PDA

View Full Version : Back in the world of Audi again....:)

Devonian100cs
15-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone, a brief bit of background....

Although I've never been the slightest bit mechanically minded it's good to be back in the classic Audi world again after my 1982 Type 43 100cs two tone I bought in 1995 for £50 finally succumbed to the MOT tin bug test in 2005. This replaced my 100GL5E I bought in 87/88 which had also suffered the same fate, however I've still got them both and will one day I hope start restoring them. Interesting thing about it all I think was when I rang Ingolstadt classic dept recently as I could never find out anything about it, which wasn't surprising as the guy then said they'd never made a two tone which felt pretty good when he saw the pics I sent him !

After the 100cs went into long term storage I'd made do with a very reliable 1994 Citroen ZX Avantage as it reminded me of a lot of popular films in the day, but 2 or 3 years ago I started searching for a one owner 2003/4 A4 2.0 FSI estate petrol manual with a good Audi service history and finally luckily nabbed one a few days ago for £1250 with 12 months MOT in something called a Trade Disposal Sale. 143,000 on the clock but in amazing condition so very pleased indeed after waiting for so long.

Finally this being my most modern car ever (!) I'm still trying to get used to 21st C things most of all the dashboard and all the lights and info everywhere, however the guy i/c who was very helpful said that there's a problem with the injector as the intermittent engine light keeps flashing on and off but it shouldn't be a problem so any advice would be most welcome thanks....:)