PDA

View Full Version : Active Info Display

jimgironde
12-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Hoping someone can put my mind at rest!

Currently got Passat Estate 150 GT on order and am looking forward to the Active Info Display. The VW website and specifications show this as standard on GT trim and it has always been my understanding that it is included.

However, when you drill down into detail on the VW website it states Active Info Display is only available with the Discover Navigation PRO , but the PRO system is not standard on the GT.

Has anybody got the Active Info Display on the GT as standard?

gamichea
13-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Not standard on my 2016 MY GT Estate built April 2016. Things may be different on 2017 MY examples now being built. I never relied on the VW website for spec., preferring the price list downloadable from the website.

rivest
14-07-2016, 03:41 AM
Since we are on the topic of AID, does anyone know if I am able to view tyre pressures?

YawnGumbo
14-07-2016, 12:57 PM
VW announced last week that AID would now be standard on all GT and R-Line models, whether they have the Discover Pro or not. Not sure when this comes in, so check their website. If you've already ordered your car then it may depend on when it's built.

You can only view tyre pressures if you have specified the electronic tyre pressure monitoring option (it only comes with the tyre pressure warning as standard, which highlights when a tyre has lost pressure due to puncture, etc.).

MattB247
15-07-2016, 05:57 AM
This is what annoys me the most about VW marketing lies: when I ordered mine I wanted the AID but was told "because it's the only unit that supports the data needed by it, you must have the Nav Pro" making the £600 AID option a lot more expensive when you needed to add the Nav Pro. Now it looks like they lied if they're supplying it with, and say it'll work with, the 6.5" unit.