PDA

View Full Version : Q7(4M) Service Plan

Bathurst
20-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

So we just collected our new Q7 yesterday and was wondering if anyone had taken out a service plan for their cars yet?

Our dealer is quoting us £570 for 2 services - 1 year - oil service (10,000m) and 2 year - (not sure what is included yet as part of the service - 20,000m).

This would normally cost £700 if done separately (I know the Q7 has a 2 year service interval but our dealer is recommending this service schedule).

Anybody else got something similar.

T.

satyp
20-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

So we just collected our new Q7 yesterday and what wondering if anyone had taken out a service plan for their cars yet?

Our dealer is quoting us £570 for 2 services - 1 year - oil service (10,000m) and 2 year - (not sure what is included yet as part of the service - 20,000m).

This would normally cost £700 if done separately (I know the Q7 has a 2 year service interval but our dealer is recommending this service schedule).

Anybody else got something similar.

T.

Wow well done and all the best on the new delivery ...

I've been thinking the same .. Also wondering if all this Audi Complete business is all what is cracked up to be..

AFAIK or remember, on all 3 of our previous Audi's NONE of them incurred any charges for checks or top ups in the 1st 2 years or at least until the 1st service as indicated in the ODO/MMI panel...

Here is what we paid on our 1st Q7 (4L) Service.. so unless the make a really make a tempting offer, I'm leaning towards just paying for it when it is due as opposed to any plan or upfront.. For a couple of hundred it doesn't make much sense.. But I'm also think if they give a really gonna deal, then are they actually going to do all they say they will or just the bare minimum..

Anyhow that's my current take on this.. Hope it helps

t1sh
20-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Wow! I thought that Audis in UK come with included service as it is here in Poland. 3 years and/or 90 000km service included! :) This could be extended to add also brake disks and pads plus...forgot what else.

satyp
20-06-2016, 11:33 AM
#Brexit lol

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

satyp
20-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Not sure why all the uk ☝ Europe disparities.. Maybe down law..?

Eg.: Maybe Raw end of the staying in the EU deal.. [emoji6]

andyhud007
20-06-2016, 11:44 AM
#Brexit lol

lol. fact

t1sh
20-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Not sure why all the uk [emoji121] Europe disparities.. Maybe down law..?

Eg.: Maybe Raw end of the staying in the EU deal.. [emoji6]

You might be right! Not sure if they have such a thing in Germany as well.

For example at BMW one can extend warranty to 6 years or 200 000km. Abs service to 10 years and 200 000km! I guess this is marketing trick to get people to buy new cars....not that I mind though

Chris Jerman
20-06-2016, 01:35 PM
If you take out audi finance you get the first two services FOC . I always price alternative finance and usually they will make extra dealer contribution to cover the extra cost of audi interest rates which they can't alter over that of the cheaper independant finance , once the finance is taken out the dealer is happy because they get the commission, you can then after the first installment settle the finance in full , either from your own funds or by taking out the cheaper independent finance while retaining the two free services . Even if you didn't pay off their finance straight away ,the cost of the interest is still no more than the service costs would be

satyp
20-06-2016, 02:57 PM
If you take out audi finance you get the first two services FOC . I always price alternative finance and usually they will make extra dealer contribution to cover the extra cost of audi interest rates which they can't alter over that of the cheaper independant finance , once the finance is taken out the dealer is happy because they get the commission, you can then after the first installment settle the finance in full , either from your own funds or by taking out the cheaper independent finance while retaining the two free services . Even if you didn't pay off their finance straight away ,the cost of the interest is still no more than the service costs would be
That`s very intetesing chris.. That's also something they don't readily tell you.

Is this actually written in the Audi finance agreements or somewhere? So that I can slam it in their face..

Have always gone pcp route and mostly never needed to service on the 1st 2 years.. But they've charged for the service after that everytime..

Good timing you mentioning this somehow too, as this year I`d looked at alternative finance quotes and the only company that I wanted a quotes from said they couldt compete with the Audi campaign rate...go figure ..

