PDA

View Full Version : Q7 4M Software Update

maxw
21-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Hi Q7 owners

good news just taken my car in today to Audi and been told there is a new software update

wont know what vershion it is till I get the car back or what fixes or changes take place

the only thing I know at the moment is the

Train times
Airport times
fuel prices
etc

have been updated so watch this space

M

srbsq7
21-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Hi Q7 owners

good news just taken my car in today to Audi and been told there is a new software update

wont know what vershion it is till I get the car back or what fixes or changes take place

the only thing I know at the moment is the

Train times
Airport times
fuel prices
etc

have been updated so watch this space

M

Thanks for letting us know. Mine is going in on Thursday so will speak to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can get it added.

Big_D_80
21-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Is there anyway of checking if there are any software updates/recalls available without having to contact Audi? and what exactly the software update will do?

Apparently mine needs to be updated for something to do with a "software gateway" - no idea what this means but it's gonna take at least 2 and a half hours!?!?

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Not easily unfortunately, really by only getting on side with your Service Department can you find out what is going on behind the scenes

I've emailed my dealer too to double check

The CAN Gateway is the main communication bus that links all the modules in the car together.

Big_D_80
21-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Not easily unfortunately, really by only getting on side with your Service Department can you find out what is going on behind the scenes

I've emailed my dealer too to double check

The CAN Gateway is the main communication bus that links all the modules in the car together.

Thanks Andy... intriguing...

maxw
21-06-2016, 02:44 PM
I didn't know nothing about it till I walked in this morning and the service guy said

mind you I'm having prob with the Audi connect every few weeks I go to get into the car start up and the SIM card does not show on the screen
phone does but no SIM card you can take it out try to reconnect it do a search play with setting but nothing

without touching anything if you go into settings and do a factory reset on only the Audi connect system reboots and all back to normal again
so guessing there going to try and fix this with an update hence why they told me right away about update

i said about trains and airport times and guy said this is on the list of updates

will try and get service guy to copy the list of updates so I can post

M

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Hey Max, thanks for info

If you could get a list of updates in the "update" that would be very useful

I'm in a very frustrating back and forth email battle with Audi Customer Services about the train times fiasco amongst others so would be good to see if anything is fixed here

Andy

t1sh
21-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Or it might be issue with Pasenger Airbag! Meaning it is turned on even though nobody sits there. Of there is passenger however it does not lit up!!!

JMB7
21-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Had my car a week and a few times the data sim has stopped being recognised, first time popping it in and out fixed it but the last time it only started showing again the next day. Will definitely be on to dealer to get this update if possible. Original 4m Q7 never did this.
Cheers

satyp
21-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Appx 10 days to go for here..

So can update here with regards to software versions..

I guess MMI software versions is one starting point.. But short of asking Audi...Does checking the other embedded system software *vetsions require investment in some of OBD Device..?

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 10:55 PM
ODB devices will show you software versions of the modules dotted around the car, but not for the MMI

I've just found a hidden engineering menu in the MMI and I'll add it to Coding thread. It has a load of software versions etc in there. Not sure what else it does yet! :)

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 10:15 AM
My dealer has just confirmed there is a software update for my car. trying to figure out what the update contains...

maxw
22-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Was hopping to give you guys an update but cars been sent to a body shop now
not sure how car got through Audi factory quality control Audi uk control and dealer control sales and pdi as least the rear off side door and front near side door the panel lines don't match one by least 3mm
so won't see the car till poss fri now

for many years now I've always wanted an A6 always loved the car
but due to health got the Q7

just by chance when the Q7 went in I've got a lone A6 although lovely car with all the toys inc air suspension it feels rubbish compared to the Q7 I never thought I'd say that don't feel I'm knocking the A6 by any means just ride seating etc so much better on the Q7 plus the A6 dash looks a bit outdated compared to the newer disign dash in the Q7 and A4 etc

be glad to get the Q7 back missing it big time

Will keep you updated on the new software

M

maxw
22-06-2016, 03:23 PM
T
Had my car a week and a few times the data sim has stopped being recognised, first time popping it in and out fixed it but the last time it only started showing again the next day. Will definitely be on to dealer to get this update if possible. Original 4m Q7 never did this.
Cheers

hi JMB

Im glad I'm not the only one was going mad with this

next time it happens just go into settings and factory reset and just reset the Audi connect nothing else see if it then works again

bad news on that front Audi just told me they can find a fault with the Audi connect sim hmmmm unless the software update fixes this

it happen to me twice in the first 2 weeks then happen again fri just gone but was a month since it last happen
last as I'm not the only one they may listen more

thanks for letting me know

M

srbsq7
22-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Just spoke to the dealer about any software updates as mine is in tomorrow and he said nothing is showing up but will double check tomorrow. I am on Software version 0442 with media driver ending 095PROD-1.

