I'm driving around in the car and I stop for a while, when I get back into the car and the radio comes on, if I touch any button on the system it will hang. For example, if I get into the car and its playing a cd and I hit the radio button, a black screen comes up with the words "Starting Radio". The screen changes to the radio screen after a few seconds but there is no sound. I have also had issues with my iPhone not reconnecting or a message coming up saying that Telephone is currently not available.
I brought it to the dealer at the first service and they updated the firmware. That didn't fix it so at the next service they replaced the controller unit but not the screen. That didn't fix it either.
Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm really annoyed how poor this system and it is definitely putting me off buying another Passat.
I may replace the unit with a different unit. Can anyone recommend one?

regards,

d

Pgodo
29-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Have you solved your problem from ?

MattB247
29-08-2016, 03:26 PM
I've had quite a few problems with my Pro 2 unit and iPhone disconnections, none with my android phone though so I'm leaning towards an iPhone specific issue. I have to stop, turn the ignition completely off and on again before it will reconnect.

Pgodo
29-08-2016, 04:12 PM
I've had quite a few problems with my Pro 2 unit and iPhone disconnections, none with my android phone though so I'm leaning towards an iPhone specific issue. I have to stop, turn the ignition completely off and on again before it will reconnect.

I observe in bluetooth or wifi sharing somethimes problem to re-connect iphone without reset system by turning ignition completely before.
Yes, I think too its specific issue from iPhone.