One of my to do`s was also to ask Audi what else their campaign rate bundles in.. Will have to remind myself to ask that before I sign when the car finally comes ..

Betting they say it wouldn't include 1st 2 full Services somehow... unless it's written down somewhere ai?

Chris Jerman
20-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Sorry I think I may have miss led you unintentionally. My car was a pre reg and thus the pcp deal I refer to is through approved used which as I now remember from pricing against new has a higher interest rate .As I remember from the new car pcp finance, the interest rate was as good as from an independent company . As the deal on the pre reg was so much better than the new car I never got as far as to look into whether the new car finance came with servicing ,I bet it doesn'the thinking about it and thus the lower interest rate .

Papereyes
22-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Just wondering whether people have gone with the two or one year annual service schedule. Was speaking to dealer and he told me they would normally default to long life service (two years) however I explained I don't do motorway miles and mainly nursery runs less than 7k miles per annum. He was quite surprised I wanted yearly service rather than long life. According to the Audi website I went for the right option. Any views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dghdgh
23-08-2016, 08:29 AM
The questions are how: long are you keeping the car, did you take extended warranty?

Papereyes
23-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Keeping the car for some time A(5yrs +) and got the 2 year extended warranty

dghdgh
23-08-2016, 11:30 AM
I can only speak for myself but my car has around 1.5k miles and I am off to spain in it next month for around 5 weeks. After that I will be going for an oil change, out of franchise but audi filter and recommended oil. so that should be an oil change at 6k. I would have preferred it at around 4K but needs must. If the franchise service is around 450 the offer is a no brainer but audi seems to be taking the mick on their hourly rate.

t1sh
23-08-2016, 03:45 PM
In Poland, most of new cars are coming with free service. Audi has free service for 3 years or 90000km. Same could be extended to 5 years and 200000km.
One could get Plus service which included clutch plus front and rear brake discs and pads( will check the price).

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Just wondering whether people have gone with the two or one year annual service schedule. Was speaking to dealer and he told me they would normally default to long life service (two years) however I explained I don't do motorway miles and mainly nursery runs less than 7k miles per annum. He was quite surprised I wanted yearly service rather than long life. According to the Audi website I went for the right option. Any views?

Website tick sheet's are generally dependent on "static" compiled code and not necessarily factor in up to date data... My thinking would be old school.. the more drive the more oil changes etc, today's car can be unpredictable "methinks" :-0..

Hopefully yearly services should become "mandatory" and advisable on all cars over 5+7k annually in time due quality of parts in years that come..

Jambo82
21-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Guys, thought this is the relevant place to post this. I am arranging collection of my new Q7 s-line and the current service plan offer is: £594 up front or £33 pcm for 18 months.

This buys you 2 services over any timeframe or mileage. I don't do big miles, probably less than 10k per year and was wondering how is the service interval dictated. If my car is to be serviced every 2 years then I may only pay c.£400 for one service and then change after 3 years as I normally do. Or is the service plan a better deal. Can anyone advise ?

Q7westwales
23-10-2016, 07:12 AM
So all of these are way more than me - don't see how it could be different!? I've specified annual service and 9k miles p.a., and paying just less than £11 a month. So I will get 3 oil services for £396 all in. That is the basic service only package, doesn't include maintenance (brakes as needed and gearbox oil change at 40k)

with Bmws it's one clear price - I don't really know why Audi choose to make it so complicated

Jambo82
23-10-2016, 09:50 AM
So all of these are way more than me - don't see how it could be different!? I've specified annual service and 9k miles p.a., and paying just less than £11 a month. So I will get 3 oil services for £396 all in. That is the basic service only package, doesn't include maintenance (brakes as needed and gearbox oil change at 40k)

with Bmws it's one clear price - I don't really know why Audi choose to make it so complicated

Where did you buy the service pack and who did you specify that with ? Cheers

Q7westwales
23-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Supplying dealer - Coulsdon Audi

Jambo82
25-10-2016, 09:32 AM
I presume the offers must change regularly ?