PDA

View Full Version : New 4M Q7 received - Pictures & 1st Thoughts

satyp
07-07-2016, 09:33 PM
New 4M Q7 received - Pictures & 1st Thoughts

Sorry folks.. Looked through the last to NEW Q7 posts to see where pictures were being posted for new cars and could see any picture posts?.. so just made a new thread.. - AGAIN

MY17
Inconspicuous blue Ink Blue - She/he (whicheva) is here!!! Yeehah

1st Impressions/thoughts.. Will post the rest up and coming into any findings thread..

First things 1st !!.. - AUDI CONNECT FEATURES!!:-

Audi Connect has connected all well & fully connected including Remote Unlock/Lock etc (Not sure how's it all work though through app properly as yet)

Noises:-

No key noises notices as yet
Some other noise ; TBC from towards the back seat belt area of drivers side
a lot of American videos bang on about how QUIET the engine is when accelerating etc..I hear everything despite getting heated sound proof option :-0 , I'm surely missing the point or something.

Software levels:

TBC - will post with more time

Radio pics:

Present going by earlier kiss , capital amongst others

Other Bits:-

Pulling to the right:- here we ago again this was my main beef in the 1st one https://mail.google.com/mail/e/261d from day one.. I was told to expect this on ALL cars from DAY one.. will test more thoroughly in the coming month as Apparently this is normal

General build:

Premium-ish finish certainly the dash area leaps ahead of the last one...
General plastic - tap test durability.. Had to tell..60/40 certainly last longer than a few other makes.. Far from a premium feel which was expected somewhat
Audi Sales tells me my Wheels are not Diamond Cut and titanium finished .. go to detailer and he swears by his trade saying they are Diamond cuts .. so out co the Gators on 20''s

Anyhow.. So much for 1st impressions.. from 20 mins of driving home .......Will follow up in the coming days/weeks. Happy waiting to the others until next time

satyp
07-07-2016, 09:35 PM
The boy's Audi Found it's way in.. :-0

anyhow some more

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Congrats Satyp! She looks great!

I was enjoying your post until the Remote locking screenshots....

I've got the sound insulating glass and I think it is very quiet? I can hear the engine but under normal driving it's very much it the background? I've kind of got used to it but when I get in the wife's X1 I realise just how good it is.

I've not experienced any problems with the pulling to the right but I believe it's a known issue with MY17 builds. Extra weight of the e-sim module and 24l adblue tank apparently [emoji12]

Skippy73
07-07-2016, 09:55 PM
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Love seeing new cars and I believe your the first MY17. Could of done without the lock/unlock photos I'm very jealous lol.

The radio pics is very annoying I still hate it. I find the DAB radio completely rubbish and has not used any of the screen real estate. The DAB pics for me only work in London on capital etc. But as soon as I get home near Portsmouth capital no pics. Yet my wife's Seat Leon every station shows pics regardless of regional or London. No radio info like song playing etc on the standard screen complete rubbish.

I assume you got the smartphone interface and I love it. For me the android auto is better than apple play and after having I phones for years it was the single reason I changed to galaxy S7 edge and shortly the new note 7. Because in my photo you can see for one phone photos are beautiful and all my friends images are asigned to my contacts on my phone. The pics and layout just loads better than car play. No photos at all on car play. And the andriod photos are even displayed on the VC 😀

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/a15ec46a511a21ddbaa9e6d7119d4a86.jpg

I have spotify and it works well if you join spotify premium it's 99p for first 3 months. I've not decided yet if I will continue to the 9.99mth after the 3mths. But I use it most days atm. The other day I found Hot Country 😉 those tunes were pumping lol.

Even using siri/ok Google just gets better and better.

My only issue with andriod is it limits your music search by the MMI turn wheel. No artist or songs searches. And you can only select your recently played or playlists but you can only scroll through them then it locks and says you have to park for more. It's dame annoying and no such restriction on Apple car play. But it is my only gripe. Messages etc all work well. The carplay layout is poor for me which is why andriod is in front.

