PDA

View Full Version : Road legal performance tuning

Shterionov
10-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Hello i`m new in UK and i`m not sure what is it road legal here and can i pass mot with the changes in my car which i want to bring here from Bulgaria. The car is Audi A4 1.8T with GT3076R turbo, 440cc fuel injectors, walbro fuel pump front mounted big intercooler, straight exhaust pipe with only rear muffler. In my country is not a problem to pass mot and drive free with any tuning that you can think about, even rollcage but im not sure about the legal thinks here.

rowdy-999
10-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Hello i`m new in UK and i`m not sure what is it road legal here and can i pass mot with the changes in my car which i want to bring here from Bulgaria. The car is Audi A4 1.8T with GT3076R turbo, 440cc fuel injectors, walbro fuel pump front mounted big intercooler, straight exhaust pipe with only rear muffler. In my country is not a problem to pass mot and drive free with any tuning that you can think about, even rollcage but im not sure about the legal thinks here.

Does it have a catalyst fitted? Emissions are a strict.
Excessive noise can also result in a fail.
I don't see a problem with a well maintained, sensibly modified car passing a mot. I have done in the past, but regulations are getting tougher.
Getting an MOT - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/the-mot-test)

Shterionov
10-07-2016, 09:22 AM
No i don`t have catalyst right now but i think that i can put some high flow catalyst converter to redusce the emissions and the noise level. And how about the suspension is the low suspension a problem ?

rowdy-999
11-07-2016, 01:18 PM
No i don`t have catalyst right now but i think that i can put some high flow catalyst converter to redusce the emissions and the noise level. And how about the suspension is the low suspension a problem ?

Ideally it needs to get on the brake rollers to test the brakes.

zollaf
11-07-2016, 01:21 PM
low suspension is only a problem when you go over speed bumps. so long as the tyres do not rub on the arches then you should be fine. roll cages are fine, but you do need a cat in the exhaust to pass an mot or roadside test and the noise may be a problem.