PDA

View Full Version : New Q7

Jambo82
26-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Hi all,

I have been browsing the forums here for a while and finally thought I would make a contribution. I recently got a quote for 12% discount on CarWow for an S-line 218 and when I requested a PCP quotation I was presently surprised that it fits into my budget. I had been looking at 1/2 year old X5s and new Disco sports which were actually coming in more expensive !

I have driven numerous Audis, from the TTS to an A4 estate and was keen to come back to the brand now my family is expanding and I need some extra room. I am currently driving a 3 series touring which in fact I love apart from the colour ! (estoril blue)

I got round to taking a test drive in a 272 last week and loved every minute of it. I have decided that is the car for me. Big issue I have is that my local dealer is not keen on discount and have no allocation for Q7's left ! It looks like I will be going for the car wow dealer.

My head is telling me to keep the S-line trim as it is in night black and don't be spending any more money ! Am I mad ?

My heart is telling me to add the Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke alloys and reversing camera. The dealer I spoke to seems to think that it is possible to add black pack to a night black car, anyone done this ? I didn't think it could be done after I saw the configurator.

I have also been told there is a 3 month waiting time, this isn't really a problem just as long as it doesn't get any longer !

Papereyes
26-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Hi Jambo, you might be able to get a better deal (13.5%) with drive the deal but dealerships normally quite far away. So if your carwow is closer would go with that. Reversing camera I think is a must there's also a pack with the side assist which I reckon is a better package around 1k.

Also bear in mind that the carwow dealer may not have allocation too. I ordered in March and at one point was looking at Dec delivery (although now September).

How did you find the difference between 218 and 272 on your test drive? Be interesting to hear your view points.

If you can get black pack would go for it makes the car look badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo82
26-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Hi cheers for the reply. Drivethedeal had a slightly better price but were quoting December delivery which is no good for me and they weren't keen to find an alternative. I didn't actually drive the 218 but the 272 felt like plenty and more. I suppose its not the type of car to be beating the boy racers off the lights, especially with 3 little ones in the back !

Thakey17
26-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Hi Jambo. Go for it. I was looking at other cars also and nothing came close to the Q7 overall. My wait is a bit longer than 3 months, but I did originally push it out for a September delivery. I personally have only ever had S Line spec Audis so I'm a bit bias. I just like the overall appearance better.

As far as I'm aware you can't get the black pack with your chosen colour. I've gone Daytona Grey with black pack, but did find a company that would do an aftermarket de-chrome for around £500, so perhaps that's an option.

Be careful with the options if your budget is tight. I scarily went over 10k!!!! It's quite easily done. You do need the virtual cockpit, £600, no brainer.

Hope you get the deal you want, I was lucky that my dealer matched my Car Wow quote. Look forward to you updating us on how it goes.

Jambo82
26-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Hi cheers for the reply.....

Daytona is my next option as I really liked it on my A4. I haven't seen any pictures of the Q7 in Daytona with black pack.....have you pictures ?

Virtual cockpit wasn't even on my radar....what is it ?

Thakey17
26-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Hi cheers for the reply.....

Daytona is my next option as I really liked it on my A4. I haven't seen any pictures of the Q7 in Daytona with black pack.....have you pictures ?

Virtual cockpit wasn't even on my radar....what is it ?

Virtual cockpit is the new dash/dial screen. A must have.

I've not seen any pics of the grey with black pack but have been looking everywhere for one. The only picture I've seen is a modified ABT Q7 in grey with black pack. It's the only thing that's given me some idea as to how it will look. Should be awesome.31034

elrao
27-06-2016, 09:21 AM
I ordered in March, getting my local dealer to match the CarWow offer (10% - cash sale, was slightly more on finance as there were dealer contributions etc.). My car is being built at the moment, so looking at about 4 to 5 months.

Have a good look through the options pack, go to a few dealers and look at what cars they have with what options. That is half the fun of buying new!

sm02fly
27-06-2016, 09:53 AM
I found that the S-Line was cheaper than the SE on a PCP 3yr due to the better residuals (218PS model). I test drove the 272PS which was great, but 99% of the time at the moment I use it as a family wagon so it is in 'Comfort' mode and not being thrashed, so I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. Its certainly not slow by any stretch of the imagination.

Reversing camera (either on its own or part of a pack) and Virtual cockpits are a must.

I went through a contract hire/PCP broker, so you don't always need to go direct with the dealer...

Q7newbie
27-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

I have been browsing the forums here for a while and finally thought I would make a contribution. I recently got a quote for 12% discount on CarWow for an S-line 218 and when I requested a PCP quotation I was presently surprised that it fits into my budget. I had been looking at 1/2 year old X5s and new Disco sports which were actually coming in more expensive !

I have driven numerous Audis, from the TTS to an A4 estate and was keen to come back to the brand now my family is expanding and I need some extra room. I am currently driving a 3 series touring which in fact I love apart from the colour ! (estoril blue)

I got round to taking a test drive in a 272 last week and loved every minute of it. I have decided that is the car for me. Big issue I have is that my local dealer is not keen on discount and have no allocation for Q7's left ! It looks like I will be going for the car wow dealer.

My head is telling me to keep the S-line trim as it is in night black and don't be spending any more money ! Am I mad ?

My heart is telling me to add the Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke alloys and reversing camera. The dealer I spoke to seems to think that it is possible to add black pack to a night black car, anyone done this ? I didn't think it could be done after I saw the configurator.

I have also been told there is a 3 month waiting time, this isn't really a problem just as long as it doesn't get any longer !
Hey,
Happy to hear another good man is joining our ranks!
You can definitely get the black optics on a black paintwork.
I also agree that reversing camera is a big must have, and you're better off getting it in one of the parking packs.
I don't know what your budget is, but if it allows, then I'd encourage you to get the dynamic pack, tech pack and a parking pack. They'll cover pretty much all the "must have" features and toys.
Two other great sites to go on for savings are:
www.broadspeed.com

and

www.orangewheels.co.uk

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jonh1969
27-06-2016, 06:22 PM
I have ordered a flat (so not metallic) night black with the black styling pack which includes black roof rails ..... on the system mock up it looks awesome, especially as it has privacy glass.

So it would appear you can do this.

Jonathan

here's the mock up....

Jambo82
27-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Guys I spoke with the dealer again today. Black Pack is not available with metallic or non metallic black paintwork options at present. If you have ordered this I would consider speaking to them, as on the configurator this is clearly stated, although it will let you mock it up.

pitch3110
27-06-2016, 08:45 PM
If you are considering lease give it go and call Audi direct also. I did and had a shock with my 218.

On the 218 debate, I am very happy with power which is pretty swift on A roads but yes I am sure it runs out of puff compared with 272.

Advanced key?????

pitch

Jambo82
27-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Whats the advanced key all about ?

Are the Audi direct prices better than on their website ?

Gyro
27-06-2016, 09:11 PM

Don't get him started on the advanced key! 😆😆😜😜

pitch3110
27-06-2016, 11:13 PM

Trust me forgo hair products, kitchen cleaner, milk, meat, anything, tick advanced key!!

Speak with the dealers direct about PCH deals you might be pleasantly surprised.

Pitch

Papereyes
27-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Never had the advanced key on my BMW so used to using may key. Guess once you had it you don't go back and if u haven't tried it you don't know u want it until you come on this forum! (I've opted out on this one but locked in now)

Jambo82
28-06-2016, 10:03 PM
At this stage I am still getting quotes in and around my budget. When I spec things up the monthlies jump up ! Trying to stick to my strict budgets so probably just going for an S-line with reversing camera, I actually can't believe its not standard !

Jambo82
30-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Order placed today, chuffed to bits with the deal I am getting. Considering I have been trying to source a Disco Sport or a used x5 for this kind of money for 3-4 months. It only took me 5 days to be convinced to go back to the 4 rings !

pitch3110
30-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Order placed today, chuffed to bits with the deal I am getting. Considering I have been trying to source a Disco Sport or a used x5 for this kind of money for 3-4 months. It only took me 5 days to be convinced to go back to the 4 rings !

good to hear and you will be very very happy with the new arrival

pitch

andyhud007
01-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Congrats.. you made the right choice!

srbsq7
01-07-2016, 10:11 AM

Congratulations! I went through similar analysis back in Jan/Feb with the XC90 thrown into the mix. In the end the Q7 ticked more boxes and the finance compared to the others made it a no-brainer.

Jambo82
01-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Total no brainer.....Another £500 deposit contribution today from Audi for July. I will be mentioning that to the dealer next week ! I expect them to honour any further incentives from Audi over the time it takes my order to be delivered. Am I right ?

Papereyes
01-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Total no brainer.....Another £500 deposit contribution today from Audi for July. I will be mentioning that to the dealer next week ! I expect them to honour any further incentives from Audi over the time it takes my order to be delivered. Am I right ?

yes you should do, provided you haven't signed any finance agreement yet, just phone them up to get you a new quote and you should benefit from the additional contribution.

However, the increase is normally shared 50/50 with the dealer, so if u got a deposit contribution of 1500 last time and now its 2000, sometimes the dealer will only give you an extra 250off as they don't want to contirbute the additional 250 from their side.

Many thanks

Lai

Jambo82
01-07-2016, 08:33 PM
yes you should do, provided you haven't signed any finance agreement yet, just phone them up to get you a new quote and you should benefit from the additional contribution.

However, the increase is normally shared 50/50 with the dealer, so if u got a deposit contribution of 1500 last time and now its 2000, sometimes the dealer will only give you an extra 250off as they don't want to contirbute the additional 250 from their side.

Many thanks

Lai

Cheers Lai, thats exactly the contribution changes for July. It will be interesting how they set it up though, If there is an extra £500 deposit contribution in the quotation and he wants to claw back the £250 then surely he will have to increase the purchase price therefore reducing the discount.

Anyone experienced this ?

Papereyes
01-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Depends on how much discount you got in the first place and how much the dealer is willing to absorb, so if you get the full 500 discount, the dealer is effectively reducing his margin by 250

I think i got the maximum with my dealer so they explained with the % discount on top they wouldn't give me the full audi finance contribution.
So they only gave me the 50% paid for by audi Finance, so of the 2k contribution i'll get a 1k finance discount when i pay for the car at the point of pickup.
Dealer didn't want to lose the extra 1k if they had to stump up for it

Jambo82
21-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Logged into Myaudi today with order number etc.....My order " is in Bratislava" for what it is worth. Is there anywhere I can find the build week on that page ?

Gyro
21-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Logged into Myaudi today with order number etc.....My order " is in Bratislava" for what it is worth. Is there anywhere I can find the build week on that page ?

What stage is it at? I don't think build week is available until stage 2 "Order received". I'm on stage 2, I've attached what I see in "yourAudi".

You can also do another check by logging into "yourAudi", and pasting this into the address bar: https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/ (https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.audi.co.uk%2fmyaudi-public-api%2fservices%2fv1%2forders%2f25651122&data=01%7c01%7cSteven.Ramsay%40eu.nabgroup.com%7c3 1686cf70b24490483dd08d39e8189ce%7c4abe23a5ca4a429b a575f4dc77ac80e0%7c0&sdata=p9u4QYet88gSfPmDzRmW1Ef8Y0skq6xP6DIECZ4XmN4% 3d) then put your order number after the last slash and hit enter. Save the file as a notepad file, copy and past the text from it into http://jsonlint.com/ and hit "Validate JSON" and scroll to the bottom - you should see your build week there if it's available.

Jambo82
21-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Ok so I am only at the "Welcome" stage.......will have to sit tight for a while !

Jambo82
23-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Build week 10th October, just checked.

I hope that gets moved forward as I need the car by the end of September ! Baby number 3 won't wait for the car to be built.

Gyro
23-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Build week 10th October, just checked.

I hope that gets moved forward as I need the car by the end of September ! Baby number 3 won't wait for the car to be built.

Mine came forward three weeks and has stayed the same for a while yet. I think others have said it's usually 3-4 weeks after your build start date that the car arrives at the dealers?

Papereyes
23-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Mines build week 32 starting 08 August dealer said that's likely in September for pickup. Fingers crossed urs works out but looks like even if can forward 3-4 weeks I think end of Sep for you will be very tight

srbsq7
23-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Mines build week 32 starting 08 August dealer said that's likely in September for pickup. Fingers crossed urs works out but looks like even if can forward 3-4 weeks I think end of Sep for you will be very tight

I reckon you might be delaying yours for the 66 plate!

Jambo82
09-08-2016, 11:31 PM
Alright lads, took my personal plate off the 320D today. The ball is rolling....... and its starting to feel real.

I have been on numerous forums in the past and theres always a "show and shine" or a "show your audi" thread. Anyone going to start one for the Q7 ?

srbsq7
10-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Alright lads, took my personal plate off the 320D today. The ball is rolling....... and its starting to feel real.

I have been on numerous forums in the past and theres always a "show and shine" or a "show your audi" thread. Anyone going to start one for the Q7 ?

Hi Jambo, there was one but we've been deprived of new car photos for a few weeks after a flurry of deliveries so it's dropped off the recent list. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Jambo82
10-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Can you link me to the thread please ?? cheers

maxw
11-08-2016, 01:36 PM
There you go jambo

First clean up pic's.. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175896-First-clean-up-pic-s)

4M Pics and Videos (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176165-4M-Pics-and-Videos)

New Q7 - Page 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175780-New-Q7/page2)

New 4M Q7 received - Pictures & 1st Thoughts (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176889-New-4M-Q7-received-Pictures-amp-1st-Thoughts)

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176121-Sepang-Blue-272hp-SLine

im sure there is others if you look about

M

srbsq7
11-08-2016, 07:50 PM
So are papereyes and Jambo the next two deliveries on the forum?

Jambo82
11-08-2016, 08:30 PM
There you go jambo

First clean up pic's.. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175896-First-clean-up-pic-s)

4M Pics and Videos (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176165-4M-Pics-and-Videos)

New Q7 - Page 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175780-New-Q7/page2)

New 4M Q7 received - Pictures & 1st Thoughts (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176889-New-4M-Q7-received-Pictures-amp-1st-Thoughts)

Sepang Blue 272hp SLine (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176121-Sepang-Blue-272hp-SLine)

im sure there is others if you look about

M

Superb, cheers M.

Jambo82
11-08-2016, 08:33 PM
So are papereyes and Jambo the next two deliveries on the forum?

I would have hoped there would be more before October !

Papereyes
11-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Looks like just us two. Hoping for first week of September

Jambo82
11-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Remind me, Papereyes of your oder date.

Why wont tapatalk let me post ?

maxw
11-08-2016, 09:28 PM
I thought gyro was due sept oct with his SQ7 ?

Gyro
11-08-2016, 10:14 PM
I thought gyro was due sept oct with his SQ7 ?

Max, build due to commence 29 August so hopefully have the car on the second half of September.

Papereyes
11-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Remind me, Papereyes of your oder date.

Why wont tapatalk let me post ?

Hey Jambo

So placed my order by end of March, not till end of May with no order date in sight, so complained and managed to take over a dealer order.
So for the order I took over details are

Order placed 28 mar with
Order received on June 15
Order confirmed on June 25
build date of 11 August

Think we should do a thread on who waited the longest

Jambo82
11-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Thankfully I haven't faired too badly....yet.

Official order date is 6/7.....build week 3/10.......but I really am hoping for that to come forward. Who have you ordered yours with ?

Papereyes
11-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Audi Dundee

Jambo82
11-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Mine is Coulsdon.....I think.

I am in Belfast but our local dealers are not the most forthcoming with the discount.

DrSteve
20-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi Jambo and everyone else. I'm about 99% sure I'll be ordering a Q7 in the next couple of weeks. I have had a few Audis in the past - TT, A3 and A4 but defected to that other German brand for the last car. Kiddie number 4 means more seats are needed and the Q7 looks the business.
Like Jambo I'm currently dealing with Belfast Audi and failing that I have got some great discount results from carwow and some of the broker sites which will be the backup plan.

Jambo - did you make any progress with Belfast Audi or were they not moving much at all?

Jambo82
21-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Steve, just sent you a PM.

DrSteve
21-08-2016, 12:41 AM
Reply sent (hopefully, as it flashed up some error or other)

Jambo82
25-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Apparently my order is build week 40 but still unconfirmed. Does anyone know how to speed up the confirmation process ?

When I ordered the car I was advised it would be ready sept/oct. I really would like it ASAP.

I have just sold my 320d so need the car ASAP !

srbsq7
25-08-2016, 11:26 AM
If build week 40 you should get it by the end of October. I think it should also get locked in for that week in early September from memory.

I was in the same boat as I sold my X5 two weeks after placing the order.

Worth the wait though [emoji3]

Jambo82
25-08-2016, 11:28 AM
I am going to get in touch with Audi uk and see if they can speed it up !

I know it will be worth the wait but I am not keen on getting the bus for the next 8 weeks ! Haha

Thakey17
25-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Have you logged in to "Your Audi"? It will say your build week. i.e I'm week 37 so it said build commence week 12th sept. It's now moved to "Preparation". Speaking with the dealer that should be there 1st/2nd week October. Could be slightly earlier. Week 40 I would say realistically end of Oct.

Papereyes
25-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Might be tough as all Audi uk do is speak back to ur dealer. If the dealer has one of their pre allocated slots for a demonstrator let's say; all Audi uk do is simply allow your dealer to do a swap on your build. However most of the earlier builds will most likely be in preparation stage so their specs can't be swapped. And as per thakey build 37 is in prep so you would only move forward to 38/39 I think (and if ur dealer has a car in that build week)

Nemo78
25-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Thankfully I haven't faired too badly....yet.

Official order date is 6/7.....build week 3/10.......but I really am hoping for that to come forward. Who have you ordered yours with ?

Same week sisters A3 is built - granted different factory!

Jambo82
25-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Have you logged in to "Your Audi"? It will say your build week. i.e I'm week 37 so it said build commence week 12th sept. It's now moved to "Preparation". Speaking with the dealer that should be there 1st/2nd week October. Could be slightly earlier. Week 40 I would say realistically end of Oct.

Build week 40 3rd October, but this is "not confirmed" according to the dealer. Has this moved for anyone ? Can I get it sped up ?

Nemo78
25-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Build week 40 3rd October, but this is "not confirmed" according to the dealer. Has this moved for anyone ? Can I get it sped up ?

Not confirmed as it can still move - it'll only be locked about 4 wks pre the date.

Jambo82
25-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Ok so should be confirmed in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Jambo82
13-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Build week confirmed for 26th Sep, anyone want to guess when the car will be ready for collection ? The dealer states "mid October" which isn't ideal when I am trying to book flights/ferry.

Arsenal play at home 19th October and I was thinking of tieing in the two, for pick up 20th.

What's the general consensus ?

Thakey17
13-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Now you have admitted to being an Arsenal fan I'm not prepared to offer any info. Ha ha. COYS!!

Mine was scheduled to be build this week but was already completed and went to QC yesterday. I was extremely happy that it was a week early until someone said on another thread that there's delays getting the cars from the docks here to the dealers. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it arrives end of this month. I'll keep you posted on my developments and time scales. Hopefully yours is exactly two weeks behind mine.

srbsq7
13-09-2016, 07:48 PM
I think that's a possibility if the shipping delays people have mentioned have cleared by then. My build week was 2nd May and I picked up on 21st

Nemo78
13-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Arsenal play at home 19th October and I was thinking of tieing in the two, for pick up 20th.

Forgot the rest of the thread but I can't wait for Tuesday night.....[emoji5]

Jambo82
13-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Mind the gap Thakey....jokes.

I would hate if the car was sitting ready start of October, no way I could wait to 20th ! Not sure what to do.

Thakey17
13-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Ha ha. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do but sit and wait. Our dealers have no sway in getting any manufacturing or transporting done any quicker. It's just the PDI that they can arrange quicker if you push them. I've not given my dealers any stick as I know they would have got it quicker if they could. I've got a guaranteed price on my A6 from 6 months ago. Every week is costing them money.

Nemo78
13-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Ha ha. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do but sit and wait. Our dealers have no sway in getting any manufacturing or transporting done any quicker. It's just the PDI that they can arrange quicker if you push them. I've not given my dealers any stick as I know they would have got it quicker if they could. I've got a guaranteed price on my A6 from 6 months ago. Every week is costing them money.

Yes and no....Under exceptional circumstances builds can be pushed through with Audi UK but never done with a normal order that I've known...

Jambo82
13-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Guys, in my position, what's your call ?

Hold out and see if the car comes in sooner. Or book flights/ferry anticipating 20th oct pick up.

Nemo78
13-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Guys, in my position, what's your call ?

Hold out and see if the car comes in sooner. Or book flights/ferry anticipating 20th oct pick up.

I think if you're build is wc 26th Sept at earliest the car will be in UK and potentially in your hands during end of wc 17th Oct

Thakey17
13-09-2016, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't book so far in advance. Just keep in regular contact with your dealer after Your Audi status changes to "In Transit"

Q7westwales
14-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Personally I think it's a bit risky to book now - I had build week 29 Aug, but actually got going a few days early - so I'm almost exactly a month ahead, and today the car is at sea. I'm assuming collection end of sept/ beginning of October, but if there are transit delays to dealer this could be mid October I suppose.

Papereyes
14-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Definitely risky to book now, I had to book flights to Edinburgh and luckily held back until the dealer got a consignment note from Audi that it was allocated a transporter, otherwise I would have been 5 days to early. Once dealers get consignment notes for shipping they will be more comfortable to guarantee u a pick up date

Jambo82
22-10-2016, 10:34 PM
So my car is now sitting in the dealers compound somewhere south of London as of yesterday. It will be ready for collection this week but I have far too much going on to make the (nearly) 24 hour round trip to collect and I don't think my wife will let me !

I have booked flight and return ferry for Thursday 3rd November, the dealer wasn't overly happy but I am guessing that was as he won't be getting his bonus/commission this month, instead it will go towards his christmas shopping, I am sure he will get over it.

I have researched a local company to carry out de-chrome on Friday 4th November to give it the black pack look as my dealer wouldn't spec it on my night black car.

Cant wait to pick it up but as I said I have enough on at the minute to keep me busy. I have bought numerous used/ex demo cars from dealers but never brand new so am hoping you guys will be able to prep me over the next few weeks with what I am to look out for and to ensure before I make the long journey back after agreeing to take the car.

Dealer advised against any auto-glym or similar treatment for the car which is good as at least he is honest ! He definitely advised purchase of GAP but I think id be better off sourcing that externally, can anyone advise of a good source ?

The service plan at £594 makes sense if I keep the car for two services, but what if I don't ? I am still unsure as to how the service interval is dictated on these cars, can anyone advise ?

If anyone has anything to add, it'd be great to hear from you....

Cheers

srbsq7
22-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Exciting times Jambo!

I went with their GAP insurance in the end for pierce of mind and it wasn't a material saving going external.

A couple of months later, Ford wanted to charge my mother in law the same premium for her New fiesta!! Sales guy didn't seem to get the point so we declined.

I didn't got for the service plan myself as I do very low mileage.

Nemo78
22-10-2016, 10:48 PM
So my car is now sitting in the dealers compound somewhere south of London as of yesterday. It will be ready for collection this week but I have far too much going on to make the (nearly) 24 hour round trip to collect and I don't think my wife will let me !

I have booked flight and return ferry for Thursday 3rd November, the dealer wasn't overly happy but I am guessing that was as he won't be getting his bonus/commission this month, instead it will go towards his christmas shopping, I am sure he will get over it.

I have researched a local company to carry out de-chrome on Friday 4th November to give it the black pack look as my dealer wouldn't spec it on my night black car.

Cant wait to pick it up but as I said I have enough on at the minute to keep me busy. I have bought numerous used/ex demo cars from dealers but never brand new so am hoping you guys will be able to prep me over the next few weeks with what I am to look out for and to ensure before I make the long journey back after agreeing to take the car.

Dealer advised against any auto-glym or similar treatment for the car which is good as at least he is honest ! He definitely advised purchase of GAP but I think id be better off sourcing that externally, can anyone advise of a good source ?

The service plan at £594 makes sense if I keep the car for two services, but what if I don't ? I am still unsure as to how the service interval is dictated on these cars, can anyone advise ?

If anyone has anything to add, it'd be great to hear from you....

Cheers

I bought my GAP insurance through gapinsurance.co.uk (they were this time last year giving 10% off to forum members) so I picked the 5yr Replacement GAP for £400 (did insure the gap to full vehicle value which I know is pointless as normal insurance would cover some) but it was only small difference so did it.

