PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant Sport

firebelly
26-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I have my new A4 and this is my first Audi. Nice car, I like a lot of it, but there are a few areas of concern. Any suggestions welcome.

Seats: I had to go for a stock option, I thought I was making a compromise with cloth but lumbar support too? I took it as a granted that most car seats had this, now my back is feeling this. Can something be retro fitted?

Parking Sensors: Seriously Audi, in a car featuring so much technology the best you can do is a beep? And btw, the beep only goes solid when you are about 6" away from something solid. A tad sharp. Can I atleast VDCS a display?

Old school cruise control also annoys me but other than these things I'm happy with it. But, coming from a 2012 Skoda Superb that was only mid-spec but did somethings a bit better than its newer, ultra modernist cousin is a bit disappointing also.

Lastly, has anyone had their seats re-apholstered in an Audi? I miss leather, can the Audi leather upholstery be ordered and retro fitted?

ILikeJam
27-06-2016, 11:21 AM
If you're genuinely serious about all those mods I'd suggest swapping the entire car would probably be cheaper.

I actually prefer cloth interiors to leather, but I do agree that the non-visual parking sensors seem ludicrously out of date on this car. Even just a 3-bar indicator in the instrument cluster would suffice.

firebelly
27-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Apparently we may be able to VCDS this option and has already been done in the A3 (mid 2015 model).

Hopefully a lumbar support can be retrofitted. I've had this done with a new car before, an Alfa Romeo that shipped with left hand drive front seats.