PDA

View Full Version : Closing windows and sun-roof with convenience key.

ragebe
07-07-2016, 02:23 PM
I've only had my Q7 a couple of weeks, so if this has been asked and answered apologies.

On my 2006 A6 Avant, I could press and hold the lock button on the convenience key and the windows/sun-roof would close; same with unlock. The salesman at Shrewsbury Audi has assured me the Q7 I've just bought from them should do the same (part of having a convenience key) and that if it doesn't, I can go to any Audi Dealer and get this rectified.

Before I go off to Poole Audi and ask them to sort out this problem, I thought I'd ask here, to see if this is a 'paid for' feature which isn't fitted to my car, or if I've missed something simple in the set-up.

Equally, according to the manual, I should be able to touch the sensor on the door handle and then open the doors, even when locked (another convenience-key feature?) but this doesn't work either.

Minor things but niggly.

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Opening doors with the sensor is part of the advanced key.

I can close sunroof and Windows with the key. Did see someone posting the description of a fix Audi is rolling out which I think mentioned convenience key.

ragebe
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM
4M finds. - Page 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175860-4M-finds/page2) gives lots of detail. I'll read the whole thread before getting too worked up over the salesman not knowing his wares..

andyhud007
09-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah touching door handles to lock / unlock is part of advanced key. If you have that then thay should work.

Holding down key to close windows and sunroof (aka total closure) should work with or without advanced key.

Chris Jerman
09-07-2016, 09:07 PM
I don't have advanced key but can open and close windows (don't have pan roof ) with the key , I think you can enable it somewhere it the settings on the mmi .

ragebe
10-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Chris if you've any idea of where to set that, I'd be pleased to know.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Chris Jerman
10-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Go to 'Car' then 'Vechicle settings' this will bring up drive select but push MMI dial to the left menu , then select ' central locking' and you should have a check box for 'Long press to open windows ' . I did take a photo but it wont upload due to size

ragebe
10-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Yes, I've got that one ticked; still doesn't work but thanks for checking.

srbsq7
10-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Yes, I've got that one ticked; still doesn't work but thanks for checking.

Have you tried unchecking, then going back in and reselecting it?

ragebe
10-07-2016, 04:51 PM
I have (and a factory reset) I'll phone the dealer - again - tomorrow and ask for their service dept.