PDA

View Full Version : Passat B8: Temp and fuel gauges faulty

elimir2000
06-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Hi all,

Got my new B8 Passat a month ago and running into some problems:

1- Oil tem gauge is stuck on 90C, while the digital display shows correct info (starting low and climbing to appropriate levels)
2- Fuel gauge resets to maximum on each engine start. It drops while driving (consuming fuel) but starts from maximum on each next drive. Even though i should have consumed 1/3 of the tank, it is still at max, and remaining kilometers also shows unrealistically high number.

I googled around and found that this problem might be fixed by attempting to start with fuel pump and oil temp fuses removed, and putting them back, but i failed to locate the B8 fuse layout anywhere.

Thoughts? What else can i try before i take it to the shop and kill my time?

Thanks!

Guest 2
06-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Don't muck about with it yourself, you have a warranty for a reason and any self-diagnosis or self-fix may haunt you when you do take it to VW.

fm_carv
08-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Car under warranty take it to the dealership. Don't void your warranty by trying do a fix yourself

Pgodo
29-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

Got my new B8 Passat a month ago and running into some problems:

1- Oil tem gauge is stuck on 90C, while the digital display shows correct info (starting low and climbing to appropriate levels)
2- Fuel gauge resets to maximum on each engine start. It drops while driving (consuming fuel) but starts from maximum on each next drive. Even though i should have consumed 1/3 of the tank, it is still at max, and remaining kilometers also shows unrealistically high number.

I googled around and found that this problem might be fixed by attempting to start with fuel pump and oil temp fuses removed, and putting them back, but i failed to locate the B8 fuse layout anywhere.

Thoughts? What else can i try before i take it to the shop and kill my time?

Thanks!

On my Passat B8 Alltrack from nov 2015, I have a similar problem : Oil temp gauge indicate different temperature between Active Info Display (about 90°C) and Discover Pro (125°C).