I have not had any issue though with the car pulling to the right.
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 10:01 PM
I thought CarPlay wasn't that great either, however, now i've got the microphone fixed I am coming round to it. I think with CarPlay you need to use Siri to get the most our of it and not have to use the crappy interface. Holding the Voice Command button, you can just say "Play <album> by <artist> and with my Apple Music subscription it just goes off finds it and plays it.

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Awesome satyp...also slightly jealous of the remote locking app screenshot!! Car in Ink Blue looks very nice..I saw one in the flesh for the first time today :-)

pitch3110
07-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Good to hear the Q has landed and not pulling to the left.

Enjoy

Pitch

satyp
07-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Love seeing new cars and I believe your the first MY17. Could of done without the lock/unlock photos I'm very jealous lol.

The radio pics is very annoying I still hate it. I find the DAB radio completely rubbish and has not used any of the screen real estate. The DAB pics for me only work in London on capital etc. But as soon as I get home near Portsmouth capital no pics. Yet my wife's Seat Leon every station shows pics regardless of regional or London. No radio info like song playing etc on the standard screen complete rubbish.

I assume you got the smartphone interface and I love it. For me the android auto is better than apple play and after having I phones for years it was the single reason I changed to galaxy S7 edge and shortly the new note 7. Because in my photo you can see for one phone photos are beautiful and all my friends images are asigned to my contacts on my phone. The pics and layout just loads better than car play. No photos at all on car play. And the andriod photos are even displayed on the VC 😀

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/a15ec46a511a21ddbaa9e6d7119d4a86.jpg

I have spotify and it works well if you join spotify premium it's 99p for first 3 months. I've not decided yet if I will continue to the 9.99mth after the 3mths. But I use it most days atm. The other day I found Hot Country 😉 those tines were pumping lol.

Even using siri/ok Google just gets better and better.

My only issue with andriod is it limits your music search by the MMI turn wheel. No artist or songs searches. And you can only select your recently played or playlists but you can only scroll through them then it locks and says you have to park for more. It's dame annoying and no such restriction on Apple car play. But it is my only gripe. Messages etc all work well. The carplay layout is poor for me which is why andriod is in front.

Totally agree skippy AA..I'm in the process if giving up spotify altogether and syncing my entire collection 20k+ to Google as free after cleaning up the mp3 tags on some older.. Also keeping a synced version on sd.. Just as cist2 saving measure.. Besides Taylor Swift killed spotify for me ;-0 [emoji1]

The funniest thing my LG 10 doesn't fit the wireless charging bit after getting a wireless charging back for it.. Mrs Z3+ Xperia died on us a week back and S GS7 edge is order from hkg duel sim version as of the weekend..

More waiting.. I'm happy ☺ you said fits..

I couldn't get smartphone to work I think I need to connect via USB its a Shame the glove box hasn't got a charging point.

In the 4L. Q you could charge via lead.. Actually there are quite a few bits I miss from the old Q7 maybe discussion in another thread..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

satyp
07-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Good to hear the Q has landed and not pulling to the left.

Enjoy

Pitch
Oops my bad did I say right!??

Left it is... Not right.. Need to sort my own bearings

Skippy73
07-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Totally agree skippy AA..I'm in the process if giving up spotify altogether and syncing my entire collection 20k+ to Google as free after cleaning up the mp3 tags on some older.. Also keeping a synced version on sd.. Just as cist2 saving measure.. Besides Taylor Swift killed spotify for me ;-0 [emoji1]

The funniest thing my LG 10 doesn't fit the wireless charging bit after getting a wireless charging back for it.. Mrs Z3+ Xperia died on us a week back and S GS7 edge is order from hkg duel sim version as of the weekend..

More waiting.. I'm happy ☺ you said fits..

I couldn't get smartphone to work I think I need to connect via USB its a Shame the glove box hasn't got a charging point.

In the 4L. Q you could charge via lead.. Actually there are quite a few bits I miss from the old Q7 maybe discussion in another thread..

