PDA

View Full Version : 218 Fuel Economy

Jambo82
28-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Anyone with a 218 care to share ?

Please include driving style and trip lengths etc.....

Thanks

Thakey17
28-06-2016, 10:43 PM
There's a thread "what's your MPG like?" Pitch has a 218 and gives some good ideas on what he's been getting for his first months use. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitch3110
29-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I am finding the 218 very good all round, yes boot it and you will see low 30's but drive sensible and 40+ is easily achievable.

I did a 30 mile A road trip this morning with driving out and back through town and I did 43mpg.

I have not checked long term over the first 1800 miles and I would be surprised if it is under 35mpg.

Pitch

Jambo82
29-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Jesus Pitch, thats superb. I hadn't expected such good returns.

pitch3110
29-06-2016, 10:33 PM
I did check long term when I popped out earlier and it is at 34.4. Having said this I drove back from Cambridge in the very early hours of Saturday morning in Sport all the way rather spirited!!!!!!!!!!! 100 miles and a lot of fun and when pushed it changed direction very very well and surprised once again.

Pitch

NickTyler
01-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I had a 218 a s a courtesy car and was surprised that it did not really feel any slower or less powerful than my 272. What was noticeable though, the gear box seemed to have it's work cut out jumping up and down all over the place.

pitch3110
06-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Funny Nick as mine has just started playing around with gears over the past few days. Up and down and up and down.

I will call the dealer tomorrow for up dates.

ta
Handsome

srbsq7
06-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Funny Nick as mine has just started playing around with gears over the past few days. Up and down and up and down.

I will call the dealer tomorrow for up dates.

ta
Handsome

Hi Pitch,

I just did a search for resetting the auto transmission on Q7 4M as I remember doing a sequence on the X5 a few years ago to reset. Below result came back which seems to be almost identical to the BMW procedure to perhaps a standard?! Have a dig around but from memory the car learns your driving style and this resets it.

Perhaps your ultra eco driving to average 40mpg has messed it up?

automatic gearbox reset (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/82431-automatic-gearbox-reset)

pitch3110
06-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Hi Pitch,

I just did a search for resetting the auto transmission on Q7 4M as I remember doing a sequence on the X5 a few years ago to reset. Below result came back which seems to be almost identical to the BMW procedure to perhaps a standard?! Have a dig around but from memory the car learns your driving style and this resets it.

Perhaps your ultra eco driving to average 40mpg has messed it up?

automatic gearbox reset (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/82431-automatic-gearbox-reset)

Bloody excellent and will give that a go.

Driving like Miss Daisy it was fine, it was the blat from Cambridge a couple of Fridays ago. 100 miles in 'S' seems to have upset it which is the dead opposite it did to me.:D

Pitch (handsome)

Q7newbie
06-07-2016, 09:36 PM
I had a 218 a s a courtesy car and was surprised that it did not really feel any slower or less powerful than my 272. What was noticeable though, the gear box seemed to have it's work cut out jumping up and down all over the place.
I've noticed this gear box musical-chairs even on the 272 courtesy car I'm in. I find it bloody annoying to say the least.
I think I've moaned about this already somewhere!
I have resorted to driving in Manual all the time. It's given me fuel consumption figures better than any I've ever managed in auto. Especially in urban driving. I'm able to get into and STAY in a higher gear sooner without the gear box changing down with every 2mph increase in speed. (which is what happens in auto.)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk