PDA

View Full Version : Rejected Q7....My never ending saga

Q7newbie
16-06-2016, 09:40 PM
So, i'll try keep the background info as short as I can.

I bought a new 4L Q7 in October 2014. Since December 2014, i useed to get warning lights saying
1- ABS Failure
2- ESP Mdoule failled/Stability Programme disengaged.
3- Brake Modulator Fault

Sometimes they all came back to back, sometimes in isolation. Their common denominator was that the Air suspension always disengagaed and the screen in mmi greyed out with the suspension stuck in "Lift".

The common trigger for all these faults was the Stop-Start. e.g. When trying to pull away from a set of light. The car would take 4-5 cranks to restart, it would sometimes fail to start, and the brakes would just go. the pedal would go into the carpet and the steering would lock like the car is switched off. Sometimes it would eventually restart itself, sometimes I had to manually restart the car.

Audi gave me all sorts of bull. Made me buy 2 sets of new tyres (because maybe the cars "very high torque" was casuing the car to lose traction on restart and with my tyres being 4-6mm) and scotland being wet and it being winter.... blah blah). I knew it was bull, but I still bought them: no result.
They then made me pay for tracking and wheel alignment (because maybe because I drove in dynamic alot, the tracking was off and the car wasnt "sitting right"), inknew this was bull too, but still i humored them and did it.: no joy.

So, over the period of Dec '14 to Feb '16 My car was in the Audi workshop for combined total of 197 days. this was on 14 sepearate occassions. On each occassion, they gave me back the car and claimed all was fixed. All under warranty. They replaced over £10,000 worth of compnonents and man hours: Abs Sensors, Abs control module, Battery, ECU processor port, ECU, Haldex torque sensor, Haldex drive regulator... All of which didnt remedy the problem.

ALL came to a head on Feb 2nd when having just been given the car back 24 HOURS BEFORE! when the brakes failed, Mrs was driving and coming to a roundabaout in the rain, steering locked. she had to apply parking brake, skidded etc. I called Audi Roadside and my Audi dealer Service Manager, who is a great guy and I had dealt with all year on this issue. The car was recovered to the dealership and my Mrs was driven home. Service manager then advised I call Audi UK, whom I told Ino longer believed the car was repairable. 1 year, 197 days, over £10k later the fault was still there and getting worse. I was livid. My family's safety and other road users were beig endangered. She said I would have to reject it if I ddint feel the car was repairable and I didnt trust and want it any more.

I wrote my purchasing dealerships Hea dof Buiness and official letter of rejectio. he brought me in and accepted it. ghe had no idea of the whle saga. upon reading all the job sheets seeing all the warranty costs etc, he was livid. He said he'd have drawn a line under this long before it got this bad and this costly to Audi. and he said if he had been me as a customer, he'd have rejected the car and kicked off, ages ago. I said I'm patient and had faith in the brand and dealership.

Since 2nd Feb I have been 3 different courtesy Q7's all 4M. I also notifed VWFS, through whom my PCP is run. they also opened their own inversigation.

It is now the back end of June and still, the issue is unresolved. The dealer said they's look to put into a new car if identical specc to the rejected car. now, there's an issue because to put my specc into the 4M Q7 creates a deficit of £14,000. They dont wanna absorb it, Audi UK are dancing around it, and VWFS dont wanna commit to it either. Its as though the 3 are playing a game of pass the hot-coal. I find this absurd, because to dae the courtesy cars I'm in have cost over £11,000 in rental fees because they are hired from Europcar and AMT! This £14,000 is made worse because nearly 6 months later, the rejcted car is still currently "not cleared for road use" and is covered in a tarpaulin at the dealership awaiting shipping to germany for "further tests". So the gaffer at the dealership is bitter becuase he cant even re-sell it to recoup some money.

Now, I've involed legal repsentation and the Ombudsman. Because the most recent status is the the Gaffer at the dealership told me to spec and identical new Q7 and he'd get figures together. He has come back with figures that rais emy monthly PCP to a few pounds shy of £1,300. he has based this on no deposit (he said i can put one if i want) , 4 yrs and 10k miles/year.

I have some questions for you guys:

1- Why is he basically giving me a quote as though I'm just a new customr looking to buy a fresh car and disregarding the money I've already put in the rejected car?
2- Am I right in my stance that I shouldnt have to be forced to pay more for the replacement of a car whos failing are not of my doing?
3- Even if it was just a new car purchase, with the spec listed below, combined with 10k/yr for 4yrs is £1,293/month a fair price?

The spec is exactly as my previous car, bar the few things that didnt exist at all for the 4L, such as Matrix Lights and V-cockpit. I have told them too that for these thinga I would be ok to pay for them. Upfron even. But I wont pay the price diffrence of replacing my car just because coincidentally the company no longer make the 4L. I have told them that; if the 4L was still in production, would they have charged me more for anytbing? They sad no. they'd have just ordered a new car. So, I've told them that i should be the one to be penalised for the fact that the 4L was replaced. I told them that at the time of rejection, I wasn't actively looking to buy the new Q7 and I'd have been happy with mine for anoth 12-18 months. So, since it their car thats failed me, then the onus is on them to foot whatver extra costs will arise in putting me back into a car.

PLEASE HELP!

Exterior color options: Orca black, metallic

675.00 GBP

21", 21" x 9.5J '5-twin spoke' design' in titanium look finish, gloss finish alloy wheels with 285/40 R21 tyres

1,650.00 GBP
Audi Matrix LED headlights

950.00 GBP

Seat cover options: Valcona leather with S line embossing on the front seats, seat: Rotor grey with contrast stitching in silver, dashboard: Black, carpet: Black, headlining: Black
1,100.00 GBP
(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MLRA1XP.html)

(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MLRA1XP.html) Heated 3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel
250.00 GBP

Dynamic Pack

2,655.00 GBP

Style package

2,200.00 GBP

Technology pack 1,950.00 GBP

Black roof rails

0.00 GBP
Black Styling Pack

700.00 GBP

Deletion of model and technology badges at rear

0.00 GBP
Running boards

0.00 GBP

Electric panoramic glass sunroof

0.00 GBP

Heat/sound-insulating glass with privacy glass

525.00 GBP

Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats

350.00 GBP

Electrically adjustable steering column

400.00 GBP

Ambient Lighting Package
0.00 GBP (http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MASE6XL.html)
Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding, adjustable and heated

200.00 GBP

Advanced Key

950.00 GBP

Power door closure

625.00 GBP

Tow bar - electrically folding with trailer assist

1,300.00 GBP

Audi Virtual Cockpit

0.00 GBP
BOSE® 3D Surround Sound

1,100.00 GBP
(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MCPAIT3.html)
Audi Connect Infotainment (3 year subscription) with embedded SIM

0.00 GBP

Audi Phone box with wireless charging

0.00 GBP

Head-up display

0.00 GBP

Parking pack advanced

1,800.00 GBP

Adaptive air suspension

0.00 GBP

Fuel tank - 85 litres wth AdBlue tank - 24 litres
0.00 GBP

LED for entry area, Audi rings, with narrow plug

77.00 GBP

TOTAL: ROTR- £71, 447.00

Papereyes
16-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Well most dealers give 10% off so the rotr is BS to me which brings down your overall price plus the finance contribution of 750 on top brings u to around 63k. That's what your dealer should be quoting u for. So ur monthly should be lower than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papereyes
16-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Also not sure how far your case has gotten with Audi check if it's being handled by the executive team in Audi. I've had to get my case escalated twice and feel they take it more seriously when you do.

zollaf
16-06-2016, 10:07 PM
blimey , what a complete nightmare for you. can't believe how patient you have been. what are cars like this going to be worth in a few years when they become old used cars. 'unsolveable electrical fault causes panic mode'' ??
good luck with it and whatever you get offered.

Q7newbie
16-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Well most dealers give 10% off so the rotr is BS to me which brings down your overall price plus the finance contribution of 750 on top brings u to around 63k. That's what your dealer should be quoting u for. So ur monthly should be lower than that

Uh, thanks for that. I thought as much! A guy do business with has just ordered an RS6 that came in at 82k after discounts etc and his monthly was about 1,300. Hence my shock here. I think the dealership are just being difficult intentionally because I'm sticking to my guns on the whole issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Q7newbie
16-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Also not sure how far your case has gotten with Audi check if it's being handled by the executive team in Audi. I've had to get my case escalated twice and feel they take it more seriously when you do.

I'll be on them 1st thing tomorrow. Thanks for that.

Q7newbie
16-06-2016, 10:14 PM
blimey , what a complete nightmare for you. can't believe how patient you have been. what are cars like this going to be worth in a few years when they become old used cars. 'unsolveable electrical fault causes panic mode'' ??
good luck with it and whatever you get offered.
Thanks mate even my Mrs is fed up and says I'm being too calm and letting them muck me about with their repeat calls of "we should have this sorted by next week for you ". 5months later......
An absolute **** up. It pains me coz I really love my car. It was everything I wanted and needed. And just seeing sat there at the dealership covered in a tarp makese sad. I'd always envisioned it going on to another happy home next year....

Skippy73
16-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Wow that is an horrendous story. Sorry to hear that you have suffered such I nightmare amd hope it gets better soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
16-06-2016, 10:26 PM
My goodness totally feel you - having rejected a 4M already and knowing how tricky it can all be, I really do feel for you.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the numbers but papereyes logic works.

Good luck with it all and stick with it [emoji1360]

Papereyes
16-06-2016, 10:27 PM
I'll be on them 1st thing tomorrow. Thanks for that.

When u speak to ur case handler explicitly tel them u want it escalated, they try and fob you off but exec team have better relationships to get stuff sorted. It will take an extra day or two to get them but they basically deal direct with the principle dealers to sort stuff out. Good luck!

Q7newbie
16-06-2016, 10:45 PM
When u speak to ur case handler explicitly tel them u want it escalated, they try and fob you off but exec team have better relationships to get stuff sorted. It will take an extra day or two to get them but they basically deal direct with the principle dealers to sort stuff out. Good luck!

Trust me, I won't be fobbed. Part of my tact of never ending patience is because it allows whoever I'm dealing with to get enough rope to have a village. That way, when I do put my foot down, they have no come back. That time has now come.
It's taken me this long just to share this issue because thinking back through all the details, the anger and anxiety of the day the brakes failed on my Mrs etc all make my blood boil.
But now, enough is enough.

andyhud007
17-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Mate, I truly feel for you, I know you and Nemo, hope you dont mind me saying has had issues as well but not to the extent, at least yet, of yours

If safety is comprised for your family, that is the cross of the line. If I was in your shoes, I would personally be going a level just over "ballistic" to Audi UK / Audi DE and your dealer. Jeez, just sitting here typing this is making my blood boil already and its only 8:30am!

Good luck on your quest and I'm absolutely certain I can safely say that your fellow Q7 owners here will support you and provide any advice/feedback as and when you feel you need it.

Please keep us posted and best of luck.

Andy

Edit: That PCP Price is far too high, even without a deposit IMO, especially give the "situation".

srbsq7
17-06-2016, 08:57 AM
What a nightmare. I really hope you get through to someone in a position to make it right.

What has happened to the current finance?

andyhud007
17-06-2016, 09:18 AM
For what its worth:

executive.office@audi.co.uk

satyp
17-06-2016, 09:19 AM
So, i'll try keep the background info as short as I can.

I bought a new 4L Q7 in October 2014. Since December 2014, i useed to get warning lights saying
1- ABS Failure
2- ESP Mdoule failled/Stability Programme disengaged.
3- Brake Modulator Fault

Sometimes they all came back to back, sometimes in isolation. Their common denominator was that the Air suspension always disengagaed and the screen in mmi greyed out with the suspension stuck in "Lift".

The common trigger for all these faults was the Stop-Start. e.g. When trying to pull away from a set of light. The car would take 4-5 cranks to restart, it would sometimes fail to start, and the brakes would just go. the pedal would go into the carpet and the steering would lock like the car is switched off. Sometimes it would eventually restart itself, sometimes I had to manually restart the car.

Audi gave me all sorts of bull. Made me buy 2 sets of new tyres (because maybe the cars "very high torque" was casuing the car to lose traction on restart and with my tyres being 4-6mm) and scotland being wet and it being winter.... blah blah). I knew it was bull, but I still bought them: no result.
They then made me pay for tracking and wheel alignment (because maybe because I drove in dynamic alot, the tracking was off and the car wasnt "sitting right"), inknew this was bull too, but still i humored them and did it.: no joy.

So, over the period of Dec '14 to Feb '16 My car was in the Audi workshop for combined total of 197 days. this was on 14 sepearate occassions. On each occassion, they gave me back the car and claimed all was fixed. All under warranty. They replaced over £10,000 worth of compnonents and man hours: Abs Sensors, Abs control module, Battery, ECU processor port, ECU, Haldex torque sensor, Haldex drive regulator... All of which didnt remedy the problem.

ALL came to a head on Feb 2nd when having just been given the car back 24 HOURS BEFORE! when the brakes failed, Mrs was driving and coming to a roundabaout in the rain, steering locked. she had to apply parking brake, skidded etc. I called Audi Roadside and my Audi dealer Service Manager, who is a great guy and I had dealt with all year on this issue. The car was recovered to the dealership and my Mrs was driven home. Service manager then advised I call Audi UK, whom I told Ino longer believed the car was repairable. 1 year, 197 days, over £10k later the fault was still there and getting worse. I was livid. My family's safety and other road users were beig endangered. She said I would have to reject it if I ddint feel the car was repairable and I didnt trust and want it any more.

I wrote my purchasing dealerships Hea dof Buiness and official letter of rejectio. he brought me in and accepted it. ghe had no idea of the whle saga. upon reading all the job sheets seeing all the warranty costs etc, he was livid. He said he'd have drawn a line under this long before it got this bad and this costly to Audi. and he said if he had been me as a customer, he'd have rejected the car and kicked off, ages ago. I said I'm patient and had faith in the brand and dealership.

Since 2nd Feb I have been 3 different courtesy Q7's all 4M. I also notifed VWFS, through whom my PCP is run. they also opened their own inversigation.

It is now the back end of June and still, the issue is unresolved. The dealer said they's look to put into a new car if identical specc to the rejected car. now, there's an issue because to put my specc into the 4M Q7 creates a deficit of £14,000. They dont wanna absorb it, Audi UK are dancing around it, and VWFS dont wanna commit to it either. Its as though the 3 are playing a game of pass the hot-coal. I find this absurd, because to dae the courtesy cars I'm in have cost over £11,000 in rental fees because they are hired from Europcar and AMT! This £14,000 is made worse because nearly 6 months later, the rejcted car is still currently "not cleared for road use" and is covered in a tarpaulin at the dealership awaiting shipping to germany for "further tests". So the gaffer at the dealership is bitter becuase he cant even re-sell it to recoup some money.

Now, I've involed legal repsentation and the Ombudsman. Because the most recent status is the the Gaffer at the dealership told me to spec and identical new Q7 and he'd get figures together. He has come back with figures that rais emy monthly PCP to a few pounds shy of £1,300. he has based this on no deposit (he said i can put one if i want) , 4 yrs and 10k miles/year.

I have some questions for you guys:

1- Why is he basically giving me a quote as though I'm just a new customr looking to buy a fresh car and disregarding the money I've already put in the rejected car?
2- Am I right in my stance that I shouldnt have to be forced to pay more for the replacement of a car whos failing are not of my doing?
3- Even if it was just a new car purchase, with the spec listed below, combined with 10k/yr for 4yrs is £1,293/month a fair price?

The spec is exactly as my previous car, bar the few things that didnt exist at all for the 4L, such as Matrix Lights and V-cockpit. I have told them too that for these thinga I would be ok to pay for them. Upfron even. But I wont pay the price diffrence of replacing my car just because coincidentally the company no longer make the 4L. I have told them that; if the 4L was still in production, would they have charged me more for anytbing? They sad no. they'd have just ordered a new car. So, I've told them that i should be the one to be penalised for the fact that the 4L was replaced. I told them that at the time of rejection, I wasn't actively looking to buy the new Q7 and I'd have been happy with mine for anoth 12-18 months. So, since it their car thats failed me, then the onus is on them to foot whatver extra costs will arise in putting me back into a car.

PLEASE HELP!

Exterior color options: Orca black, metallic

675.00 GBP

21", 21" x 9.5J '5-twin spoke' design' in titanium look finish, gloss finish alloy wheels with 285/40 R21 tyres

1,650.00 GBP
Audi Matrix LED headlights

950.00 GBP

Seat cover options: Valcona leather with S line embossing on the front seats, seat: Rotor grey with contrast stitching in silver, dashboard: Black, carpet: Black, headlining: Black
1,100.00 GBP
(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MLRA1XP.html)

(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MLRA1XP.html) Heated 3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel
250.00 GBP

Dynamic Pack

2,655.00 GBP

Style package

2,200.00 GBP

Technology pack 1,950.00 GBP

Black roof rails

0.00 GBP
Black Styling Pack

700.00 GBP

Deletion of model and technology badges at rear

0.00 GBP
Running boards

0.00 GBP

Electric panoramic glass sunroof

0.00 GBP

Heat/sound-insulating glass with privacy glass

525.00 GBP

Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats

350.00 GBP

Electrically adjustable steering column

400.00 GBP

Ambient Lighting Package
0.00 GBP (http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MASE6XL.html)
Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding, adjustable and heated

200.00 GBP

Advanced Key

950.00 GBP

Power door closure

625.00 GBP

Tow bar - electrically folding with trailer assist

1,300.00 GBP

Audi Virtual Cockpit

0.00 GBP
BOSE® 3D Surround Sound

1,100.00 GBP
(http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/q7/q7/summary.mediathek_infolayer.MCPAIT3.html)
Audi Connect Infotainment (3 year subscription) with embedded SIM

0.00 GBP

Audi Phone box with wireless charging

0.00 GBP

Head-up display

0.00 GBP

Parking pack advanced

1,800.00 GBP

Adaptive air suspension

0.00 GBP

Fuel tank - 85 litres wth AdBlue tank - 24 litres
0.00 GBP

LED for entry area, Audi rings, with narrow plug

77.00 GBP

TOTAL: ROTR- £71, 447.00

You only ever need to give the 3 strikes rule for repair attempts before it becomes a manufatures` headache..

Considering how these clowns/cowboys that are AUDI UK CS!! Andy is reaction is probably not right but ballistic sounds about there.. This should mostly directed towards AUDI UK they the main culprits more time than not it seems this what they are paid to do..

Ask for Andre Konesbruck and/or Tom Peterkin or their PA`s if they still exist but more than likely settle for the executive team..

Old article eg:-
This guy had to resort to below before he got any attention here.

Disgruntled motorist stages protest after buying new £35k Audi that needed engine rebuild | UK | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/572433/Disgruntled-motorist-protest-35k-Audi-engine-rebuild-problem)

This is one of main troubles with Audi UK.. They cars might be good but time after time.. These experiences are a far too common place esp in the UK and it does look like despite Audi senior management banging on about an agenda and talk of bettering the whole experience this sort arrogance and mentality is still rife in parts of their business more so at times than any other manufacturer and even more troubling is AUDI UK know that.

I suppose I better stop ✋ this rant..

Just want to say AUDI UK and VWFS will happily keep bouncing the ball back and forth at the customers expense.

Maybe have a think of what result you looking to achieve with deadlines with legal help put that to them and there must be law somwhere to make them accountable to any further cost to you if they can't resolve this in a few weeks. Their hold up shouldn't really cost anymore than it already has. Period

Any agreement that translates to new car should be the same or less (better) than what it was before this mare started for you..

Good Luck to you..

And please update here on the end result whatever it may be..

I wish every person in the uk with an issue like this with Audi could share it in one place so Audi can see the big picture

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

satyp
17-06-2016, 09:26 AM
You only ever need to give the 3 strikes rule for repair attempts before it becomes a manufatures` headache..

Considering how these clowns/cowboys that are AUDI UK CS!! Andy is reaction is probably not right but ballistic sounds about there.. This should mostly directed towards AUDI UK they the main culprits more time than not it seems this what they are paid to do..

Ask for Andre Konesbruck and/or Tom Peterkin or their PA`s if they still exist but more than likely settle for the executive team..

Old article eg:-
This guy had to resort to below before he got any attention here.

Disgruntled motorist stages protest after buying new £35k Audi that needed engine rebuild | UK | News | Daily Express (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/572433/Disgruntled-motorist-protest-35k-Audi-engine-rebuild-problem)

This is one of main troubles with Audi UK.. They cars might be good but time after time.. These experiences are a far too common place esp in the UK and it does look like despite Audi senior management banging on about an agenda and talk of bettering the whole experience this sort arrogance and mentality is still rife in parts of their business more so at times than any other manufacturer and even more troubling is AUDI UK know that.

I suppose I better stop ✋ this rant..

Just want to say AUDI UK and VWFS will happily keep bouncing the ball back and forth at the customers expense.

Maybe have a think of what result you looking to achieve with deadlines with legal help put that to them and there must be law somwhere to make them accountable to any further cost to you if they can't resolve this in a few weeks. Their hold up shouldn't really cost anymore than it already has. Period

Any agreement that translates to new car should be the same or less (better) than what it was before this mare started for you..

Good Luck to you..

And please update here on the end result whatever it may be..

I wish every person in the uk with an issue like this with Audi could share it in one place so Audi can see the big picture

* meant say Andy reaction is probably right.. Too early for me

satyp
17-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Obviously this is still bothering me..

Also find VWFS handling of issues far more professionally than Audi UK IMHO

Anyway need to take my mind of this.. All the best

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 12:15 PM
What a nightmare. I really hope you get through to someone in a position to make it right.

What has happened to the current finance?
My current finance is "suspended". I told VWFS I will not pay them another penny until this is resolved. They wanted me to keep paying my monthly for a car that's gone and when there is not even a clear plan of how they are going to resolve this.
They tried to insist I still need to pay. I sent them a bit of legal policy about consumer law and what I'm bound to versus what they too are bound too. They never replied and simply put the "suspension" in place.
I also don't understand what happens to all that money in this midst of all this. I won't lose it will I? Will it transfer over as a kind of "deposit" to the new car?

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Mate, I truly feel for you, I know you and Nemo, hope you dont mind me saying has had issues as well but not to the extent, at least yet, of yours

If safety is comprised for your family, that is the cross of the line. If I was in your shoes, I would personally be going a level just over "ballistic" to Audi UK / Audi DE and your dealer. Jeez, just sitting here typing this is making my blood boil already and its only 8:30am!

Good luck on your quest and I'm absolutely certain I can safely say that your fellow Q7 owners here will support you and provide any advice/feedback as and when you feel you need it.

Please keep us posted and best of luck.

Andy

Edit: That PCP Price is far too high, even without a deposit IMO, especially give the "situation".
Thanks mate. It really is infuriating. I'm done with being patient now. More so, when it doesn't seem like they're bending over backward to resolve this.

wee_gua
17-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Bloody hell mate that's not
Good! The way they are treating you is quite frankly sickening! And the fact they kept releasing an unsafe car on the roads is a disgrace.
I'm not having much luck with dealership either regarding my extended test drive of the new Q7 that was booked for tomorrow, as of today they don't have a demo car available and will be "Borrowing" one. I've declined this off and said I will be away to another dealer unfortunately.

Gyro
17-06-2016, 12:58 PM
This sort of stuff makes my **** boil, it really does. More power to you mate for staying calm, I think this situation would've ended me up in a padded cell. I really really hope it works out exactly how you want it to.

srbsq7
17-06-2016, 01:30 PM
My current finance is "suspended". I told VWFS I will not pay them another penny until this is resolved. They wanted me to keep paying my monthly for a car that's gone and when there is not even a clear plan of how they are going to resolve this.
They tried to insist I still need to pay. I sent them a bit of legal policy about consumer law and what I'm bound to versus what they too are bound too. They never replied and simply put the "suspension" in place.
I also don't understand what happens to all that money in this midst of all this. I won't lose it will I? Will it transfer over as a kind of "deposit" to the new car?

My understanding of PCP is that your deposit sits outside of the finance. Your financing the car minus deposit and other incentives / discounts. It doesn't seem fair that the agreement should continue given you cannot opt to keep / sell the car at the end and therefore get some money for your next deposit (car value - final payment). The only option you have is to hand the keys back (which you've already done). Audi UK really need to step up as this kind of thing tarnishes the brand.

My Wife ordered a new X1 in 2012 just as they were changing over to the facelift. I discovered 3 months after we had taken delivery that the SOS button / emergency call feature was missing. BMW offered money to compensate but I said it was peace of mind / safety feature that was a must given the driving my wife was doing at the time. After a couple of weeks, they agreed to order a new one and we could keep the current one until it was delivered. We handed back the 62 plate with 12k miles and got a new 13 plate and they took the hit and no change to the finance.

Ultimately we benefited from their mistake. Your situation is far far worse and you're expected to take all the pain. Outrageous.

elrao
17-06-2016, 04:46 PM
I haven't read every word of every reply, however I would imagine that Audi don't legally have to provide you with a new model car of the same spec; that they would have the option of basically refunding you (not sure how that works on finance...).

While you can spec a car with the same optional extras as your old car, it is not the same spec. You only have to look at the engine in the new model to know that. This is of course NOT YOUR FAULT, as Audi are unable to provide you with a like for like replacement and this is their fault for dragging their heals so long. However I would be surprised if any court would force them to provide you with a "similar spec" of a newer model as opposed to providing a full refund.

satyp
17-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Audi are a long long long way from translating a total ownership experience... At the moment there is a massive experience gap between buying an audi, owning an audi , and Servicing and audi at an approved center.. Consumers shouldn't have jump through hoops like this to get what the rightly expect with premium products of brands like this.. Accountability will only come into play when the whole business falls, and thats never going to happen... VW emission scandal says it all as far as the attitudes and law are concerned in different geographical locals

This attitude sickens me, evidently hasn't stopped me buying one and it should stop anyone else either if the consumer is protected in the right way from such bullish attitudes in the modern capitalistic world where even business entities are easily forced to act in a manner that fair to all consumers

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Bloody hell mate that's not
Good! The way they are treating you is quite frankly sickening! And the fact they kept releasing an unsafe car on the roads is a disgrace.
I'm not having much luck with dealership either regarding my extended test drive of the new Q7 that was booked for tomorrow, as of today they don't have a demo car available and will be "Borrowing" one. I've declined this off and said I will be away to another dealer unfortunately.
Well, now you get why I said I'm VERY well "acquainted" the with them! If you want a demo car, pm me again and I'll make a call or 2.

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 08:39 PM
This sort of stuff makes my **** boil, it really does. More power to you mate for staying calm, I think this situation would've ended me up in a padded cell. I really really hope it works out exactly how you want it to.
I've seen too many companies use a customers anger and manners(or lack thereof) as an excuse for not doing what they are obligated to do. So, applying your anger in a controlled and almost subtle way is always the best approach.

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 08:42 PM
My understanding of PCP is that your deposit sits outside of the finance. Your financing the car minus deposit and other incentives / discounts. It doesn't seem fair that the agreement should continue given you cannot opt to keep / sell the car at the end and therefore get some money for your next deposit (car value - final payment). The only option you have is to hand the keys back (which you've already done). Audi UK really need to step up as this kind of thing tarnishes the brand.

My Wife ordered a new X1 in 2012 just as they were changing over to the facelift. I discovered 3 months after we had taken delivery that the SOS button / emergency call feature was missing. BMW offered money to compensate but I said it was peace of mind / safety feature that was a must given the driving my wife was doing at the time. After a couple of weeks, they agreed to order a new one and we could keep the current one until it was delivered. We handed back the 62 plate with 12k miles and got a new 13 plate and they took the hit and no change to the finance.

Ultimately we benefited from their mistake. Your situation is far far worse and you're expected to take all the pain. Outrageous.
Exactly. The woman from VWFS today told me that my handing back the keys and their accepting the rejection was separator their providing me with a replacement car. I was like : huh?????
Separate HOW? the whole point of why I need a new car is because I rejected the car I had, so how can she say the two issues are separate?

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 08:54 PM
I haven't read every word of every reply, however I would imagine that Audi don't legally have to provide you with a new model car of the same spec; that they would have the option of basically refunding you (not sure how that works on finance...).

While you can spec a car with the same optional extras as your old car, it is not the same spec. You only have to look at the engine in the new model to know that. This is of course NOT YOUR FAULT, as Audi are unable to provide you with a like for like replacement and this is their fault for dragging their heals so long. However I would be surprised if any court would force them to provide you with a "similar spec" of a newer model as opposed to providing a full refund.
Thank you! I said this! I said this from the very beginning to them. I said I'll be happy to get a refund and by another car completely unrelated to this saga. It is them that insisted AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, that I should bear with them and they'd find a resolution to this without needing to resorting to a refund and full cancellation. They said since I was willing to remain an Audi customer, and had a problem with THAT particular car and not the model or brand, then could I allow them to sort this? I said ok. (more fool me)... And today here we are.

I've consulted 3 barristers. One an old army buddy I went to Sandhurst with, and the others in went to uni with whose bread and butter are business Law. They have all said that I am entitled to a like for like replacement, but the big spanner in the works here for AUDI and VWFS is the fact that just be sheer timing, they are looking like they will have to do that in a newer model and more expensive car. They said, that any judge or arbitrator would see after looking at all the facts that, Audi are here set to pay quite steeply for their ineptness, dilly-dallying and unjustified delay in resolving this.

Q7newbie
17-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Audi are a long long long way from translating a total ownership experience... At the moment there is a massive experience gap between buying an audi, owning an audi , and Servicing and audi at an approved center.. Consumers shouldn't have jump through hoops like this to get what the rightly expect with premium products of brands like this.. Accountability will only come into play when the whole business falls, and thats never going to happen... VW emission scandal says it all as far as the attitudes and law are concerned in different geographical locals

This attitude sickens me, evidently hasn't stopped me buying one and it should stop anyone else either if the consumer is protected in the right way from such bullish attitudes in the modern capitalistic world where even business entities are easily forced to act in a manner that fair to all consumers
They know they are falling short. But they'll never proactively change this. Because they know that in 90% or more even if cases, most customers will just get upset and walk away. Which for Audi isn't a big deal since more customers are lining up to buy their wares. It's when they have a rare case like this, where they get taken back and find themselves forced to actually do what's right.

Nemo78
28-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Q7Newbie how are you getting on with this? Appreciate you my not want to make public if currently negotiating.

Q7newbie
28-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the check up. My apologies for the silence. But an impromptu 4 day visit to the hospital had my off my feet.
I am currently at a point where the retailer has pledged their maximum amount of money they're willing to wrote off of a new car. There is still a deficit which they have listed and tendered to VWFS as my financier to look at and state where they stand with meeting that deficit. They have until weeks end.
Fingers crossed!

Nemo78
29-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Hey,
Thanks for the check up. My apologies for the silence. But an impromptu 4 day visit to the hospital had my off my feet.
I am currently at a point where the retailer has pledged their maximum amount of money they're willing to wrote off of a new car. There is still a deficit which they have listed and tendered to VWFS as my financier to look at and state where they stand with meeting that deficit. They have until weeks end.
Fingers crossed!

Ah man hope all is ok with yourself...

Fingers crossed all works out with the deficit and VWFS.

Q7newbie
30-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Still hospitalized I'm afraid!...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/5882f144e19ae45cbf0002638bfcd423.jpg

Papereyes
30-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Wow, hopefully this forum is keeping you engaged. Good luck and get well

Q7newbie
30-06-2016, 02:19 PM
It is! I couldn't even take a decent selfie coz my arms are webbed in cables and tubes.

t1sh
30-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I hope you get better quickly! Myself I don't like hospitals at all....

Q7newbie
30-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks alot guys. I appreciate the wishes. I hate hospitals too.
Keep the posts coming, that'll help keep me sane!

zollaf
30-06-2016, 05:52 PM
a year ago today i spent 4 nights in one. septic bursitis is what i apparently had.

mark@mdmtechnik
30-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi Q7 Newbie. Sorry to hear your awful story and I hope you recover and get back on your feet asap. Hospitals are nasty places, I spend a few weeks in Stoke Mandeville because of a cut finger!

Who are you talking to at Audi? I've had issues with my S8 and basically skipped the morons at the dealerships and went straight to the executive office at Audi.

Head of Audi UK.
Andre.konsbruck@audi.co.uk

Andre's PA - Fiona Bruce
Fiona.bruce@audi.co.uk

Hopefully you will get some joy here.

Q7newbie
30-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi Q7 Newbie. Sorry to hear your awful story and I hope you recover and get back on your feet asap. Hospitals are nasty places, I spend a few weeks in Stoke Mandeville because of a cut finger!

Who are you talking to at Audi? I've had issues with my S8 and basically skipped the morons at the dealerships and went straight to the executive office at Audi.

Head of Audi UK.

Andre's PA - Fiona Bruce
Fiona.bruce@audi.co.uk

Many thanks for that. I've been dealing with a chap called Harvinder. He means well ,but it's evident this matter is above his pay grade. I'll email these guys now. (nothing better to do in this place!)

t1sh
30-06-2016, 09:59 PM
You can always watch Poland-Portugal game. 1:1 and extra time, now! :)

Q7newbie
01-07-2016, 12:30 AM
You can always watch Poland-Portugal game. 1:1 and extra time, now! :)
How did that end btw?

t1sh
01-07-2016, 07:52 AM
How did that end btw?

Lost on penalties! Meaning Portugal won....

bouba007
17-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Back in June 2011, I got a new Q7 4L delivered. On the day of delivery, I noticed there was an issue with the spec. It did not have the latest MMI version with the SIM card that allowed to get online traffic and google earth maps (yes, back in 2011!). I had a quite heated discussion with the dealership at the time (a very well known dealership on the M4, on the West of London.

Result: they let me drive the car for 5 months before they got me a replacement one, brand new (and a MY12 that time!). On that one, both the dealership and Audi UK did the right job.

In August 2013, it was now an Audi A6 Allroad that was delivered. Again brand new. On the delivery day... how surprise: the MMI+ module (with data) was also missing. How unlucky - 2 cars, 2 dealerships, same issue: missing component at factory.

This time, the dealership decided to retrofit it. For 6 months the car spent more time at the dealership than with me. But ok, they got it sorted in the end.

Last week, I was supposed to get my Q7 4M delivered. On my way to the dealership, about 2 miles from them, I receive a call: "I'm so sorry, while I was getting your new car from the parking, I got a light on the dash. The A/C is not blowing any cool air.".

Apparently they forgot to put the gas in the A/C at factory. Huh?????

Well, I'm sitting now, waiting patiently until Sunday when I will get my car finally. Hoping it will have all the equipment from the order form, and the A/C was genuinely a lack of gas load in the A/C unit... time will tell.

Q7newbie
18-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Oh my goodness!!!

I thought I've had a nightmare experience with them! You've made me feel much better by sharing your misery and misfortune.

satyp
18-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Aarh Audi! Audi! Audi! .. Sorry to read this!!! Third times always a charm right..

Hopefully just this gas thing now, all should be 👌 ok..

Keep this posted

Nemo78
18-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Lol if third time is the charm I should've got rid of this v2 Q as well [emoji23]

Bouba - rotten luck there but fingers crossed for you!!

bouba007
18-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh my goodness!!!

I thought I've had a nightmare experience with them! You've made me feel much better by sharing your misery and misfortune.

And I passed the details around the
- June 11 delivery: it was the time following the tsunami in Japan, and the Q7 was also delivered with a disfunctional rear camera, as supposedly, according to the dealer: "the factory in Japan could not produce any chipset for the rear camera for a while". It was going to be fixed, once they would produce enough.
- August 13 delivery: once the correct sat nav equipment retrofitted, I was told "never upgrade your software, as otherwise it will return the car to factory setup and we will need to re-configure it all". Well, I followed your advice Mr Delaership, I'm getting a new Q7 instead.

I forgot to mention (which I do now for completeness, after all it was not all too bad) that there was another car in the meantime (2012 A8 LWB) for which everything went to plan without a glitch.

It's not entirely the dealer's fault, but you would expect them to spot these things during the PDI checks. What I'm noticing over the last few buys, is that if you are a bit interested in the stuff you sell, you should spend time on these forums, looking for information, experience, and try to be more knowledgeable than your customers. Something I've rarely seen so far, given I need to tell the sales man that his Q7 in his showroom was a MY16 and that he was wrong to tell me this is what I would get "like for like" with a MY17, given the safety call button and other stuff that were introduced on the MY17. His reply: "it's an option". Yes of course, just double check your catalogue and show it to me please.

At the end, we like the 4 rings brand for something else than the dealership experience, but come on, for those prices, you would expect better service from the day you pass the front door.

I know I'm new to the forum (despite browsing it for hours), so please forgive me if I did not sign with my first name earlier on.

Olivier

bouba007
21-07-2016, 10:06 PM
And the saga continues for me.

Remember that delivery on coming Sunday? Well... That is not happening now.

It was not a A/C coolant issue, it is now likely to be the compressor. On a new car??? Strange is not it? And the best is to come: it will take a couple weeks if not more to fix it, as the parts are on "backorder". Mmmhhhh??? Is there anyone out there currently having their A/C compressor replaced that many times for parts to be on backorder?

Now I've to recognise the effort from my local dealer: it's the big boss calling, not my sales contact, and they come with solutions, whatever works for me. I'm not yet sure how to approach it, my confidence in the car that was to be delivered is going down very fast.

Anyone experienced a broken compressor on the Q7 4M? Is there any chance there is more damage done to the car during its replacement (where is it located?)?

Any tips welcome here...

Olivier

Nemo78
21-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Oliver feel for you...if it helps I've had some major surgery done on my car also...new gearbox at 6 weeks old.

You have two real options here I guess...have the repair done and wait for it or walk away.

For me many would argue I should have walked away. But it's my second car as first one was replaced. Dealers have been brilliant and I decided to show faith in them on this occasion.

Might be worth finding out how simple the repair is etc.

I had been told that a lot of the Q7s coming off the line now we're much better and not having many issues but for some us we still are.

Sure some of the others will be here very soon to help you find out its location...job for Andy! And if anyone else has any experience of this issue.

Oh by the way...it's not unknown for new cars to be delivered with vital engine components missing....[emoji15]

satyp
21-07-2016, 11:26 PM
Oliver feel for you...if it helps I've had some major surgery done on my car also...new gearbox at 6 weeks old.

You have two real options here I guess...have the repair done and wait for it or walk away.

For me many would argue I should have walked away. But it's my second car as first one was replaced. Dealers have been brilliant and I decided to show faith in them on this occasion.

Might be worth finding out how simple the repair is etc.

I had been told that a lot of the Q7s coming off the line now we're much better and not having many issues but for some us we still are.

Sure some of the others will be here very soon to help you find out its location...job for Andy! And if anyone else has any experience of this issue.

Oh by the way...it's not unknown for new cars to be delivered with vital engine components missing....[emoji15]
Just echoing Nemo`s words.. In the sense if time permits really find out about the repair/full resolution option..

Unfortunately this might involve an “Independent” at a possible additional hit. In this case it might really be worth it as it appears just AC?

I think that step will be “Pertinent” in deciding to WALK AWAY ??

.. Now rather than a waiting game..

(Personally I would explored already considering your past experiences too.. )

I'm sure another car & another fortune (not third time lucky :-0 ) is around the corner

I hope it works out & the lights bright in next tunnel that can be a new car experience..

bouba007
22-07-2016, 08:50 PM
News from the dealer today:

The repair involves a bit of work to be honest, the compressor is located under the dashboard at the very front of the car and they will need to move a few things to get to it including the dashboard itself.

Papereyes
22-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Not a nice experience given your pasts history. I am quite amazed how a fundamental part is missing. Is the dealer giving you any other options apart from putting the missing part in?

bouba007
24-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Not a nice experience given your pasts history. I am quite amazed how a fundamental part is missing. Is the dealer giving you any other options apart from putting the missing part in?

Just for clarification, it is a faulty part. However it requires heavy work to get fixed. Which it will do in the end. The dealer is giving me many options, including to reject the car and order an equivalent one.

bouba007
24-07-2016, 06:25 PM
As I said earlier, the reason I sticked with Audi, is that despite these (rather annoying) issues - which every brand probably have one way or the other - I've never been disappointed by the actions led by the dealers I've been dealing with.

Today was no difference. It's getting sorted following a meeting with the dealership, and I had two options: get the car fixed and delivered, with a loan car while the work is performed (which you expect anyway). Or proceed with a new order, wait a few months, and get a loan car in between. To be honest, this is the extra mile I expect from a brand like this, and I'm rather pleased I had the options to chose from.

So well done to my local Audi dealer (I doubt Audi UK/Audi AG has anything to do with it) for tackling this issue very professionally and putting the customer first.

Now back to the waiting stage...

Olivier

srbsq7
24-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear you're being looked after. Hopefully it gets resolved soon and you can get on enjoying the car.

satyp
24-07-2016, 11:49 PM
As I said earlier, the reason I sticked with Audi, is that despite these (rather annoying) issues - which every brand probably have one way or the other - I've never been disappointed by the actions led by the dealers I've been dealing with.

Today was no difference. It's getting sorted following a meeting with the dealership, and I had two options: get the car fixed and delivered, with a loan car while the work is performed (which you expect anyway). Or proceed with a new order, wait a few months, and get a loan car in between. To be honest, this is the extra mile I expect from a brand like this, and I'm rather pleased I had the options to chose from.

So well done to my local Audi dealer (I doubt Audi UK/Audi AG has anything to do with it) for tackling this issue very professionally and putting the customer first.

Now back to the waiting stage...

Olivier
#def the dealer.. Good on them! It is really nice when a business (Management that it )see customers for what the really to other help pay their salaries
Which is “paying custom”!!

Your right tho every company has its fair share of gripes from customers.. But some are more than others it is worrisome when those numbers remain high over a period of time..

It should not a big struggle for such a straightforward issue like yours and hope it wasn't in the end.. [emoji106]

srbsq7
22-09-2016, 11:54 PM

Head of Audi UK.

Andre's PA - Fiona Bruce
Fiona.bruce@audi.co.uk

Bringing this thread back into play for Gyro as I recalled some contact details for Q7newbies issues.

Q7newbie - did you AND the car get back to full health? I don't remember the outcome.

tonylauk
12-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Did you get this fixed ?? I too have a 2014 Q7 (from new) with 41k on the clock, over the last 2000 miles I've noticed the same errors as yours - especially after a cold morning where the vehicle turns over sluggishly. But more to the point the errors appear in stop start traffic. I highlighted the issue to the local dealership at the 40k service - who noticed a few flame blow outs during the stop start process. They said this could one of 3 things... battery - no was checked to be ok.. the starter motor drawing too much current or the auxiliary heater (in the exhaust) - costly at approx #3k to replace. I have it booked into for January 2017 so they can have it for a week to diagnose more.. but wondered if you ever got to the bottom of your problems or managed to swap the car?

audifan4life
13-12-2016, 10:50 AM
What a disgrace and what a nightmare for you. Putting your family at risk like that is unforgivable and borderline criminal. Imagine the law suit in the US? I'm no expert but I'm convinced you have come back through the consumer rights act as the car is clearly "unfit for purpose" as evidenced by your problems and the dealers inability to resell it. Google that - there is plenty of info about your rights to a "refund, repair or replacement". You could always go to the press or threaten it at least too. Very best of luck.