Andy / Max - are you on the same?

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Just spoke to the dealer about any software updates as mine is in tomorrow and he said nothing is showing up but will double check tomorrow. I am on Software version 0442 with media driver ending 095PROD-1.

No mate, diff. I'm on 0358 and Media 092PROD

maxw
22-06-2016, 04:30 PM

Im def on software 0442
but think I'm on driver 095PROD-1

this was befor car went in mind

so there def is an update for yours also

build was late feb-March del date to me was March 31 2016

Bathurst
22-06-2016, 05:01 PM
I took delivery of my car 4 days ago and I am also on Software version 0442 with media driver ending 095PROD-1

Big_D_80
22-06-2016, 05:37 PM
I think 442 is original software version for cars with virtual cockpit and 358 for analogue dash. Both technically at the same starting software level. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 08:14 PM
I think 442 is original software version for cars with virtual cockpit and 358 for analogue dash. Both technically at the same starting software level. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Dont think so mate. I have Virtual Cockpit (got whole Tech Pack) and I'm on 0358

Nemo78
22-06-2016, 08:58 PM
The update could be relation to PreSense as that was imminent I was told last week..

With regards data sim...my original car did this - frustrating as heck and seemed to start after the January software update. Some days it's was absolutely fine and others just kept dropping

t1sh
22-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Does the passenger airbag light lits up when it is off/on?
I keep getting a message that it is on although nobody sits there! :) unless there is a gremlin or something.

Also I had issues with right side mirror not able to adjust it! Restart if the engine "fixed" the bloody thing

maxw
22-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Seems like a few of us have one bug or another

some times my keyless entry don't unlock the car you grab the handle nothing keep grabbing nothing
the only way to unlock is press the key fob

only happens some times

M

t1sh
22-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Seems like a few of us have one bug or another

some times my keyless entry don't unlock the car you grab the handle nothing keep grabbing nothing
the only way to unlock is press the key fob

only happens some times

M

maxm,

Same happened to me today. Tried all door handles and nothing. Then checked my nails and tried again still nothing.
Thankfully the unlock button saved the day!

srbsq7
22-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Mine does this occasionally but so did the BMW before. Perhaps need to moisturise more often?

Nemo78
22-06-2016, 11:10 PM
When it works...the Q7 is an unbeatable car...just a shame it's littered with so many issues, some tiny some not so tiny and very hit and miss.

satyp
23-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Was just wondering if any software related faults as are being discussed here are covered as part of the FREE AUDI DIAGNOSTIC checks within the Audi Warranty itself,

I ready somewhere you get ONE? free warranty related diagnostic check PER YEAR if it is part of a warranty issue. couldn't find much on the owner's area on the Audi Web site. Had read somewhere it's one free warranty check per year which doesn't make sense either.. ?

maxw
23-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Well guys
rather peed off
just picked me car up service guy said updates been done
all updates are mainly to do with train times airport destination etc
there is a map update but got an email today saying about updates
also said Audi connect lock your car sos and emergency call

but and big But

software vershion and all codes etc are the same so can't see there been any updates

so can see there been any update surly the software vershion wouldn't be the same?
i question the service guy and he said the update went through and he got the paperwork to prove this
then he said unless you already had the latest software hmmmm

i checked the train times at my local Ipswich station and the times seem to be an hour ahead so can't see a fix

will check tomorrow I did do a map update though

im on Apple iPhone and not got any app update yet was hopping to try the lock door as ment to be added but don't think it will work

hope other ppl can update if there software number changes

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Strange... My dealer has told me there is an update for my car too. Yours though doesn't look any different.

I got a general marketing email about map updates and there is a 2017 map update available. Pic in this post. I haven't done it yet though.

If train times aren't fixed then I'm not convinced they did the update.

Go to another dealer and get them to do it.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160623/35584a946a2c685fbd863be77aca6e0c.jpg

srbsq7
23-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Mine went in today to fix the microphone (they didn't fix it :zx11:) and they said no update for mine on 0442. Will check again when it goes back...

satyp
23-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Well guys
rather peed off
just picked me car up service guy said updates been done
all updates are mainly to do with train times airport destination etc
there is a map update but got an email today saying about updates
also said Audi connect lock your car sos and emergency call

but and big But

software vershion and all codes etc are the same so can't see there been any updates

so can see there been any update surly the software vershion wouldn't be the same?
i question the service guy and he said the update went through and he got the paperwork to prove this
then he said unless you already had the latest software hmmmm

i checked the train times at my local Ipswich station and the times seem to be an hour ahead so can't see a fix

will check tomorrow I did do a map update though

im on Apple iPhone and not got any app update yet was hopping to try the lock door as ment to be added but don't think it will work

hope other ppl can update if there software number changes

I was just going to ask is Audi actually sent you emails about the update or is it just the local dealer...?

I really hoped Audi owners can register with Audi directly somewhere to get ALL alerts UK SPECIFIC SOFTWARE LEVELS & UPCOMING updates and release cycles to their vehicles somehow, instead of just map updates.. Seems like such an ASK just to get straightforward updates

Big_D_80
23-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I was just going to ask is Audi actually sent you emails about the update or is it just the local dealer...?

I really hoped Audi owners can register with Audi directly somewhere to get ALL alerts UK SPECIFIC SOFTWARE LEVELS & UPCOMING updates and release cycles to their vehicles somehow, instead of just map updates.. Seems like such an ASK just to get straightforward updates

Yeah I wondered this too. Where do I sign up for the alerts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

satyp
23-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Mine went in today to fix the microphone (they didn't fix it :zx11:) and they said no update for mine on 0442. Will check again when it goes back...
Hope they get it fixed eventually !?.. Do they know the reason or just going to swap it out or something

srbsq7
23-06-2016, 09:45 PM
They didn't actually do anything. I said the problem was voice control but they did a mobile call test and said it sounded fine. The sales guy i dealt with actually brought it back to the house and he sat in with me to do some tests. We couldn't get a single voice command to work and on a call he could barely hear me. Annoying that it's a second visit but at least he knows the exact issue and has seen it first hand. Annoying but still love the car :biglaugh:

satyp
23-06-2016, 09:54 PM
They didn't actually do anything. I said the problem was voice control but they did a mobile call test and said it sounded fine. The sales guy i dealt with actually brought it back to the house and he sat in with me to do some tests. We couldn't get a single voice command to work and on a call he could barely hear me. Annoying that it's a second visit but at least he knows the exact issue and has seen it first hand. Annoying but still love the car :biglaugh:
Nice work on getting the sales person out with..

My experience has been once they've sold, pdi`d car and you've signed that experience form.. It's sayonara... [emoji3]

srbsq7
23-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Nice work on getting the sales person out with..

My experience has been once they've sold, pdi`d car and you've signed that experience form.. It's sayonara... [emoji3]

Didn't request it, he put himself forward. [emoji106]

maxw
23-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Hi all

am I the only person who got a map update email from Audi uk?

it was nothing to do with the dealership

infact I thought as dealer done the update the map update was done too

by no I updated this evening and the navigation dater base vershion has change now so clearly no change at dealership so why they done an update God knows as if they had checked they would of seen I had the latest software as it seems unless it change without codes change but don't think so

ok latest screen shot with map update done

As as you can clearly see version number is now 0153 2016/2017

hope this helps

M

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 11:13 PM
I got the generic email from audi today about map updates. I just deleted it.

I'll update mine tomorrow. Pic of update size on MMI in my post above.

maxw
23-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Strange... My dealer has told me there is an update for my car too. Yours though doesn't look any different.

I got a general marketing email about map updates and there is a 2017 map update available. Pic in this post. I haven't done it yet though.

If train times aren't fixed then I'm not convinced they did the update.

Go to another dealer and get them to do it.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160623/35584a946a2c685fbd863be77aca6e0c.jpg

Andy was train times an hour ahead or behind

when I checked the time was 4pm and latest train to arrive was 17.05 there was nothing befor that and I'm purity sure there would of been a train arrive befor an hour and 5 mins so clearly wrong

M

maxw
23-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Sorry Andy only just see it

What dealership does your car and updates Andy? Bury? Cambs?

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Max. Yes same issue. One hour ahead train times. Audi UK have acknowledged the glitch but did not provide me with an eta when it would be fixed. It's why I'm surprised this update that apparently exists for our cars has thay fix in.

Mine is a little dealer in West Sussex.

srbsq7
24-06-2016, 12:00 AM
I got the generic email today too.

Train time issue is that if you look at 4pm, it won't show any times for arrivals or departures for +1 hour. You see the same behaviour if you open a web browser and point it at d bahn directoy.

maxw
24-06-2016, 01:03 AM
The thing that bugs me and makes me wonder the update didn't work is the service guy said
when you read out the list of changes was
airport times
train times etc

plus saying about lock unlock on Audi MMI connect
then you said there was an app update so wondering if it was to do with this?

yet nothing change for me so will have to wait to see what you guys come back with and vershion codes

M

Big_D_80
01-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Anybody else had the update yet?

Nemo78
01-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Not yet but my car will have it while they have it currently..guessing I may if all goes to plan get mine back sometime next week - hope so anyway as its been awol for nearly 4wks now.