Will also follow same route for sisters A3 in the coming week

Re servicing both my initial and current Q7 were on the long life which looking at current cars indicator is looking like 2yr service interval at the moment...

Jambo82
22-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Cheers for the replies guys, can either of you advise as to how the service interval is dictated/decided ? I don't do big miles either.

Nemo78
22-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Cheers for the replies guys, can either of you advise as to how the service interval is dictated/decided ? I don't do big miles either.

I believe it's set to long life unless you ask them to do otherwise (I.e the annual route...) I think I'll only do between 10-12k and just left as the long life service whereas in reality probably should've gone annual service

James Hamilton
22-10-2016, 11:56 PM
What exactly do they do when de-chroming (what process)?

Jambo82
23-10-2016, 12:28 AM
What exactly do they do when de-chroming (what process)?

I want the grill, window frames and Quattro blades blacked out. They use a high gloss vinyl wrap is what I have been told. Essentially as the black pack would look.

cupra
23-10-2016, 08:27 PM
In terms of service interval this depends on what your annual mileage is going to be. I was given the choice by the dealer when I signed up for the car. Went for annual fixed service which is 10000 miles as this is typical for me. If you are going to do higher mileage then go for the long life service interval which is then dictated by the car based on how you drive it. I went for this on my A4 as I do much higher mileage in that car.

I went for a service pack which worked out at £12/month for 4 years as planning on keeping it. That's if I can resist the urge to buy an SQ7[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jambo82
25-10-2016, 09:52 AM
In terms of service interval this depends on what your annual mileage is going to be. I was given the choice by the dealer when I signed up for the car. Went for annual fixed service which is 10000 miles as this is typical for me. If you are going to do higher mileage then go for the long life service interval which is then dictated by the car based on how you drive it. I went for this on my A4 as I do much higher mileage in that car.

I went for a service pack which worked out at £12/month for 4 years as planning on keeping it. That's if I can resist the urge to buy an SQ7[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talking to the dealer yesterday and he advises annual servicing due to my 10k per year predicted mileage. I am happy enough with a 2 year servicing interval. £12 per month must have been for the 4 years ? The option now is £33 a month for 18 months. Works out roughly the same.

Jambo82
25-10-2016, 09:55 AM
I bought my GAP insurance through gapinsurance.co.uk (they were this time last year giving 10% off to forum members) so I picked the 5yr Replacement GAP for £400 (did insure the gap to full vehicle value which I know is pointless as normal insurance would cover some) but it was only small difference so did it.

Will also follow same route for sisters A3 in the coming week

Re servicing both my initial and current Q7 were on the long life which looking at current cars indicator is looking like 2yr service interval at the moment...

Nemo which Gap policy did you go for and what do you pay for it ? Anyone know what the Audi product costs at present ?

Nemo78
25-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Nemo which Gap policy did you go for and what do you pay for it ? Anyone know what the Audi product costs at present ?

Hey Jambo,

I went with Replacement GAP for 5years. Initially paid £400 for my policy and then had to pay extra £10 for the second Q7 due to increase in insurance etc.

Just checked the policy now is £472 with 5yr cover and gap insured to Total Vehicle Value - if they still do the 10% off for members of forum take an extra £47 off.

My Audi Dealers GAP was just over £1k for 3 yr invoice replacement GAP.

I did some research and both the dealers and GAP insurance were rated 5star by defaqto and therefore have taken the 'risk' and gone with this policy rather than dealers.

Hopefully something I'll not need to test out if you know what I mean but I will be more than likely buying the A3 GAP from same company rather than dealers mainly due to extended policy in years and then cost [emoji1360]

Jambo82
25-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Hey Jambo,

I went with Replacement GAP for 5years. Initially paid £400 for my policy and then had to pay extra £10 for the second Q7 due to increase in insurance etc.

Just checked the policy now is £472 with 5yr cover and gap insured to Total Vehicle Value - if they still do the 10% off for members of forum take an extra £47 off.

My Audi Dealers GAP was just over £1k for 3 yr invoice replacement GAP.

I did some research and both the dealers and GAP insurance were rated 5star by defaqto and therefore have taken the 'risk' and gone with this policy rather than dealers.

Hopefully something I'll not need to test out if you know what I mean but I will be more than likely buying the A3 GAP from same company rather than dealers mainly due to extended policy in years and then cost [emoji1360]

On that website I was getting quoted around £150 for cover to £5000. I don't quite understand but is that enough cover ?

Nemo78
25-10-2016, 10:53 AM
On that website I was getting quoted around £150 for cover to £5000. I don't quite understand but is that enough cover ?

So...again as I understood it £5k would be the max they'd pay you on your quote.

Let's the say hypothetically the car is a total loss and your insurance pay out £30k your GAP would then pay you what you set out as the claim limit - so if £5k only give you £5k, meaning in fact you are out of pocket.

Not sure why they do it this way....probably as it allows them to have some attractive prices...

Increase the limit and you see policy price go up. I'm not sure what the dealer limit was but pretty sure it would cover the full GAP.

Increase the claim limit as I did to full vehicle price then (that's overkill) as insurance will pay something but as I'm hoping to keep car for 4/5 years I'm pretty sure the market value will be shocking hence needing the bigger GAP payout if anything happened.

So in effect let's say car is worth £10k in 4 years time and something happened...insurance policy pays me the £10k and the GAP policy pays me the rest to get me back in to £60k car.

Now if I've misunderstood this then someone please let me know as well, as well as Jambo who is yet to purchase a policy [emoji1360]

Edit to add from a live chat with them:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161025/e1b6b058f9c0db477c3c30e971f5ab94.jpg

Jambo82
25-10-2016, 01:57 PM
So...again as I understood it £5k would be the max they'd pay you on your quote.

Let's the say hypothetically the car is a total loss and your insurance pay out £30k your GAP would then pay you what you set out as the claim limit - so if £5k only give you £5k, meaning in fact you are out of pocket.

Not sure why they do it this way....probably as it allows them to have some attractive prices...

Increase the limit and you see policy price go up. I'm not sure what the dealer limit was but pretty sure it would cover the full GAP.

Increase the claim limit as I did to full vehicle price then (that's overkill) as insurance will pay something but as I'm hoping to keep car for 4/5 years I'm pretty sure the market value will be shocking hence needing the bigger GAP payout if anything happened.

So in effect let's say car is worth £10k in 4 years time and something happened...insurance policy pays me the £10k and the GAP policy pays me the rest to get me back in to £60k car.

Now if I've misunderstood this then someone please let me know as well, as well as Jambo who is yet to purchase a policy [emoji1360]

Edit to add from a live chat with them:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161025/e1b6b058f9c0db477c3c30e971f5ab94.jpg

I would be happy enough for GAP just to clear why I owe on PCP so probably only require the minimum cover.

pitch3110
27-10-2016, 09:17 PM
My GAP was £150.00 for my bog standard (no glovebox lid, radio pre-set buttons and headrests) 218ps S line on a PCH which is £12k something over two years.

Pitch

Jambo82
27-10-2016, 09:26 PM
My GAP was £150.00 for my bog standard (no glovebox lid, radio pre-set buttons and headrests) 218ps S line on a PCH which is £12k something over two years.

Pitch

Where from Pitch ?

pitch3110
27-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Where from Pitch ?

These bods.

http://www.ala.co.uk/

I am paying £142.00 and they were very helpful. PM me your email and I will forward my doc's for reference.

Pitch

Papereyes
27-10-2016, 10:52 PM
These bods.

http://www.ala.co.uk/

I am paying £142.00 and they were very helpful. PM me your email and I will forward my doc's for reference.

Pitch

Went with ala too mainly because of the cover limit is quite high. there's usually a 10% discount if u google or go via cash back sites paid 360 for 5 years with a max limit of up to 40k in depreciation.

DrSteve
03-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Well???? How did collection day go?

Jambo82
03-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Guys today was the day. 5am start and flight to Gatwick to be kindly met at arrivals by my man from the dealers to drive me to the dealership.

Car was was in the handover room with dust sheet etc and a lot of effort was made. Bottle of champers inside too. I couldn't fault the dealers and the service that I had been given. He went through all of them features and I just wanted to get on the road !
There was a minor scuff just above the grill, unbeknown to the dealer how it got there I wasn't too bothered.

