PDA

View Full Version : Why did you buy a Q7?

pitch3110
19-06-2016, 04:35 PM
This is why I did....

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/pitch3110/IMG_0404.jpg (http://s620.photobucket.com/user/pitch3110/media/IMG_0404.jpg.html)

Wifey decided we should start c(GL)amping again after a 13 year break. Nothing on the back seats but boot ram packed tight.

Bit boggy in deepest Suffolk and first time 'offroad' was used this morning to get out of the field......

Skippy73
19-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Ha mate this will be us in 4 week time. We are camping in Cornwall for one week. I'm looking forward to it in the Q7.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andyhud007
19-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Because I wanted one. That was about it. lol

Nemo78
19-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Because I wanted it (didn't need it, could be easily bought an A6 Avant or something similar) but having had one for on/off 8 months and used it as a seven seater, as a huge boot to move things between places I would probably be lost without it....does really beg the question 'what next....'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srbsq7
19-06-2016, 08:19 PM
For me, I love the latest technology so I only looked at cars which had seen a major change since 2015. That really left me with XC90, A4 Avant and Q7.

The Q7 was an outsider until I drove it.

Chris Jerman
19-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Initially because my wife wanted one , I wanted an S4 Avant , but when it came to changing that one I didn't even consider anything else , plus the new q7 isn't that much slower than that 2011 s4 avant would have been back then and handles remarkably given it's size . Our 4 year old daughter has Lissencephaly so we need a big boot to take her push/wheel chair and the high seating makes it far better on your back to lift her in and out . Plus child number 4 is on the way so 7 seats will be essential soon :-) . Until number 4 was on the way I had secretly dreamed of trading it for an RS6 avant , that dream will have to move to the SQ7 now , to be honest I think a couple of weeks of an RS6 and I would be wanting my q7 back anyway as you just get too used to the comfort and high driving position of the q7 , every time it goes into Audi , either this new one or the old 4L one neither my wife or I could wait to give the courtesy back and get back into the Q

elrao
20-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Initially because my wife wanted one , I wanted an S4 Avant , but when it came to changing that one I didn't even consider anything else , plus the new q7 isn't that much slower than that 2011 s4 avant would have been back then and handles remarkably given it's size .

Having owned an S4 Avant until recently (was stolen), it is a whole different ball game to the Q7! S4 is far sportier, quicker throttle response and you can really feel the difference in the low revs pulling away and the longer gears. Q7 is far smoother and quieter.

We bought our Q7 due to baby #3, one of the few cars with 3 isofix points in the back seat meaning we can safely fit all three children in there. Tried RR, RR Sport, Q7 4L, Merc ML, Merc GL etc. and they all had the same problem. With car seats fitted to the isofix points in the outer two seats, we couldn't fit in a full size booster in the middle. Only other car we tried that could was the defender. Didn't try the XC90 due to the measly 2.0 engines.

Had any of the others fitted 3 car seats it could have been a different story, am sure the new defender would have been a contender for us if it had been available at the time!

JMB7
20-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Similar to the above answer. We had one daughter already and twins on the way. Fitting 3 car seats in the rear and having enough boot space for all the accompanying bits. Doubt they will get used but isofix on the rear 2 seats when there up was also a big plus.
....and i loved all the technology! :)

pitch3110
20-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Ha mate this will be us in 4 week time. We are camping in Cornwall for one week. I'm looking forward to it in the Q7.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good luck Skip, we were only a few miles down the road.

pitch3110
20-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Initially because my wife wanted one , I wanted an S4 Avant , but when it came to changing that one I didn't even consider anything else , plus the new q7 isn't that much slower than that 2011 s4 avant would have been back then and handles remarkably given it's size . Our 4 year old daughter has Lissencephaly so we need a big boot to take her push/wheel chair and the high seating makes it far better on your back to lift her in and out . Plus child number 4 is on the way so 7 seats will be essential soon :-) . Until number 4 was on the way I had secretly dreamed of trading it for an RS6 avant , that dream will have to move to the SQ7 now , to be honest I think a couple of weeks of an RS6 and I would be wanting my q7 back anyway as you just get too used to the comfort and high driving position of the q7 , every time it goes into Audi , either this new one or the old 4L one neither my wife or I could wait to give the courtesy back and get back into the Q

Now I considered and started to spec an RS6 prior to the Q7 but thankfully the nuts PCH deal put the lid on that particular box.

I am guessing you can manage with one of the third row down for no4 to keep boot space for your daughters push/wheel chair

pitch

Chris Jerman
20-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Now I considered and started to spec an RS6 prior to the Q7 but thankfully the nuts PCH deal put the lid on that particular box.

I am guessing you can manage with one of the third row down for no4 to keep boot space for your daughters push/wheel chair

pitch

I guess once number four arrives it won't be long before a roof box arrives too for luggage when Hannah's chair is in the boot . Eventially we will have to have a wheelchair access car, but both my wife and I are avoiding that for as long as possible as non of them look very appealing . I have even emailed Landrover special vehicles to see if they could adapt a discovery but have not heard back . Maybe I'll just get our old Farm discovery in the workshop a cut it up myself !!!