Was mentioned yesterday that there were various updates required one of which was Presense

andyhud007
01-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Update on my side. My dealer managed to get a screenshot from the Service Team on the update for my car. It doesnt say what software version/level, but it does show what it fixes... at least, this is what is available for my vehicle. It may (I guess) not be the same for everyone?

Attached below.

srbsq7
01-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Update on my side. My dealer managed to get a screenshot from the Service Team on the update for my car. It doesnt say what software version/level, but it does show what it fixes... at least, this is what is available for my vehicle. It may (I guess) not be the same for everyone?

Attached below.

Interesting - can you close the windows using the key? Assuming that is what it means. I can already on 0442. Dealer still adamant no updates for my car given its a May build.

maxw
01-07-2016, 02:03 PM

Attached below.

Andy

must be another update then as non of them was on the list when mine went in

had Audi uk phone in the week twice looking into the update I had and what was done
as they said train times should be fixed so playing a waiting game now
be good to see what software version yours come back with

M

andyhud007
01-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Agreed, there could be specific updates this time and specific to our different cars/VINs... who knows...

My windows close fine (and pano roof) by holding down the key or keeping finger on button on handle of any door already... so no idea..

Just wanted to share what dealer sent me.. for what its worth.

Big_D_80
01-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Agreed, there could be specific updates this time and specific to our different cars/VINs... who knows...

My windows close fine (and pano roof) by holding down the key or keeping finger on button on handle of any door already... so no idea..

Just wanted to share what dealer sent me.. for what its worth.

Thanks for the info. I think this is what mine is having done next month. Doesn't look very exciting though.

Nemo78
06-07-2016, 06:51 PM
I've had a software update done and it's for Presense which also fixes some predictive efficiency stuff as well

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Has your versions changed in the MMI Nemo?

Nemo78
06-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Has your versions changed in the MMI Nemo?

I shall confirm tomorrow when the beast returns

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Woo!!!!!

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Still shows as V422

maxw
07-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Still shows as V422

Has as your train times changed and corrected?

only spoke to Audi uk yesterday but not getting anywhere at moment

M

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 02:32 PM

M

Funny, Audi UK Exec just called me 5 mins ago about the Java issue. I asked about train times and didn't really get an answer - new system, working through bugs etc

andyhud007
07-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Java issue??

maxw
07-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Funny, Audi UK Exec just called me 5 mins ago about the Java issue. I asked about train times and didn't really get an answer - new system, working through bugs etc

Did you have bugs with your car then?

my door keyless entry is still not working odd times and my SIM card Audi connect vanish some times

and strange why they say train times should be fixed yet no one has an answer why still an hour out

M

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Java issue??

Couldn't download speedcam POI file on PC to do the zoom level hack. Not the car!

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Did you have bugs with your car then?

my door keyless entry is still not working odd times and my SIM card Audi connect vanish some times

and strange why they say train times should be fixed yet no one has an answer why still an hour out

M

No, mine has been fine but have seen post in the past couple of weeks. I just had a duff microphone that's now fixed.

Train times still broke. I think the issue is with DB Bahn who provide the info as you get the same behaviour on the web. Audi could probably code around it or ask them to fix

ragebe
07-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Couldn't download speedcam POI file on PC to do the zoom level hack. Not the car!
Has anybody got VCDS to work with 4M yet? Would've thought that was required for POI updates of speedcam?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 07:28 PM
No, skippy and Andy documented a solution using Special Points of Interest using the Myaudi site. Need SD card if you want to change the zoom level that the icons are visible at.

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 08:11 PM
This is the start of the how-to on getting it working.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175675-Import-Speed-camera-locations-new-Q7/page4 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175675-Import-Speed-camera-locations-new-Q7/page4)

andyhud007
07-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Lol. Sorry mate. You had me worried for a second. Haha

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Lol. Sorry mate. You had me worried for a second. Haha

Yeah, probably only a few years away from having to buy a bitcoin to pay some dodgy hacker to decrypt your MMI!

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM

M

I'll check tomorrow for you...remind me exactly what I am looking for?

andyhud007
07-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Fire up train times in Audi Connect. Pick a UK train station and choose departures for example. You'll see the times listed for "next trains" are at least 1 hour ahead.... when despite how bad our trains are, there should be on in the next few minutes..

Basically the data its pulling from the website is from Central Europe and the clock is one hour head of GMT.