The 7 hour drive to Holyhead was a breeze in comfort mode and when I needed to press on I hit the dynamic button and watched my mpg drop !

I am going to have plenty of questions over the coming days and weeks but here's my first:

What mode on drive select is the most "efficient" ? I had an Eco-pro on my Beemer that I always drove in. These are my options:

Off-road (who knows ?)
Comfort
Dynamic
Individual

Thakey17
03-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Guys today was the day. 5am start and flight to Gatwick to be kindly met at arrivals by my man from the dealers to drive me to the dealership.

Car was was in the handover room with dust sheet etc and a lot of effort was made. Bottle of champers inside too. I couldn't fault the dealers and the service that I had been given. He went through all of them features and I just wanted to get on the road !
There was a minor scuff just above the grill, unbeknown to the dealer how it got there I wasn't too bothered.

The 7 hour drive to Holyhead was a breeze in comfort mode and when I needed to press on I hit the dynamic button and watched my mpg drop !

I am going to have plenty of questions over the coming days and weeks but here's my first:

What mode on drive select is the most "efficient" ? I had an Eco-pro on my Beemer that I always drove in. These are my options:

Off-road (who knows ?)
Comfort
Dynamic
Individual

Congrats Jambo.

It seems yours is like mine. No Efficiency mode on the drive select. I'm not sure why. I think I'm going to call the dealer to find out. Is yours a 218 or 272 engine?

I mainly drive in comfort but like you chuck it in Dynamic for a quick blast. Also think it looks better parked in Dynamic mode. [emoji57]

Jambo82
03-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Congrats Jambo.

It seems yours is like mine. No Efficiency mode on the drive select. I'm not sure why. I think I'm going to call the dealer to find out. Is yours a 218 or 272 engine?

I mainly drive in comfort but like you chuck it in Dynamic for a quick blast. Also think it looks better parked in Dynamic mode. [emoji57]

218 Thakey, don't notice much difference from the 272 I test drove. Plenty of power there.

If I remember correctly the additional options in drive select were exclusive to tech pack or something similar.

Thakey17
03-11-2016, 09:48 PM
218 Thakey, don't notice much difference from the 272 I test drove. Plenty of power there.

If I remember correctly the additional options in drive select were exclusive to tech pack or something similar.

Mine is a 218 too. I'm now thinking that the 218 doesn't have it. Would be good if anyone else with a 218 could confirm.

I agree, not a real difference between the two in terms of power. I was surprised as I'd ordered it blind without trying one. Had only driven the 272. I'm very happy with how it pulls along.

srbsq7
03-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Congrats Jambo! Pics!!

I believe you need Predictive efficiency assist to get the efficiency option. I have it as it's part of the dynamic pack.

Thakey17
03-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Congrats Jambo! Pics!!

I believe you need Predictive efficiency assist to get the efficiency option. I have it as it's part of the dynamic pack.

That answers that then...... I was only saying to the missus today I regret not going the whole way and getting the Dynamic Pack when adding the Air Suspension.

Papereyes
03-11-2016, 11:52 PM
I have the efficiency option but didn't get the tech pack. Might be the 218 engine rating.

andyhud007
04-11-2016, 09:54 AM
That answers that then...... I was only saying to the missus today I regret not going the whole way and getting the Dynamic Pack when adding the Air Suspension.

There is no "hardware" to enabling Efficiency program, it will just be coding I'm 99% sure. The engine is the engine, its the computer doing all that mumbojumbo.

If we can get a coding and adaptation map of your car (as you dont have it) and compare to ours that do, we can prob crack the missing coding you need to switch it on.

Andy

Nemo78
04-11-2016, 10:47 AM

Off-road (who knows ?)
Comfort
Dynamic
Individual

Jambo great news and welcome to club.

Now I'm gonna throw this out there and ready to be told it's me and how I drive [emoji5]

I tried Q7v1 in mainly efficiency mode and found it was sluggish and defo didn't return any better mpg.

I then set about driving in comfort and auto same journeys etc and found these to be returning better mpg and well a better drive.

So Q7v2 has never seen Efficiency mode selected...

t1sh
04-11-2016, 12:09 PM
There is no "hardware" to enabling Efficiency program, it will just be coding I'm 99% sure. The engine is the engine, its the computer doing all that mumbojumbo.

If we can get a coding and adaptation map of your car (as you dont have it) and compare to ours that do, we can prob crack the missing coding you need to switch it on.

Andy

Hello Andy,

I do believe you are right.

What about the Apple Car Play? To me this should a software update or coding with no additional hardware. As I don't see Audi taking the financial loss or delay in producing the cars due to us, clients, ticking the option or not.

Of course I don't see any dealer offering thus so far.

andyhud007
04-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Hello Andy,

I do believe you are right.

What about the Apple Car Play? To me this should a software update or coding with no additional hardware. As I don't see Audi taking the financial loss or delay in producing the cars due to us, clients, ticking the option or not.

Of course I don't see any dealer offering thus so far.
Carplay and Android Auto is a firmware update to the MMI sadly. Not just coding.

It can be done though but not via official audi channels

srbsq7
04-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Jambo great news and welcome to club.

Now I'm gonna throw this out there and ready to be told it's me and how I drive [emoji5]

I tried Q7v1 in mainly efficiency mode and found it was sluggish and defo didn't return any better mpg.

I then set about driving in comfort and auto same journeys etc and found these to be returning better mpg and well a better drive.

So Q7v2 has never seen Efficiency mode selected...

I'm with Nemo, I didn't see any significant benefit to mpg but found it really annoying with some of the prompts and how it behaved with ACC enabled i.e. far too sluggish pulling away and also when approaching junctions or roundabouts.

I tend to have it in Comfort when driving with the family and Individual when on my own - this is set to Dynamic for ACC & Engine, but Comfort for Steering & Suspension. Dynamic ACC is pretty good and I have found myself driving quite long distances with "feet off".

The one thing that I think does help MPG from the Predictive Efficiency option is the little 'foot' icon you get in the HUD. I do find myself lifting off the accelerator without thinking when it pops up!

maxw
04-11-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm with Nemo, I didn't see any significant benefit to mpg but found it really annoying with some of the prompts and how it behaved with ACC enabled i.e. far too sluggish pulling away and also when approaching junctions or roundabouts.

I tend to have it in Comfort when driving with the family and Individual when on my own - this is set to Dynamic for ACC & Engine, but Comfort for Steering & Suspension. Dynamic ACC is pretty good and I have found myself driving quite long distances with "feet off".

The one thing that I think does help MPG from the Predictive Efficiency option is the little 'foot' icon you get in the HUD. I do find myself lifting off the accelerator without thinking when it pops up!

ive done the same trips in all settings and I'm with you guys
efficency is no better and very sluggish in fact it can be dangerous if you go to over take even putting the gear lever in sport
ivwent to over take a car and the response was so slow

dynamic normal not sport I get very close to the same mpg on the same 60 mile journey on a single carriageway trip

also have read some where using the car in efficiency mode can use more adblue not sure if this is true
but what I've read

a good alrounder seem to be auto but not really sure how auto works
ie With air ride does it stiffen up if you hit a bend hard but soft on straight ?
and eco until you put ya foot down there is nothing to really tell you how each setting works as such

i mainly use dynamic and auto On A roads efficiency round town and comfort and efficiency on duel carriageway

srbsq7
04-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I think Auto seems to be like comfort at slow speeds but firms up with speed and driving style. Difficult to tell really but the one thing i did notice whilst on a private test track (ahem), is that around 80-85mph, the suspension does lower. You can actually see it do it if on the Car page. I'm not sure if it's actually firmer too but I think I read it's to reduce drag.

MicaBlue
04-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Carplay and Android Auto is a firmware update to the MMI sadly. Not just coding.

It can be done though but not via official audi channels

When you say it can be done….. Do you know anyone who can do it?

Thakey17
04-11-2016, 01:09 PM
I think Auto seems to be like comfort at slow speeds but firms up with speed and driving style. Difficult to tell really but the one thing i did notice whilst on a private test track (ahem), is that around 80-85mph, the suspension does lower. You can actually see it do it if on the Car page. I'm not sure if it's actually firmer too but I think I read it's to reduce drag.

