PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect - Is data included?

Jonh1969
18-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Sorry - might seem a stupid question but I can't find the answer

Just ordered my Q7 for delivery in September

It says audi connect )as part of the technology package) comes with a 3 year subscription.

My question is whether that 3 year subscription is just for the right to access audi connect or does it include the data plan on a sim?

Thanks - and sorry if this is a stupid question!

Jonathan

Nemo78
18-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Welcome along! So I believe it is for the MY17 cars as you get embedded sim. So will give you the data for connect and Google Maps. You won't though be able to create a wifi hotspot unless you put your own sim in....if you do then the data for connect etc comes from that [emoji1360]

Think anyway!

srbsq7
18-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome, you've made a good decision on going with the Q7. What colour, spec did you go for?

It should be a stupid question as this should be clearer in the Audi brochure / website! I thought I understood it for my MY16 build but got it wrong! I believe Nemo is correct though, there was a discussion a few weeks back and I think this was the outcome. We should have some people taking delivery of MY17 builds soon that can confirm though.

Jonh1969
18-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks

I've gone for a black S line 272 with a few extras - tech pack, dynamic pack, sunroof, parking etc

Now it's ordered I can't wait - september seems a long time away!!

Thakey17
18-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Hi John. Congratulations on the purchase. Nemo is right. With the new embedded sim you'll get 3 years of data in the tech pack for google maps and Audi connect but not on hotspots. When you put you own sim in for hotspots that will take over and all data will come from that. There was a discussion on it a while back and there's also info at the back of the new brochure on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyhud007
19-06-2016, 02:04 PM
What the guys said...

Congrats!