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 11:00 PM
When you click on the link via the web you can see the same behaviour. Go to this link and choose the first option for train times and it does the same thing. Warning: Service temporarily unavailable (https://mobile.bahn.de/)

maxw
09-07-2016, 02:54 AM
UPDATE

this is only what I've been told so not sure if this is right so no shooting me if I'm wrong please lol

was told that the current Audi dealership software available to them is version 0358

so there for all of us running later version Ie 0442 running there update will not change anything as detects a newer version is present
so didn't know the version they had received so to them it was a new update

so they ran the update and all went through and all working ok
what they didn't know is there new update was older than the one I already had so there for they thought all was done but nothing was changed

so looks like the uk dealers are way behind what they have in the factory hmmm

so at the end of the email was just said will have to wait until a newer version comes available

so what I can make out is if you have anything older than 0358 then the changes will take affect and you will have updated train times flight times etc and also remote locking doors via app as thease was on the update list
but having a newer version the update computor at Audi noted new version present so didn't upload the changes

so kind of makes sense but no help to us and a strange thing for Audi to do and as noted yesterday we know the newer 2017 cars have now got

software version 0678

at this rate will be next year till we see that lol

hope this helps and makes sense ?

the above might be different to other dealers who knows but Audi uk would not confirm the current software version

M

andyhud007
09-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Mate.. Not 100% that makes sense but I'm in 0358. What I've learnt is just because a newer version exists on someone else's car doesn't mean that update is available for your car.

Software updates are Vin specific as the build could be different.

Ring a few random dealers and give them your reg / Vin and see if they can see an update for your car. That's what I do.

Mine has a supposed update but apparently it doesn't increment the software number from 0358 in the MMI.

Go figure.

maxw
09-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Mate.. Not 100% that makes sense but I'm in 0358. What I've learnt is just because a newer version exists on someone else's car doesn't mean that update is available for your car.

Ring a few random dealers and give them your reg / Vin and see if they can see an update for your car. That's what I do.

Mine has a supposed update but apparently it doesn't increment the software number from 0358 in the MMI.

Go figure.

I only really know what I was told not knowing enough on this but thanks Andy worth a few calls thank you

satyp
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM

Go figure.
Would all dealers then charge for these updates if they are not safety related for example, regardless geographic location or local?..

andyhud007
09-07-2016, 07:10 PM
If they are safety related then the theory is they should call you but the reality is it doesn't happen. I had a bug in the sat nav on my A5 that meant while going round a roundabout it would tell you turn off at the wrong time. When I went to dealer for general check up they said there was a fix for it and said all cars should have it applied but they only did it for people who asked... Again, go figure.

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Guys has anyone had the PreSense update and what difference if any have you noticed?

Also max (I think) the trains times are exactly one hour ahead still

srbsq7
10-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Guys has anyone had the PreSense update and what difference if any have you noticed?

I'd be surprised if the train time fix needs an update to the car given the content in that Audi Connect area appears to be dynamic / on-line e.g the Euro 2016 menu that popped up just before the tournament.

I haven't had any presense issues yet but did have to about the traffic jam assist yesterday. Was going along nicely and then just like in the Audi demo video, traffic was having to pull out slightly to avoid broken down van half in the lane. I let it go for a while but I'm not sure it was going to avoid it so had to intervene!

satyp
13-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Just posting current software version on new delivery ..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/35f474b041de1c1c4f8337199943fcb6.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/b9a67f4414824c52b9a4702f73aed330.jpg

satyp
13-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Quite a few bits I can't readily to yet..

Such as
- AA google direction in small screen and Audi maps on VC

- toggling while in AA

- reversing mirrors

and much more ..

But haven't had time to really play with lots more to check still.. Gosh so time consuming

maxw
13-07-2016, 06:32 PM

On the list of updates when my car went in a pre spence fix was on the list
but I can't see my car had the current updat as my version was newer so didn't upload

thing what makes me laugh is all new cars have a much later software version yet dealers don't have that version to upload to our cars
will prob be next year lol by then there be a newer version

when you have an old iPhone and a new iPhone comes out you get the new software for old phones when the new phone is released lol

M

ragebe
13-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Can you not just update the software via Wi-Fi?

andyhud007
13-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Can you not just update the software via Wi-Fi?

I wish! Sadly not... has to come from dealer...

I'm still on 0358.

maxw
13-07-2016, 07:43 PM
I wish! Sadly not... has to come from dealer...

I'm still on 0358.

Its not good enough really is it Andy like you said your on older than me

mind the pre sense is safety surly? After hearing the ore sense done a sudden stop in the road when the motorbike came the other way
i keep thinking about this when I pass a bike in the middle of the road I'd sh...t myself lol plus it must hurt ya neck and chest

M

andyhud007
13-07-2016, 07:48 PM
If the pre-sense is a proper safety "bug" then yes, Dealers should be ringing you to advise of the update.It should be filed under a TPI / TSB (Technical Product Information / Technical Support Bulletin) which your dealer should have access to via their respective Service Dept

The best idea in reality.. is nag. Say there is a bug, ask their Service Dept to check for a TPI/TSB and go from there.

srbsq7
16-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Happened to notice this option in the MMI when fiddling with mirrors. Can't remember who was having issues with closing windows with the key but worth checking
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/f34913f2a83868ad2f6508a0d911eb9c.jpg

andyhud007
16-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Happened to notice this option in the MMI when fiddling with mirrors. Can't remember who was having issues with closing windows with the key but worth checking
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/f34913f2a83868ad2f6508a0d911eb9c.jpg]

Yup, thats the one to long hold press the lock button on the fob to carry out total closure (shut all windows and pan roof if you have it).