Ha ha, like a Maclaren P1 in race mode. I'm using comfort a lot but after reading the last couple of messages I'll try auto.

maxw
04-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes auto is nice to use
its like a lot of things same as all wheel steering although I sort of know know
but there is no where to exsplain what things do and how they work in fetail
all wheel steering def works better in auto and dynamic
interesting to know the car lowers at speed
does the Q7 have active exhaust sound? I know the SQ7 does
and in indervidual set up show active exhaust and in dynamic it does seem to
sound louder?

maxw
04-11-2016, 01:20 PM
When you say it can be done….. Do you know anyone who can do it?

You put ya foot down in efficiency mode the delay is silly
and dangerous if you pulled out to overtake
auto and dynamic normal way more fun with same mpg
plus always just pop in sport lol

Papereyes
05-11-2016, 12:51 AM
ive done the same trips in all settings and I'm with you guys
efficency is no better and very sluggish in fact it can be dangerous if you go to over take even putting the gear lever in sport
ivwent to over take a car and the response was so slow

dynamic normal not sport I get very close to the same mpg on the same 60 mile journey on a single carriageway trip

also have read some where using the car in efficiency mode can use more adblue not sure if this is true
but what I've read

a good alrounder seem to be auto but not really sure how auto works
ie With air ride does it stiffen up if you hit a bend hard but soft on straight ?
and eco until you put ya foot down there is nothing to really tell you how each setting works as such

i mainly use dynamic and auto On A roads efficiency round town and comfort and efficiency on duel carriageway

I also found that by putting it into efficiency mode meant that the stop start kicked in a lot quicker, not sure its going to save you to much in the long run.

I’m still thinking this might be an engine hotspot size to determine whether you get it, my theory is that by moving it to efficiency it also means changing the engine mapping to be less and if you have the 218 I don’t think they want to lessen it any more.

Has anyone with a 218 actually got the efficiency mode?

Jambo82
05-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Guys got the car blacked out today and will post some pics when she is washed ! Driving in auto mode seems to be the way to go except she is definitely a little slow to respond in auto.

My previous car 320d was the first car I owned to have stop start and I didn't mind it. The engine kicked in as soon as you released your foot from the brake . I had expected the same from the Q7 but instead the engine doesn't kick in until I press the accelerator. Is there a world around for this ? Or just something to get used to ?

srbsq7
06-11-2016, 12:06 AM
Yeah, it is a bit different to the BMW implementation. My wife's X1 is the same. I'm used to it now and if I need to pull away quickly, I just flick it into sport briefly to start the engine.

DrSteve
06-11-2016, 12:08 AM
Not a lover of start / stop myself and turn it off every time I get into the car. I know it can be coded to stay off in my BMW - can this be done in the Q7 too?

Jambo82
06-11-2016, 12:10 AM
There's a button for sure to turn it off. Having the engine come on as you release the brake is by far a better option ? Why can't they all be made like that ?

Wait untill you see your fuel economy then you may want to use the start-stop DrSteve

DrSteve
06-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Is it really that bad? I'm sitting at about 35-36mpg average in my current car. Is it a lot worse?

Jambo82
06-11-2016, 12:16 AM
Is it really that bad? I'm sitting at about 35-36mpg average in my current car. Is it a lot worse?

Bearing in mind my 320D is was at 45mpg and that was by no means driving conservatively.

I have only really done two trips and have returned the following:

Surrey to Holyhead mainly comfort mode but dynamic when I realised I was going to miss the ferry..... Started off around 35mpg but dropped to 29mpg after flooring it a little.

One 45 minute trip today around Belfast with lots of start-stop in auto mode. 27mpg.

Hoping it improves with breaking in.

srbsq7
06-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Now I'm used to it, I prefer it the way it is as with the auto handbrake, you can take your feet off once you've stopped at a junction and the engine cuts out.

I mainly do short journeys and my MPG since new is 29.

I've found you can make significant differences if you can get it to disengage the gearbox frequently. It really does roll when it's in that mode.

maxw
06-11-2016, 04:48 AM
Guys
you got me wondering now as I'm sure on mine when you take your foot off the brake the engine starts (as long as hand brake not applied)
and if your in traffic mode on cruse the car cuts out at the traffic lights then the moment they go green the engine restats
withbout touching anything then either push throttle to move back on traffic cruse or pull the stick towards you

im really having to double check now when remove foot from break unless the park break is on if park brake removed with foot on brake
once foot then removed the car restarts unless you put foot on throttle with out removing park brake then engine restarts with foot on throttle
or am I reading this post wrong? Forgive me if I am please lol

Papereyes
06-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Guys
you got me wondering now as I'm sure on mine when you take your foot off the brake the engine starts (as long as hand brake not applied)
and if your in traffic mode on cruse the car cuts out at the traffic lights then the moment they go green the engine restats
withbout touching anything then either push throttle to move back on traffic cruse or pull the stick towards you

im really having to double check now when remove foot from break unless the park break is on if park brake removed with foot on brake
once foot then removed the car restarts unless you put foot on throttle with out removing park brake then engine restarts with foot on throttle
or am I reading this post wrong? Forgive me if I am please lol

Think I've got the same just came back from weekly shopping. Essentially you reach a stop and apply break for 3 seconds then green @ symbols appear in cockpit and engine cuts out. Take your foot off the break and the car starts up.

Tried this in auto and efficiency mode (just in case it was a setting there).

srbsq7
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM
You guys are correct, I didn't realise there is different behaviour depending if you have auto brake switched on or not.

Just tried it out with it off and as you say, when you take your foot off the brake the engine starts

I've always had the auto brake enabled so for me, engine cuts out and stays off until you touch the accelerator, select S or touch the ACC stalk.

Jambo82
07-11-2016, 03:56 PM
You guys are correct, I didn't realise there is different behaviour depending if you have auto brake switched on or not.

Just tried it out with it off and as you say, when you take your foot off the brake the engine starts

I've always had the auto brake enabled so for me, engine cuts out and stays off until you touch the accelerator, select S or touch the ACC stalk.

So tell me again, what do I need to switch off ?

srbsq7
07-11-2016, 04:12 PM
This button [emoji3]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161107/e368c8b0ea946b01c54ee45d302587cc.jpg

Jambo82
01-12-2016, 07:08 PM
If you have read my other thread you will know of my misfortune. I always said I wanted to get some pics up so have a look here and I hope you all think she looks as good as I do ! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/68f03ff973eb1325bec48ecf280d4468.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/cc28f76917c0da26f18a06384d80b574.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/abfa379fda37bcf41bd2f136e5b89c02.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/78832b1c9513d52c23a41f78a08ff796.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/0a5c0da918a938cf03b60da18f7c9266.jpg

maxw
01-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Looks real nice and welcome to the Q7 club

M

Thakey17
01-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Jambo, I remember you asking some details about the Black Pack. It looks great in the photos. Did they do a good job? I just love the grill all blacked out. Looks awesome.

Jambo82
04-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Jambo, I remember you asking some details about the Black Pack. It looks great in the photos. Did they do a good job? I just love the grill all blacked out. Looks awesome.

Thakey, couldn't fault the guys that did the work and I am delighted. Looks just like the OEM to me and it's exactly what I wanted. All seems a bit unprofessional that some customers were allowed to order the black pack on a black car and others were not.

Thakey17
05-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Thakey, couldn't fault the guys that did the work and I am delighted. Looks just like the OEM to me and it's exactly what I wanted. All seems a bit unprofessional that some customers were allowed to order the black pack on a black car and others were not.

Totally agree. Really not sure why that was the case. It was listed on the configurator at the time that it wasn't possible yet it seems people were ordering. You got there in the end and the results look great. I do think that Audi UK get it wrong quite a bit on their communication with customers. It took me ages to work out that the Audi Tablets weren't available and I never did get a response on the 22" wheel upgrade. I just stopped chasing as it could have delayed my car further.

We're both in the gang now and have the cars, that's the main thing.

Look forward to seeing more pics.

Jambo82
30-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Guys hope everyone is having a good Christmas. I have been getting some good driving in the Q7 since the holidays have started ! Now I have a couple of questions for you experienced guys.

I have really been enjoying the driving experience if a little irked by the fuel consumption at present (average 26.5MPG, due to lots of short journeys.)

1. Air con- What does "4 zone" actually mean ? When I adjust the temperature in "4 zone" it doesn't change in the rear and then whoever is in the rear can't adjust it themselves. Does anyone know how to correct this ?

