PDA

View Full Version : iPOD...if I could!

timmee62
17-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I have the iPOD prep in my A4 B7. It has stopped working with the message displayed 'NO MAG'. Has anyone any experience of this? :confused:

I am also disapointed with the iPOD interface - CD1 - CD6, no track names etc. Does anyone know if the Audi MMI is capable of interfacing better with the iPOD? Maybe a software update or something...

GH20TDI
17-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I have the Dension iPod link that I fitted myself - it uses the same (poor) interface, as well as track times only going up to 10 seconds then re starting the clock. As far as I know this is as good as it gets in current Audi's (I believe other makers reproduce track names, etc.).

The fault is likely to be a loose connection (probably on the head unit) as the iPod link connects to the external CD changer port (error message referes to no magazine in the CD changer). If Audi fitted it then take it to them to look at, otherwise get the head unit out and check the connections.

A7ftt
07-05-2008, 08:07 AM
If you have the Satnav fitted, then behind the screen are two SD-Card slots. You can load Mp3 tracks on to the cards, and the track names and artists will appear on the screen. Wish I had found this out BEFORE I retro-fitted the iPod connection humph!

Issac Hunt
07-05-2008, 08:49 AM
D'oh! RTFM is always a good policy!!

tonyoverdrive
07-05-2008, 01:05 PM
There is a new adaptor coming out this month made by Alpine to interface the RNS with ipod but !! i think you need another adaptor also and this uses the tv input to display all the tracks ect i had a quote £900 !

warrenm14
07-05-2008, 01:28 PM
If you have the Satnav fitted, then behind the screen are two SD-Card slots. You can load Mp3 tracks on to the cards, and the track names and artists will appear on the screen. Wish I had found this out BEFORE I retro-fitted the iPod connection humph!

i tried usong this and i put 4 albums on but it only "found" 2 ..... ?

Issac Hunt
07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
i tried usong this and i put 4 albums on but it only "found" 2 ..... ?

Then your doing something wrong!

Is the card formatted to FAT32 standard?
Are all tracks MP3? (Nothing else will play)
File path name of each track under 64 characters?
No special characters in the file name? (!"£$%^&*( etc etc
No other items in the folders? E.g album art? Itunes playlists? etc
Album folders placed on the root of the SD card?