You can also hold down unlock button on fob to open all windows.

If you have advanced key you can shut all windows and pan roof (again if you have it) by holding finger on little square indent on any of the 4 door handles when you lock the car.

A.

satyp
18-07-2016, 03:14 PM
the car has finally been dropped to the detailer until the weekend now [emoji30] .. Was about to cancel the detailing too

So just got the 1st lingering hiccup with the car..

Had tried shut all Windows and open all Windows with the keydfob when we were picking up the car as the last Q7 also had it, ticked the fold mirrors later that night..all worked up until Sunday eve when the app said the drivers side window is open..so went to car played around a bit more and made sure the window was shut and thought nothing of it..

Checked the app before going to detailers a little earlier and says window is still open.

Checked the car and observed as below:-

1. Long press on all Windows except driver side auto opens and shuts them.

2. Long press on open and lock buttons No Longer opens and shuts the Windows.

Joy o joy.. And car is w:ith detailer rest of the week

satyp
18-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Got some of those MMI picture Andy.. Will pm later this eve uf you still need..

srbsq7
18-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Not sure about the app, but could #2 be down to using the other key and the MMI screenshot i posted being set per key?

satyp
18-07-2016, 03:46 PM
#2 on another post? No mmi picture on this one?.. ☝

satyp
18-07-2016, 03:48 PM
@Andy had already posted MMI software levels on this thread at #77 [emoji106]

Nemo78
18-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Guys having had the Presense update I'm categorically hating it. It's on par with my Qv1.

Qv2 pre update was very good but since update its pinging up left, right and centre and on the weekend the car suddenly brakes...nothing around it all!

Crazy update seems to have gone backwards for me

satyp
18-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Missed delivery of the odb device so can't check for any errors if it is at all possible..

Still says window open lol..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/44bb107004cff16ebb83ee19cb68d836.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/f015db76e488ce56fe51ad8787add784.jpg

satyp
18-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Guys having had the Presense update I'm categorically hating it. It's on par with my Qv1.

Qv2 pre update was very good but since update its pinging up left, right and centre and on the weekend the car suddenly brakes...nothing around it all!

Crazy update seems to have gone backwards for me
Can it be rolled back?...

andyhud007
18-07-2016, 04:58 PM

That is possible yes.

satyp
18-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Not sure about the app, but could #2 be down to using the other key and the MMI screenshot i posted being set per key?
Sorry hadn't quoted..

#2 on another post? No mmi picture on this one?.. ☝

Nemo78
18-07-2016, 07:32 PM

I'm going to speak to them more tomorrow...

nbedford
31-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Hi All, sorry for a newbie question, but I just picked up a used MY16 Q7 yesterday, how do I find out the software version it has? I can't seem to find the System maintenance -> Version Info menu in my mmi.

satyp
31-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Hi All, sorry for a newbie question, but I just picked up a used MY16 Q7 yesterday, how do I find out the software version it has? I can't seem to find the System maintenance -> Version Info menu in my mmi.
Find this menu in Vehicle settings and it should display via those 3 lines in the left..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160731/8ee0089651605b9cd7470dbcfe5c1e76.jpg

Hope it helps

nbedford
01-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Many thanks, I found the menu now. Much as I suspected my car is on 0358 which appears to be the first version for the 4M

maxw
10-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Was talking to Audi uk last week about all my ongoing faults that none have been fixed yet

but while on the phone guy from Audi uk says do you know there is a ESC Brake peddal software update needed for your car
my reply was no

just so happen my car was booked into dealers today so I asked the service guy about this
he smiled and showed me the job sheet and on the top of the job sheet said ESC update

its called a ESC Brake control unit software update

not sure if it's a safety thing or recall as yet or what the update is
but guessing some of you need the update also

nothing flag up on my Audi website

just by chance Audi uk told me

so guessing either ask your local dealer to look up your car to see if this needs doing as should show up on the dealer screen when they
check for updates for your car

M

srbsq7
10-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Hi Max, sorry to hear your no closer to getting the issues fixed. Thanks for the heads up. Mine was in last week and they didn't mention any other work done other than the sunroof fix.

I'll ask the question. Cheers

maxw
11-01-2017, 01:18 AM
I was surprised I must say as not seeing anything anywhere about it
was waiting for dealer to say nope
but they was ahead of me makes a change lo

is sunroof all fixed now?

andyhud007
11-01-2017, 09:21 AM
I have the tpi for this somewhere I'll dig it out.