2. I have Spotify on my phone and I have been really enjoying playing it through Bluetooth. But I have to look at the phone to skip or make selections. Is there a way to get the Spotify interface up on the screen in the car ?

3. My wife turned in her wifi in the car yesterday and she was able to see a connection associated to the car but it was locked and needed a password. I have no idea where I can find the password. I was under the impression that I had to buy a SIM card and subscribe which I haven't done.

Cheers for the help guys

sm02fly
30-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Guys hope everyone is having a good Christmas. I have been getting some good driving in the Q7 since the holidays have started ! Now I have a couple of questions for you experienced guys.

I have really been enjoying the driving experience if a little irked by the fuel consumption at present (average 26.5MPG, due to lots of short journeys.)

1. Air con- What does "4 zone" actually mean ? When I adjust the temperature in "4 zone" it doesn't change in the rear and then whoever is in the rear can't adjust it themselves. Does anyone know how to correct this ?

2. I have Spotify on my phone and I have been really enjoying playing it through Bluetooth. But I have to look at the phone to skip or make selections. Is there a way to get the Spotify interface up on the screen in the car ?

3. My wife turned in her wifi in the car yesterday and she was able to see a connection associated to the car but it was locked and needed a password. I have no idea where I can find the password. I was under the impression that I had to buy a SIM card and subscribe which I haven't done.

Cheers for the help guys

For Q1 - if you have a single (or both) child locks enabled on in the rear doors (via the buttons on the drivers door panel control), you cannot adjust the A/C using the rear controls. Disable the child locks then '4 zone' does mean 4 independent heating settings can be used.

srbsq7
30-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey Jambo, same here, had a trip out to Suffolk coast with the family for a couple of days this week. Hope your enjoying yours too.

My MPG is very similar to yours due to mainly short town trips. On a decent run the MPG can get well into the 30's though so I'm pretty happy. I typically do 6-8k p/a so fuel costs isn't that big a deal for me.

On your questions:
1) there is a button in the middle of the air con settings which you can move up and down for different settings. If you change to SYNC, you can then adjust all 4 zones with the drivers temp controller. If someone changes theirs, i think it goes back to 4 zone (individual). I think the other settings allow you to turn off the rear completely so the kids can't fiddle!

2) I think the ideal solution is to use CarPlay or AndroidAuto if you have it as the Spotify app is on both. If not, you can try playing around with the different options to see if you have any joy e.g. I can control itunes via Bluetooth and also when using wifi (but you need the MMI connect app running).

3) I think the Wifi is always there regardless if there is a SIM and Internet access (e.g. via the eSIM on FY17 cars). This would mean you can still connect the MMI connect app and stream audio from phones etc. Also means if the kids wanted to play a networked game on the iPads they could do. To find the default password, you need to go to something like Settings and Connection Manager and from there I think you use the right option button to see Wifi settings or hotspot. This is where you connect the car to a phone if you want to use its internet connection.

srbsq7
30-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Just tried Spotify and whilst connected via Bluetooth I could see tracks on MMI and change to next tracks via steering wheel but couldn't swap playlists - I assumed this was because I now only have the free version?

maxw
30-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Weather seem to be a huge factor and in the last couple of months spec the last month
my cars gone from high 30s and 41mpg to about 35mpg now and that's just down to the weather
having heated seat on heating on lights on etc seems silly but it's the same trip same miles so it's got to be just down to the weather

A 60 mile trip on a single carriage way A road odd overtake the trip takes between 1hr 10 and 1hr 30 mins no real stopping near constant 50-60 mph

i know now in the winter with heating and seats lights etc does change mpg but not that much lol

as for around town prob mid to late 20s at the moment

M

Jambo82
30-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Just tried Spotify and whilst connected via Bluetooth I could see tracks on MMI and change to next tracks via steering wheel but couldn't swap playlists - I assumed this was because I now only have the free version?

Cheers for the replies guys. Tried this earlier but couldn't find where to change tracks on the steering wheel....what button was it ?

MMI has all the details of tracks etc but I have to skip on the phone. I also have the free version.

srbsq7
31-12-2016, 12:47 AM
It was the button to the right of the right hand scroll wheel I used. I couldn't skip back a track on free version.

I used to have a paid for subscription of Spotify but when Apple brought out their family subscription it worked out better to go down that route as the kids were more familiar with it

Jambo82
02-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Last day of the Christmas holidays today, I took the family into the Mournes in the Q7. She was a dream to drive as expected but seems like I got pretty lucky with some photos here ! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/274f9f424e2d688c0580dbae6afb4ee6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/431606977daf02d3fbf1ca6e00a4ff70.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/532e5422f54daa0f02c2239193d11dd6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/21648efb28525522c1497c91a0b56f88.jpg

boman5000
02-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Last day of the Christmas holidays today, I took the family into the Mournes in the Q7. She was a dream to drive as expected but seems like I got pretty lucky with some photos here ! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/274f9f424e2d688c0580dbae6afb4ee6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/431606977daf02d3fbf1ca6e00a4ff70.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/532e5422f54daa0f02c2239193d11dd6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/21648efb28525522c1497c91a0b56f88.jpg

Very nice!

andyhud007
03-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Looks stunning mate.. Really really nice.

DrSteve
03-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Looks great. Glad you are enjoying it. Mine has arrived in Belfast but can't pick it up until end of February or early March. Going to be a long wait!

A7_UFO
04-01-2017, 12:51 PM
I know the addition of silver trim is typically a s-line upgrade, I do like the look of black on black (ooo err).

MKM_06
05-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Hi all,

Fairy new to the forum, ordered my new Q7 back in November and have been given build week 3. Can't track it on yourAudi because it's a dealer spec car that they have modified on the system so it doesn't track it to me, so having to rely on dealer updates and trying not to phone customer services too often! Can't wait for it to come, have gone for a 272 S-Line in standard black, with Tech pack, reversing camera and leather, so nothing too outrageous! Wish I could track it on the web though...

Papereyes
05-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

Fairy new to the forum, ordered my new Q7 back in November and have been given build week 3. Can't track it on yourAudi because it's a dealer spec car that they have modified on the system so it doesn't track it to me, so having to rely on dealer updates and trying not to phone customer services too often! Can't wait for it to come, have gone for a 272 S-Line in standard black, with Tech pack, reversing camera and leather, so nothing too outrageous! Wish I could track it on the web though...

Welcome to the club!

They should be able to transfer yet over you. I took over a dealers car order. Make sure they do as it depends if they are selling to you as first owner or second owner.

Options I think you might want to consider is getting the side assist and the ambient lighting and bose

MKM_06
05-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Cheers Papereyes - I tried too get them to switch it to me, the standard customer service guy claims they can't do that. Did you get the dealer to do it or customer service to do it?

Jambo82
05-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

I would consider the black pack ! But that's my personal preference.

MKM_06
05-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I would consider the black pack ! But that's my personal preference.

Have seen what that looks like in your photos and have to say it looks amazing! Think with build week 3 I'm locked in now but still can't wait.

Nemo78
05-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

Think Papereyes has hit nail on head for you...both mine we mine were dealer amended cars and I the order was transferred in to my name and I was given the order number..

They can do it so you can track it - just making them do it.

Welcome along to the forum [emoji1360]

anemeth
05-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Good for you! Here in Hungary when I mentioned that I would like to track my order, they looked at me like I was speaking greek. No facility to track order by customer exist in Hungary.

I ordered mine in mid December, built week is #8.

Here is my order:
Audi Q7 3.0l TDI 218PS
Night Black
Comfort Seat - Rock Grey Valcona
Comfort front centre armrest
Black roof rails
Double glazing
MMI navigation plus
Audi Smartphone Interface
Audi Connect
Audi Phone box
Head-up display
Adaptive air suspension
Fuel tank - 85 litres wth AdBlue tank - 24 litres

MKM_06
05-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Think Papereyes has hit nail on head for you...both mine we mine were dealer amended cars and I the order was transferred in to my name and I was given the order number..

They can do it so you can track it - just making them do it.

Welcome along to the forum [emoji1360]

Cheers.

I'll go bend their ear on the phone then!

Jambo82
05-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Cheers.

I'll go bend their ear on the phone then!

