PDA

View Full Version : Question How long of a wait for build date?

Steve_K
13-07-2016, 07:47 AM
So I've ordered an A6 Avant 3.0 Black Edition Quattro 272. This was 4 weeks ago and I still don't have a build date. Is this sort of wait the norm or do people generally get allocated a build date a lot sooner? I was quoted between 12-16 for delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsimcox
13-07-2016, 08:28 AM
So I've ordered an A6 Avant 3.0 Black Edition Quattro 272. This was 4 weeks ago and I still don't have a build date. Is this sort of wait the norm or do people generally get allocated a build date a lot sooner? I was quoted between 12-16 for delivery

Not necessarily normal but not unknown. Allocation of build dates is done by the factory and can be impacted by a number of things, such as the particular spec you have chosen, the colour, the dealers allocation of slots plus at this time of the year the factory has probably had a summer shutdown either happening or planned. Unfortunately there seems little benefit in hassling the dealer for the date as it appears to be completely out of their control. All that said the wait whilst it seems terrible now is well worth it when you finally get your hands on the car

Steve_K
13-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Not necessarily normal but not unknown. Allocation of build dates is done by the factory and can be impacted by a number of things, such as the particular spec you have chosen, the colour, the dealers allocation of slots plus at this time of the year the factory has probably had a summer shutdown either happening or planned. Unfortunately there seems little benefit in hassling the dealer for the date as it appears to be completely out of their control. All that said the wait whilst it seems terrible now is well worth it when you finally get your hands on the car

Thanks John. I knew it was no fault of the dealers. I kind of assumed it was due to the recent release of the MY17 cars and therefore an increase in orders. Unfortunately I'm out of the country with work from September until early December so the car is going to be sat at the dealers for around 3 weeks until I can collect it. I'm sure that'll be pretty frustrating in itself