Nemo78
11-01-2017, 01:01 PM
I think this is what I mentioned on the third row seat fix thread unless it's another one?

Seats got fixed and they'd not sorted the ticking noise so i rebooked it in two days later which had thrown up some brake recall?

ragebe
11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Hmm, as per one of earlier posts in this thread, Poole Audi knew of the recall for the braking issue when I phoned them about the seats and that was in November I think.

ragebe
11-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Hmm, as per one of earlier posts in this thread, Poole Audi knew of the recall for the braking issue when I phoned them about the seats and that was in November I think.

Not this thread but this thread
MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats - Page 12 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1038750)

maxw
11-01-2017, 08:35 PM
As far as I know the ESC software update is nothing to do with the pre sense
as mine has done the same and also aplied the breaks when reversing in a space

this fresh update has appeared between beginning of December and now

service guy wasn't in today when I called and tech guy had gone home at 3.30 so missed him Great

Nemo78
11-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Here you go... 15th Nov I found out about it

MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats

So I went in for the fix earlier this week...guess it's been done haven't checked, however they didn't fix the tick tick tick noise so I'll be back in for that.

However 2 days after the rear seat fix car gets rebooked in for ticking and told there's another recall for the car...

Control Unit for Brakes System

Probably in wrong thread to be fair...

Post 100 of the same thread above

So presume this is what you've been told about Max?

maxw
12-01-2017, 05:47 AM
Yes mate

you could be right without knowing more at the moment
all I know it was the ESC Brake control unit
but the the update is for I don't know but it does sound about right
all I know is when I had the 3rd row seat mod done it was available then

thanks for an update about it

andyhud007
12-01-2017, 06:15 AM
MY17 Q7 recall because of rear 2 seats - Page 12 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1038827)

Lol, I posted about the brake issue in the other thread. See link above

"I'm going to setup a separate campaign thread but the control unit for brakes / abs is under Campaign code 45E7.

Issue below:

"On Audi Q7 vehicles manufactured within a specific period, a software error in the ESC control unit may cause residual pressure in the brake system during a particular operating mode (ACC). The pressure is dissipated when the ignition is switched off.

Remedy:

A software update of the ESC control unit must be carried out on the vehicles affected"

I don't know yet how many cars this affects. Remember not every car is affected by every update audi release.

Hope it helps.

Andy"

srbsq7
12-01-2017, 09:34 PM
I was surprised I must say as not seeing anything anywhere about it
was waiting for dealer to say nope
but they was ahead of me makes a change lo

is sunroof all fixed now?

Not sure mate! It doesn't happen when it's really wet so probably won't known for a few days.

nbedford
06-02-2017, 02:59 PM
My car's just been in for 72F8 and Audi have told me they have also carried out 45E7. I'm a little confused because I thought 45E7 only affected ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control?) which my car doesn't have.

andyhud007
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
My car's just been in for 72F8 and Audi have told me they have also carried out 45E7. I'm a little confused because I thought 45E7 only affected ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control?) which my car doesn't have.

It says ACC can be affected by it, but the fix applies to the ABS unit, not the ACC unit specifically

Andy

nbedford
06-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying Andy

Big_D_80
16-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Looks like we are no up to version 0917 - took this pic of a MY17 car in the dealership yesterday. Anybody know what this version comes with? I noticed on the navigation screen that the chequered flag is now animated. I wonder if thats part of the software update or an actually hardware improvement. Graphics felt snappier than my MY16 model.32935

srbsq7
16-04-2017, 10:07 PM
I remember someone mentioning the animated flag before. Not sure how much change there is in hardware, but I presume it's updated to handle the eSIM and additional remote services that came with MY17.

maxw
16-04-2017, 11:13 PM
I think it was 0678 that first came with the MY17 and had the embedded sim then I guess this year they went to 0917

i guess that the MY18 due may time will then change again
never understand why the dealer never seem to get an update
last time I spoke to my dealer the never software they had was 0358
and when I had a new mmi fitted couple of months ago it still came back with 0442

NEMO if you read this did you ever get your pre sense sorted out?

Nemo78
17-04-2017, 08:15 AM
I think it was 0678 that first came with the MY17 and had the embedded sim then I guess this year they went to 0917

i guess that the MY18 due may time will then change again
never understand why the dealer never seem to get an update
last time I spoke to my dealer the never software they had was 0358
and when I had a new mmi fitted couple of months ago it still came back with 0442

NEMO if you read this did you ever get your pre sense sorted out?

Hey Max,

PreSense still has a mind of its own...jolts the brakes every now and then for what appears to be no apparent reason, rightly or wrongly I've learnt to live with it. However has once I would say reacted correctly for me when the car in front just slammed on his brakes.

