PDA

View Full Version : Fire Red / Tornado Red -- Questions...

dougan
20-06-2016, 10:56 AM
I am considering the purchase of a Variant / Estate. My wife and I live in Spain (neither of us European), and I am quite taken by the Fire Red / Tornado Red color. In Spain, the color is not listed as an option. In Germany it is. However, in Germany one is not able to configure the Fire Red in the R-Line trim.

a: What's the deal?
b: Has anyone successfully ordered / received a Fire Red R-line?
c: Who could I contact about this?

Thank You!

CJJE
20-06-2016, 03:11 PM
The VW distributors in different countries choose which options they want to offer/support in their country, usually by choosing the ones that are more likely to be popular. For instance I'd be surprised if you has the heated seats option in Spain. From looking at the VW Germany website, I see that they offer a far wider range of colours for cars than we get in the UK - perhaps because the high sales figures make it worth their while. If you could order a Fire Red Golf R in Germany then perhaps you could order one from a German dealer - is their a custom paint option in Germany perhaps? But would that affect your warranty? Your other option is to push VW Spain to add the option but that is a pretty remote hope I'd have thought.

Chris