PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 what's recommended

wee_gua
13-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Good evening folks, currently on the look out for the new Q7, originally went and test drove and A7 s line 3.0 but the misses spotted the new Q7 hidden in a corner of Glasgow Audi, so was agreed that I would take the sales managers Q7 out the next day as they didn't have a demo one. Anyway I fell in love with the bloody thing and now I am in the process of getting my order ready if Glasgow Audi can ever email me back! How hard is it to get an extended test drive out of these buggers, I am struggling to get more that 20-30 mins out of them which I think is ridicules when your about to spend near on 60K for a motor.

anybody on here have any luck getting a good demo of the new Q7?

So so spec wise will be 3.0 272 s line, colour is undecided yet was thinking of a red but as I've not seen one in red I'm not sure, will most likely be white and maybe with the black styling pack, what the opinions on the pack? Wheels will be the 21 twin spoke titanium

been thinking of adding a tow bar but can this be hidden? Does it completely fold away or is it still on show?

interior or will be fairly standard apart from
audi virtual cockpit
ambient lighting
reverse camera
flat bottom steering wheel

thisnwhat I hope it will look like.

please let me know your thoughts opinions with spec etc, anything that's a must?

thanks

Gus

Skippy73
13-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Hi Gus and welcome, you will get plenty of opinions here that's for sure. I love the choice in the photo looks amazing.

I went black and standard 20" S line wheels because I didn't get the air suspension and I didn't want the ride to be to harsh. But I would of loved the 21"s titanium just as you have chosen.

Will you get the air suspension do you think? Might be a good investment. Just about every review you read or watch says the air suspension is worth the investment.

Again welcome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Hi Gus, +1 on the photo. They had a similar one on the SQ7 review that Autogefuehl did on YouTube.

Possibly consider upgrading the Virtual Cockpit to the Tech Pack if you want suff like Google Earth beyond the free 3 month subscription. Other than that, the main regrets on the forum have been the advanced key and BOSE sound system from memory.

The base spec is so good though that you won't be disappointed.

I have the air suspension and it is fantastic, but I did the test drive on the standard suspension and was blown away - compared to x5 m-sport (old car) and the xc90 R-design (car I was about to buy).

If Volvo were doing better discount, I would be in an xc90 by now. It was only that they were coming out a lot more expensive than the Q7 quotes that I thought I'd better drive one. Took the family on the Q7 test drive and placed the order an hour later!

Good choice!

Q7newbie
13-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Hey Gus, pm with who you're dealing at Glasgow. I've bought more cars from them than I care to remember, so I know a good number of the better guys there and could help you arrange and extended test drive if you want...

And, as stated: definitely get the air suspension and the matrix LEDs. They're integral to you getting the very best out of it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Hi Gus. I've gone for both Black Pack and Titanium wheels too, so good choice. My local dealer's demo was white with those wheels and it looked great. No black pack though. I had it for a day while they were servicing my A6, it just confirmed I'd made a great decision to commit to one. My original order was on standard springs I have since amended to air suspension after reading just how good it is. Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMB7
14-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Tow bar is completely hidden when folded away.