The worst however was in the first Q7 where it happened on the M40 with not a car, pedestrian, tree, aeroplane or road cone in sight...

As for getting it sorted, nothing has really happened that I know of unless they applied any updates when they last had the car a few months back for that ticking noise etc.

Thakey17
17-04-2017, 03:59 PM
the car has finally been dropped to the detailer until the weekend now [emoji30] .. Was about to cancel the detailing too

So just got the 1st lingering hiccup with the car..

Had tried shut all Windows and open all Windows with the keydfob when we were picking up the car as the last Q7 also had it, ticked the fold mirrors later that night..all worked up until Sunday eve when the app said the drivers side window is open..so went to car played around a bit more and made sure the window was shut and thought nothing of it..

Checked the app before going to detailers a little earlier and says window is still open.

Checked the car and observed as below:-

1. Long press on all Windows except driver side auto opens and shuts them.

2. Long press on open and lock buttons No Longer opens and shuts the Windows.

Joy o joy.. And car is w:ith detailer rest of the week

Just reading back on this thread and spotted this issue that SATYP had. I'm getting all of these issues and also the app keeps showing the driver's window as down.

SATYP, did you manage to get to the bottom of it?

I'm getting a list of small issues together for the dealer to look into before sending it in.

Any help appreciated.

maxw
17-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Hey Max,

PreSense still has a mind of its own...jolts the brakes every now and then for what appears to be no apparent reason, rightly or wrongly I've learnt to live with it. However has once I would say reacted correctly for me when the car in front just slammed on his brakes.

The worst however was in the first Q7 where it happened on the M40 with not a car, pedestrian, tree, aeroplane or road cone in sight...

As for getting it sorted, nothing has really happened that I know of unless they applied any updates when they last had the car a few months back for that ticking noise etc.

I don't think any of us have had a software version change so surly we are due one soon

ive had the pre sense go off a few times for no reason but not to a full stop when driving

apart from about 4 times reversing in a space the first time it happen it made me nearly s my self
i really thought I'd hit a solid post of some thing and getting out the car thinking the worse
yet nothing there phew

and I was a car length or more away from the little hedge behind in the parking space

was it you or one of the others on here where they was honing round the corner at speed and a motorbike came the other way
and the car applied the full brakes for no real reason?

only yesterday I had the pre sense pop up at speed as car in front prob 5 car lengths away slightly broke to turn right no reason to prime the pre sense although thank god the car didn't brake

Nemo78
17-04-2017, 07:38 PM
I don't think any of us have had a software version change so surly we are due one soon

ive had the pre sense go off a few times for no reason but not to a full stop when driving

apart from about 4 times reversing in a space the first time it happen it made me nearly s my self
i really thought I'd hit a solid post of some thing and getting out the car thinking the worse
yet nothing there phew

and I was a car length or more away from the little hedge behind in the parking space

was it you or one of the others on here where they was honing round the corner at speed and a motorbike came the other way

only yesterday I had the pre sense pop up at speed as car in front prob 5 car lengths away slightly broke to turn right no reason to prime the pre sense although thank god the car didn't brake

Wasn't me but you're right that the reverse one scares the [emoji90]out of you

satyp
18-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Hi Thakey17

I did as you, got small list together at the time as it was a new car,.. but to be honest, any dealer response might as well been non-existent, as it has never been really helpful or specialist in any way, they normally look into and come back with a text book response, 99% of the time.

With regards to the issue, I haven't got that many times again, and its usually been the app just not updating, in my view. Getting back in the car driving as normal and seems to update everything and the app, haven't really don't anything else with the car other check that it is locked and the app says it's not.

Sorry, can't provide a more helpful insight, but the for me the issue just goes away between either re-installing the app if necessary or just checking back in a few days.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

satyp
18-04-2017, 08:13 AM

yet nothing there phew

Had my 1st pre sense red exclamation flash up on the dashboard and windscreen too yesterday.. least I know the thing alive and works..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Thakey17
18-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Hi Thakey17

I did as you, got small list together at the time as it was a new car,.. but to be honest, any dealer response might as well been non-existent, as it has never been really helpful or specialist in any way, they normally look into and come back with a text book response, 99% of the time.

With regards to the issue, I haven't got that many times again, and its usually been the app just not updating, in my view. Getting back in the car driving as normal and seems to update everything and the app, haven't really don't anything else with the car other check that it is locked and the app says it's not.

Sorry, can't provide a more helpful insight, but the for me the issue just goes away between either re-installing the app if necessary or just checking back in a few days.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Thanks satyp. I'll try to reinstall. I'm also getting the same window issues as you with the driver's side long push. I've not had any after sales dealings yet with my dealers so fingers crossed they'll have some idea.