You you need the cable, which is why I never use the wireless charging in the centre console. But I do still sit the phone in there as it boosts the reception from the aerial on the roof. With the cable plugged in you can't sit the phone flat though but still goes in fine.

andyhud007
07-07-2016, 10:45 PM
I need someone with the remote unlock/lock on the App to come to the Q7 meet so I can get a download of the car config and see if I can enable it on the cars that dont have it...

Pretty please...

satyp
07-07-2016, 10:49 PM
I need someone with the remote unlock/lock on the App to come to the Q7 meet so I can get a download of the car config and see if I can enable it on the cars that dont have it...

Pretty please...
Hi Andy posted earlier on the meet thread.. October etc will able to confirm nearer to time.. Will be dependant on location mostly.. Asked Nemo if a location poll can go up .. I dunno.. may be south/mid/north or something..

satyp
07-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Can even meet if you ever around Berkshire push to Oxford etc in your travels before the meet if it helps..

andyhud007
07-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Well I'm South (near Gatwick) so even if just a couple of us for a pre-meet meet.. that works too

October for the main event...

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Ummm deleted the post as I got the wrong thread [emoji23]

But I blame the previous two post talking about meets...

Nice car again by the way [emoji1360]

Papereyes
08-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Congrats on the car satyp. I think the quietness from the engine from the US guys are more down to the fact that they are only given the petrol TFSI engine rather than the the diesels we get.

Also see what you mean around the black colour from ink blue. Send me more pics of you can as I have the same colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satyp
08-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Aaah why didn't my brain compute this.. Will send more pics also was about jack the detailing as original date got missed and can't confirm another..I'm told 2 weeks... Lets see the

For some reason I couldn't upload original pictures as it said they were too big..

satyp
08-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Congrats on the car satyp. I think the quietness from the engine from the US guys are more down to the fact that they are only given the petrol TFSI engine rather than the the diesels we get.

Also see what you mean around the black colour from ink blue. Send me more pics of you can as I have the same colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aaah why didn't my brain compute this.. Will send more pics also was about jack the detailing as original date got missed and can't confirm another..I'm told 2 weeks... Lets see the

For some reason I couldn't upload original pictures as it said they were too big..

satyp
08-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Well I'm South (near Gatwick) so even if just a couple of us for a pre-meet meet.. that works too

October for the main event...
I`ll be at KT24 5HE today between 12:00 & 13:30 so can take the Q instead.. Can hang a bout another 1hr ish if it works for you ..

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 08:25 AM
I`ll be at KT24 5HE today between 12:00 & 13:30 so can take the Q instead.. Can hang a bout another 1hr ish if it works for you ..

I appreciate the offer mate, but due to work commitments I can't today unfortunately. Thanks though

Andy

elrao
08-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Is the remote lock / unlock an MY17 thing, or an option?

srbsq7
08-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Is the remote lock / unlock an MY17 thing, or an option?

MY17 only (at least for UK) [emoji853]

elrao
08-07-2016, 04:30 PM
MY17 only (at least for UK) [emoji853]
Ta - my MY17 should be on a ship this weekend (should have been today, but the ship was delayed in Grimsby and is currently en route back to Emden)

I have VCDS, not sure if it is compatible with the 4M (remember reading somewhere that only certain ones were compatible and I can't remember which one I have ... ), but if it works then let me know what you want to log from the settings.

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Correct... Until we can figure if we can enable it.

Elrao. Do you have hex net or hex can USB?

If you install the 16.6.0 beta of vcds and run a full autoscan on your car it would be appreciated.

Hex can USB can't see all modules in the 4m and never will sadly so hex net is needed but it's still useful for some stuff..

elrao
08-07-2016, 04:54 PM
HEX+CAN

Will give it a go when the car arrives, but that won't be for a few weeks.

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Cool. Be aware you need to update firmware on Hex-Can for 16.6.0 and after that you can't go back and use 15.7.x of VCDS.