PDA

View Full Version : Question Should I buy Alloy wheel and Scratch/Dent Cover for my new A6

londumpster
17-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Hi All,

Newbie here. Just collected my new A6 Sline 2.0. Shes a beauty.

I wanted your advice if I the Alloy wheel cover and the scratch/dent cover is worth getting and if its useful products. The delearship is quoting close to £700 for the 2 products for 3 years. Are there any other alternate products out there I could buy?

Also wanted advice on getting folding mirrors retrofitted. Is this possible? Missed it as part of the order as I didnt realise they were not standard spec.

Thanks.

A6S
17-06-2016, 05:19 PM
I have the tyre and wheel cover. Paid for itself already as I've had 3 punctures in 8 months caused by dodgy builders near me not cleaning up after themselves. I would say it's worth it as mine covers 5 tyres in 3 years and 10 alloy repairs.
Not sure if scratch and dent cover is worth it as the a6 is aluminium so those dent master guys can't get them out at least that what the guy that came out last time told me on my first a6.
Retrofitting folding mirrors is expensive. Around £800 to get someone to do it and that's reusing your current mirror housing.

Akash
17-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I agree with A6S although it is such a hit and miss like GAP for instance.

I am super careful and yet I went through more tyres than socks with my previous A6.
This one, I have the tyre/alloy cover and touchwood so far, nothing in 5 months.

Flip it to the wife and she too got the cover for her A3 - 2 months ago, hit a kerb and managed to have a blowout + a chunk out of the alloy. Couple of calls to get the claim in and all was sorted.
Tyre can be done any place and they just cover the bill (we stuck with Audi as they price matched)
And alloy is a third party - in our case, Wheel Doctor. Did a cracking job at both fixing it and waking up Surrey @ 8:30am on a Saturday despite doing all the work in a closed van

But going back to the hit and miss, I also have had GAP with all my cars since I started driving 10+ years ago...and have only used it once in 2005 so a total of £3000 roughly down the drain but if it did happen...I know I'm covered.