PDA

View Full Version : My Audi - Adding a car again - Will it reset my Audi connect services - I doubt it? - Anyone tried

satyp
02-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Hi

All I did was add my car to the MyAudi Website via the VIN - I think Audi looks at it as being registered, which is a shame. And I still haven't received the vehicle - doh moment.

Do you think telling Audi i still haven't received the car would make them reset it somehow? or would simply removing and re-adding the car work, I f someone has already tried it.. I will try later this eve, not betting on it by instinct!!..

satyp
02-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Darn thing says it's activation since June 11th - twitter the lot

Nemo78
02-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah Sat it's a shame - I remember putting this in one of the threads about not activating your VIN in myAudi too soon. Noticed on my original Q is linked it all a couple of days pre collection and all Connect licenses started on that date

satyp
02-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Yeah Sat it's a shame - I remember putting this in one of the threads about not activating your VIN in myAudi too soon. Noticed on my original Q is linked it all a couple of days pre collection and all Connect licenses started on that date
Yeah I def remember that Nemo.. just thought adding the VIN by itself wouldn't affect anything..

Might have inadvertently clicked something in the day's that follow in all the excitement I suppose.. I might try and see if deleting works on the off chance or maybe the longer route contact Audi possibly.. no biggie otherwise just 1 month app difference in the grand scheme of things..

Quite sure they'll respond quickly if it involves paying them some amount though... it just gets s little difficult to get things done when it's free though somehow..[emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

satyp
02-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Anyone have an email specifically for Audi connect services?

t1sh
03-07-2016, 07:39 AM
I have no email whatsoever.

srbsq7
03-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Only used service@audi.de to contact them. They've forwarded to UK.

satyp
03-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Thanks SRB..will check what the have to say..

satyp
08-07-2016, 03:41 PM
So these guys sent me a couple emails to confirm id yesterday.. Then must've referred it to UK office, as you said.

Had a call from a person in the exec office saying Audi connect services lock in with build date,.. So from the looks of it 99.9% of UK should loose a month of services at registration and only get 11 months.

Not sure if this “date thing” holds true of all those here who have registered with Audi connect services..

Some of you have already said here that they will just carry on as normal once you call them when they expire as it's too new a service and hasn't yet got any procedures or governance in place.. Which is exactly what they saying still..

srbsq7
08-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Mine shows as expiring 3 years after I picked up from the dealer - took delivery 21/5 and expires 20/5/19? I think I must have triggered by connecting it up that day.

JMB7
08-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Mine also expires 3 years after collection date, which is also the date I added it to the website.

satyp
08-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Guess it's the usual rhetoric from Audi then.. A lot of heat and not enough steam..[emoji15]

maxw
04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Guess it's the usual rhetoric from Audi then.. A lot of heat and not enough steam..[emoji15]

I did all mine early and notice things expired a moth or more early
I also had new car and old car both reg at the same time

Once I got the new car and handed back the old car I then deleted the old Q and thinking that's not right things like Audi connect was 2-3 months out I forgot about it for a week or 2 then looked again and everything had been sorted I also read some one else had done the same as me and there dates were off then there's was corrected also about ten days after buying so once new car is collected Audi must just update things

Both old Q and new SQ was both reg on your Audi and my Audi together and both worked out for me fine with contracting anyone
Maybe I was just lucky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

satyp
04-06-2017, 01:55 PM
I did all mine early and notice things expired a moth or more early
I also had new car and old car both reg at the same time

Once I got the new car and handed back the old car I then deleted the old Q and thinking that's not right things like Audi connect was 2-3 months out I forgot about it for a week or 2 then looked again and everything had been sorted I also read some one else had done the same as me and there dates were off then there's was corrected also about ten days after buying so once new car is collected Audi must just update things

Both old Q and new SQ was both reg on your Audi and my Audi together and both worked out for me fine with contracting anyone
Maybe I was just lucky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It seems different for different folk ai.. Awesome tho, .. 3 years just fly by too..

I hope it's free extension after that [emoji1] [emoji122]

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk