PDA

View Full Version : Phaeton 2008 bluetooth not working

tixy
17-06-2016, 06:08 PM
a couple of months back my phone intermittently stopped connecting via bluetooth. the telephone button on the system wouldnt get past 'telephone not available' and this usually happened when the car was cold first thing in the morning. almost always by midday or so it would start working by itself.
in the last couple of weeks it was working less and less frequently and now simply doesnt work at all. never gets past the 'telephone not available' screen so there are no options for me to mess around with. i tried the reset button but doesnt do anything.

any ideas? is there a quick fix?

TootallTV
01-10-2018, 01:54 PM
a couple of months back my phone intermittently stopped connecting via bluetooth. the telephone button on the system wouldnt get past 'telephone not available' and this usually happened when the car was cold first thing in the morning. almost always by midday or so it would start working by itself.
in the last couple of weeks it was working less and less frequently and now simply doesnt work at all. never gets past the 'telephone not available' screen so there are no options for me to mess around with. i tried the reset button but doesnt do anything

any ideas? is there a quick fix?

Can't help you with your problem, I'm afraid, as my 2008 TDI doesn't have active Bluetooth. That's right up at the top of my To Do List... Information on how to set it up / activate it / add a module to make it work / improve the dreadful FM radio reception would be very helpful...

tixy
13-07-2021, 04:45 PM
This ended up being the Bluetooth module on its way out. A replacement from ebay solved the problem. It ended up causing a huge battery drain. Which is when in was forced to replace it.