Guys, my dealer wasn't the most tech savvy lets just say. To add, am not great with computers myself as many of you on here had to help me with tracking the background data of my order.

But.....all you need to track your order is the order reference number. When I placed my order the dealer posted me out the paperwork and I just tried to enter the number into MyAudi and it workers first time.

MKM_06
05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Guys, my dealer wasn't the most tech savvy lets just say. To add, am not great with computers myself as many of you on here had to help me with tracking the background data of my order.

But.....all you need to track your order is the order reference number. When I placed my order the dealer posted me out the paperwork and I just tried to enter the number into MyAudi and it workers first time.

Cheers Jambo, have tried that and the details apparently don't match. I've spoken to them and they are 'Looking into it'. Somebody somewhere has probably not transferred the details over properly!

MKM_06
16-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Just an update - it finally appeared on Your Audi, I was down for build week 3 which is this week but it's already in QC. Can't wait but having to guess on how long it will be before I take delivery. Thanks all!

Nemo78
16-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Just an update - it finally appeared on Your Audi, I was down for build week 3 which is this week but it's already in QC. Can't wait but having to guess on how long it will be before I take delivery. Thanks all!

That's great news...the car potentially entered QC today as in my experience the car is built in the days leading up to the build week and enters QC according to tracker on the Monday of build week.

Usually by end of week it'll be out of QC and hopefully starting its journey across. Again from memory for me this took about 2 wks from leaving factory and getting to dealers. However dealers do quote up to 4 weeks from build week.

A7_UFO
17-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I've been told by the dealer mine is getting built this week, although still has build date 30/1 on youraudi. Should hopefully be ready for early March delivery. One of those 17 reg but pre April cheaper tax registrations (touch wood).

MKM_06
18-01-2017, 11:12 AM
I've been told by the dealer mine is getting built this week, although still has build date 30/1 on youraudi. Should hopefully be ready for early March delivery. One of those 17 reg but pre April cheaper tax registrations (touch wood).

Nice! Mine has gone to 'Left Bratislava' on the front end tracker and the background tracker it is at status 30. Mine was build week 3 (16th) and it went panel shop on the 12th, paint shop 13th, assembly 14th, QC 16th and today the 18th has left the factory! Not too fussed by a 17 plate, just looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Thakey17
18-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Good luck guys. Hope they arrive nice and quickly. I certainly don't miss the constant checking on your Audi. It drove me insane!!! All worth it when you finally get the call to say it's ready. Keep us posted and look forward to the pics. We've not had any new ones on here for a while.

A7_UFO
23-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Nice! Mine has gone to 'Left Bratislava' on the front end tracker and the background tracker it is at status 30. Mine was build week 3 (16th) and it went panel shop on the 12th, paint shop 13th, assembly 14th, QC 16th and today the 18th has left the factory! Not too fussed by a 17 plate, just looking forward to getting my hands on it!
I'll have a cheap private plate on there, so 17 reg doesn't mean anything to me apart from resale value (even though I've told the missus this purchase will DEFINITELY last us 10yrs). Thanks for the dates, very useful. Even though I went through the same process last April, with a 272 order, I can't remember how long it all took. Can you let me know when it docks and how long the prep takes. Thanks.

MKM_06
23-01-2017, 06:30 PM
I'll have a cheap private plate on there, so 17 reg doesn't mean anything to me apart from resale value (even though I've told the missus this purchase will DEFINITELY last us 10yrs). Thanks for the dates, very useful. Even though I went through the same process last April, with a 272 order, I can't remember how long it all took. Can you let me know when it docks and how long the prep takes. Thanks.

Went to background status 38 yesterday, the 22nd, which I think is sitting at Emden. No idea how long it will take or which port it will come in to, presuming Grimsby?

MKM_06
27-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Further updates - went to 39 yesterday on the 26th and has moved to 40 today, the 27th. Dealer has caught a sniff of a month end sale and so is now pushing very hard for pick up next Tuesday.

Jambo82
27-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Further updates - went to 39 yesterday on the 26th and has moved to 40 today, the 27th. Dealer has caught a sniff of a month end sale and so is now pushing very hard for pick up next Tuesday.

Lads, it seems that my thread has been updated quite recently regarding new orders ! Regarding the above, they told me my car would be ready for September as I had a new baby on the way, it wasn't ready until the end of October. Again, they tried to push me for a collection before the end of the month. As I was moving house politely declined and collected 3rd November. Don't let them back you into a corner. They will get their sale regardless.

srbsq7
27-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Good news MKM. Looking forward to the pics - not been many recently.

What spec did you go for?

DrSteve
28-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Picking mine up on 21st Feb. Can't wait. Just trying to sort out detailing and need to get some gap insurance arranged since I'm not going with the Audi option. It has been a long wait.

Jambo82
28-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Good news Steve ! What colour you gone for ?

Just got the message today, "please fill adblue with at least 6l" Is this normal after only 2500 miles on the clock ? Anyone suggest where to get that stuff ?

Andymcdonald
28-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Just got the message today, "please fill adblue with at least 6l" Is this normal after only 2500 miles on the clock ? Anyone suggest where to get that stuff ?

Major petrol station brands stock it. I but 30l drums and get around 7k before I top up

srbsq7
28-01-2017, 12:28 PM
I think mine came up after that sort of mileage. I only have the 12l Adblue tank. I just bought a 10l refill from the local petrol station in the end - I toyed with using the pump for trucks but someone said the flow might be a bit quick so I chickened out.

Other option that quite a few people do is get Audi to do it.

Not pleasant stuff though.

maxw
28-01-2017, 04:38 PM

hi yes this seem to be the norm around 3,000 miles depending if your Audi dealership filled tank on pdi
as for buying you can get from most garage forcort or buy from Audi or eBay
i went into the dealer the first time and they filled it charging £1 per litre some Audi dealers seem to charge more
but this should be a standed price

the second time I brought 2x 5 litres from vow/Audi dealer £7 odd per 5 litre plus brought the special hose was about £7

and as per other on here here filled me self if you look through the forum

one guy had great idea can't remember who it was stood bottle on his wheelie bin and tip on its side to fill rather than hold

be carfull not to get on your paint work though or if you do wash quick with water
be sure to wear gloves as the die is hard to get off ya hands

there is a lot cheaper out there and come with a silly plastic filler that often splits

others have used the pump at a lorry filling station but you often need a fuel card account for this

hope its helps

M

Nemo78
28-01-2017, 04:47 PM
hi yes this seem to be the norm around 3,000 miles depending if your Audi dealership filled tank on pdi
as for buying you can get from most garage forcort or buy from Audi or eBay
i went into the dealer the first time and they filled it charging £1 per litre some Audi dealers seem to charge more
but this should be a standed price

the second time I brought 2x 5 litres from vow/Audi dealer £7 odd per 5 litre plus brought the special hose was about £7

and as per other on here here filled me self if you look through the forum

one guy had great idea can't remember who it was stood bottle on his wheelie bin and tip on its side to fill rather than hold

be carfull not to get on your paint work though or if you do wash quick with water
be sure to wear gloves as the die is hard to get off ya hands

there is a lot cheaper out there and come with a silly plastic filler that often splits

others have used the pump at a lorry filling station but you often need a fuel card account for this

hope its helps

M

It may have been me...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/46a6fb590b1c66bfe28055f72f0a2db5.jpg

Had the Q topped up for free this week at the dealers whilst it was in for other stuff.

However had to buy some for wife's car and it's now £15 for 10L

srbsq7
28-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Yep, I followed your advice but didn't bother investing in the quality hose (reminder - will order now!).

Here's the top of my bin after cheap hose that came with it leaked a bit.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/782c0d039ba3247c15adc005c31a86a4.jpg

amacuk
31-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone, not been around for a while, but re-visiting due to my order placed for the Q7, due to be built early March. Happy to help in any way I can. Cheers.

ragebe
31-01-2017, 02:51 PM
It may have been me...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/46a6fb590b1c66bfe28055f72f0a2db5.jpg

Had the Q topped up for free this week at the dealers whilst it was in for other stuff.

However had to buy some for wife's car and it's now £15 for 10L
Was £9 something in Tesco Blandford on Saturday. £10 in Morrisons Totton yesterday. Both 10 litres.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/carlube-adblue-10ltr-for-11-morrisons-petrol-stations-2473279

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk