PDA

View Full Version : Q7 4M center console cover replacement

kusiedem
21-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi, I would like to replace the centre console cover in my 2016 Q7 (4M). It is covered with brushed aluminium - very soft and already pretty badly scratched.
Can somebody please send me the step by step instructions or some schematics/pictures/videos? I would hate to break something...
Looks like there will be a number of electronic components that I will have to disconnect: MMI etc. Will I have to connect the car to the VAG tool after the swap?
Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Here's the part I am referring to (not the actual one, for illustration only):

anemeth
21-06-2016, 03:37 PM
If this is what you would like to replace, looks to me there is no ECU inside, thus no VAG tool need it (I think, but maybe more knowlegable person will come along). I would disconnect the battery first and when everything is back, reconnect the battery.

Also if nobody has any step by step instruction, you can go to Audi erwin and you can download the step by step guide (for a fee). But hopefully someboby will help you with it.

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 03:50 PM
No Vag required. ECU is in the engine bay

Disconnect battery (check manual first) and either use erWin to get the PDFs or I'll see if I can find them.

Seems pretty straight forward if you have the right tools. Make sure you have a set of plastic "pry" tools and dont use flat bladed screwdrivers!

kusiedem
21-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Thank you very much. I would really appreciate the PDF if you can find it.

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Sure... im looking now..

One condition though... show us some pics of the car! :)

kusiedem
21-06-2016, 04:29 PM
With pleasure (going to the south of France next week, gonna make a nice backdrop ;)).

Fear Bainne
21-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Off topic, but as you intend travelling thro. France if using your ACC you should find that the GPS combined with sign recognition will mange your speed on roads i.e. 130 km reducing to 110 km in the rain and when rain stops it auto resumes. If you have HUD you will get a rain cloud to indicate. This also works on 90 km routes. I live in France and have a Q7 Avus Edition, not available in UK but in short it is an SE with everything on it including the Comfort seats.

Fear Bainne
21-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Forgot to wish you Bon voyage and watch out on the French roundabouts.

kusiedem
22-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks! Love these roundabouts, they bring some excitement because nobody seems to care to use the turn indicators. But after 20 years in France they kind of became second nature.

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 09:02 AM
:mad: dont get my started on people who dont use indicators...

p.s. working on your pdf still. hope to have it today

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Here you go mate

Link (https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag0nrdg-XWqwgYocm_IVinPyTkn3qg)

Click download in the top left and there should be 2 PDF's zipped up.

Andy

kusiedem
23-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.
I will post the pictures as soon as I have some decent ones.