PDA

View Full Version : Navigation traffic button on Discover Pro

MattB247
18-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Hi, I have a couple of questions about this:

- Will it detect and display traffic problems if not connected to a mobile via car net?
- If I'm displaying issues "On route" it'll show me a problem, but there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid it: I'd if I'm seeing "2 miles of queuing traffic on M1" it's a logical step to have a button that says "avoid" like I've had on previous cars so it reroutes around that incident but it doesn't seem to be there, unless I'm missing something: unless the system decides to reroute I'm stuck with it. I know there's a "congestion ahead" option but if I'm 10 miles away from an incident on a fast travelling road I don't want to reroute for the next 12 miles to avoid it, I just want to reroute around that bit. Is this a bit of an oversight or is there something I should be pressing?

YawnGumbo
20-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Traffic will come from TMC (RDS signal through your radio) without car-net, but it's not as accurate/timely and misses more traffic jams.
The car will automatically reroute around traffic obstructions, if it detects that the alternative route will be quicker than just sitting in the traffic jam, and an alternative route is available. Again, you are likely to see this more with the car-net traffic info, as it tends to be more accurate.