PDA

View Full Version : Will be joining you soon!

jimgironde
18-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Hey guys

I have been lurking over on the B6 board for the last 8 years having had a 140TDI SE Estate from new. It has really served me well and I will be sorry to see it go.

However, time moves on and this week I have ordered the 2017 150TDI GT Estate 6 speed manual, this includes the Active Information Display and Panoramic sunroof. I am told it is a week 32 build and should be with me by the first week in Sept, is there any method of keeping tabs on this other than through the dealership?

I am really looking forward to my new toy!:D

gamichea
18-06-2016, 09:37 PM
s there any method of keeping tabs on this other than through the dealership?:D

There is. You can sign up for email and text alerts on vw.co.uk. IIRR all you need is your order no. My end to end experience is set out in this thread.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175242-Maybe-some-good-news-for-those-of-you-with-a-build-date

jimgironde
19-06-2016, 07:46 AM
There is. You can sign up for email and text alerts on vw.co.uk. IIRR all you need is your order no. My end to end experience is set out in this thread.

Maybe some good news for those of you with a build date. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175242-Maybe-some-good-news-for-those-of-you-with-a-build-date)

Thanks for that information.

How are you finding the GT?

gamichea
19-06-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm finding the GT much to my liking. Having come to it from a B6 GT via a CC GT that is perhaps unsurprising. I find the brakes can be a little sharp on initial application and too many buttons on the steering wheel but otherwise the basic experience is one of evolution rather than step change. I went for the 190ps engine and DSG and find them a peachy combination. The car is very relaxing to drive and should require little adaptation on your part. You'll need to set up the Mode (i.e. Eco, Normal, Sport or individual) and ACC to suit your likes and priorities. I was sceptical about the ACC but soon came to the conclusion it is really good providing you set it to suit your style. Obviously it does not absolve you from being alert and attentive and ready to brake at all times (or from turning the steering wheel!) but it can do a lot. I was finally sold when on a typical 60mph single carriageway trunk road in Scotland with it set to 60mph and traveling at that speed it held the car back to that speed on a long downhill applying the brakes as needed and then as I caught traffic slowing for the bend at the bottom of the hill braked more firmly to hold the car at the pre-selected distance from the vehicle in front and then accelerated to maintain that distance as the traffic speeded up again.

You might find this thread of general interest Anticipating joining the B8 'club' (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/173509-Anticipating-joining-the-B8-club)

Because of the full size spare wheel that is GT spec. standard you will find you cannot get the boot floor to go to the lower level. There is no mention of this anywhere that I can find in the brochure, price list or handbook. How I partially resolved this issue is documented in this thread (Non) variable boot floor - GT spec. estate (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/176026-(Non)-variable-boot-floor-GT-spec-estate)

jimgironde
19-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Gamichea, is the driver selection mode standard on the GT, I cannot find mention in any specs?

gamichea
19-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Gamichea, is the driver selection mode standard on the GT, I cannot find mention in any specs?

Nor can I. Driver profile selection is mentioned in the price list I ordered from for SE or SEB and above but only for the items accessed through the menu system. The driving mode selection has its own button to the left of the gear selector. I suspect it may be range standard as it includes the politically correct Eco option! It is not part of any of the options I ordered.

YawnGumbo
20-06-2016, 01:14 PM
I think the driver profile is standard across the board, but obviously its options depend on what other options the car has (so you can control the ACC sensitivity on cars with ACC; the suspension on cars with dynamic suspension, etc.). I never thought I'd use the driver profile, but actually I found that the standard modes didn't quite suit my driving style, so have customised them on the "individual" setting.

jimgironde
20-06-2016, 03:31 PM
I think the driver profile is standard across the board, but obviously its options depend on what other options the car has (so you can control the ACC sensitivity on cars with ACC; the suspension on cars with dynamic suspension, etc.). I never thought I'd use the driver profile, but actually I found that the standard modes didn't quite suit my driving style, so have customised them on the "individual" setting.

This sounds like fun!!

MattB247
20-06-2016, 08:23 PM
You get to set steering weight, throttle response and Eco mode I think, which I think just turns off the aircon lol

I sometimes change steering to sport just so it's not too twitchy in normal mode: electric steering has no feel at the best of times, this weights it up a bit but it's still lacking in feedback.

gibo78
05-07-2016, 02:06 AM
I've got Passat 150 GT estate DSG on order too. Provisional build week was week 30. Confirmed build week 26 which started last Monday. On Tuesday I got update saying my car is built and has left factory. Wednesday -your car has been shipped. Thursday - your car is near the UK. Friday - Arrived in UK. Wasn't expecting it til late August, now it looks like it'll be ready within next 2 weeks. Just need to decide if I want it now or in Sept on new plates

gamichea
05-07-2016, 09:03 AM
If it were mine I would not want it standing around in a storage compound for nearly two months deteriorating. It will benefit from being used and you'll get the pleasure of it too. It might be worth a bit more at change time on a 66 plate but any part ex you now have will be worth less in two months time especially as the trade will be flooded with 66 plate part exes then.

gibo78
05-07-2016, 09:23 AM
It's on lease so resale and px doesn't matter. I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks in Aug and car hasn't reached dealership yet. So it's about having a 16 plate that's "new" for about 3 weeks use or a 66 plate that's "new" for 6 months

gamichea
05-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Excuse my yawn.............:yawn:

gibo78
05-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Ha ha. Excused. The point of my first post was that although the tracker gives approx time scales, at each stage, ignore them coz it'll be much quicker.

gamichea
05-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Yes, that was my experience as set out here

Maybe some good news for those of you with a build date. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175242-Maybe-some-good-news-for-those-of-you-with-a-build-date)

and the dealer fleet manager was really helpful in delivering it quickly to fit in with our plans