PDA

View Full Version : MMI Define Primary User

rob_ldn
23-06-2016, 11:47 AM
One more question for my Q7...

I am being told by the myAudi portal that I need to become the primary user for my car, it says:

"You must enter your myAudi user name and the vehicle code in the MMI to become the primary user for your vehicle. The code provides proof of ownership and enables the use of vehicle safety services.

You can find the vehicle code under an opaque security laminate on the key chain you received with your keys at vehicle handover. You can scratch off the laminate using a hard object and input the 10-digit vehicle code, together with your myAudi user name, in the MMI under “Audi connect > Audi connect User Management > Primary User > Define Primary User"

I have got the code from the scratch off bit, but cannot get to a menu that says "Audi connect User Management > Primary User >".

Any ideas how to get to this menu? I can get to a menu allowing me to log in, but nothing about a primary user, and if I use my email address and the code from the scratch off panel it does not work, if i use my total password it does, but then I guess I am not a 'primary user'.

This is not very simple...

satyp
23-06-2016, 11:53 AM
When you logged into myaudi abd2 added your vehicle via the VIN after you added your car are there any bits that require you to agree to certain terms within the portal.. I'm currently getting it but didn't accept it as i haven't received the car.. Still stuck in transit

My thinking is it could be assiciated with remote features introduced with MY17 but I'm betting I could be wrong

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

satyp
23-06-2016, 11:54 AM
apparently only Audi and the owner have access to it.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Skippy73
23-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Not relevant for UK market I believe as we set this up through entering your VIN on the myaudi website

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JMB7
23-06-2016, 02:30 PM
That menu is missing from current UK specification cars so features such as remote unlock, heating etc aren't available through the app. I imagine the MY17 cars will have it enabled. Even following all the steps online with the mtan code and agreement.
Maybe Audi will enable it for all but I doubt it.

maxwide
09-10-2016, 09:22 PM
So I have just taken delivery of a A4 Avant s line with Technology Pack etc. Same problem as rob_idn, cannot get to that part of the MMI and believe me I have tried very hard, will quivery not with the dealer but the MMI connect app is very hobbled compared to the demo mode which allowed all the vehicle control functionality. I cannot see what Audi would go to all the bother of putting this in the manual and sending me instruction emails if they weren't going to enable the functionality.

P13TR0
10-10-2016, 09:35 AM
This is all very convoluted, but here are the exact steps I went through:

1) Register MyAudi Account
2) Add vehicle using VIN and generate 8 digit code
3) Authorise account on MyAudi website by going to connect services>audi connect user management> completing the 5 step process and entering the mTAN authorisation code.
4) In the MMI - Connect>right click to get sub menu>login> alternative login using PIN> enter 8 digit code.
5) In the MMI - Connect>right click to get sub menu>manage key user(cannot remember exactly what this is called, but it is the last option in this context menu)> enter MyAudi user name and 10 digit code from scratch-off keyfob.

If at any time you get a message saying that the login details are incorrect or that the MyAudi account is not verified and you have followed the above steps, you will need to ring Audi UK and ask them to have the German support team delete all MyAudi account data associated with your car from the server. You will then have to restart the process above including registering for MyAudi.

maxwide
10-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks for replying

I am fine up until step 4. In the MMI there is no such thing as Manage Key user, just doesn't give me the option. Can you check if you've got in and tell me what its labelled in the MMI and give me the full thread.

Given you've got in does this now give you Vehicle Control in the MMI Connect App?

Thanks

Max

P13TR0
10-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks for replying

I am fine up until step 4. In the MMI there is no such thing as Manage Key user, just doesn't give me the option. Can you check if you've got in and tell me what its labelled in the MMI and give me the full thread.

Given you've got in does this now give you Vehicle Control in the MMI Connect App?

Thanks

Max

Yes, I now have full control in the Connect App. It's my wife's car, so I will have a look in the MMI menu when I can and report back.

maxwide
11-10-2016, 12:36 PM
This is what I am seeing if I go to the MMI and right click31727

P13TR0
11-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to go and check, but from memory and looking at your picture, you are missing the option - it should be the last one in that list.

maxwide
11-10-2016, 03:38 PM
if you do get the chance and can tell me what is says then that should help my conversation with Audi. Others have speculated that this is a UK availability issue but I guess your experience suggests it is not.

DrSteve
25-02-2017, 12:32 PM
I realise that this is an old thread but I came across it while trying to set up the remote app stuff on my new Q7. In case it's of any interest the remote lock etc works on the MY17 Q7. I must say it's a complete PITA to set up though. I can see all the car data such as fuel remaining, miles covered, range, oil level etc from my laptop. As I said this may well have been discussed recently.