PDA

View Full Version : Winter tyres showing on the order tracker

Lee Gatland
13-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Last month I ordered a Q7 SLine in Ink Blue, with delivery penciled in for October. Having followed the forum for a while I decided to check the order status on Your Audi. No surprises it has been stuck in order received for a while.

However noticed today, when looking at the spec it lists under wheels, as well as the standard SLine 20" wheels it also lists 17" winter tyres.

Has anyone else noticed that? And if you have, are these now part of the standard spec? (I certainly didn't order them and they don't appear on the order documention from the dealer)

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Last month I ordered a Q7 SLine in Ink Blue, with delivery penciled in for October. Having followed the forum for a while I decided to check the order status on Your Audi. No surprises it has been stuck in order received for a while.

However noticed today, when looking at the spec it lists under wheels, as well as the standard SLine 20" wheels it also lists 17" winter tyres.

Has anyone else noticed that? And if you have, are these now part of the standard spec? (I certainly didn't order them and they don't appear on the order documention from the dealer)

Hi Lee,

I think it's a common bug. Congrats on the new order!

satyp
13-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Indeed, welcome to the Deja Vu party.. [emoji3] posted same question on here a short while back with a picture... Consensus is ..it's a potential bug or default of sorts

hoping to receive my ink blue next month..

Audi have no 17`s so if i see them I won't be driving off with `em. Will share in any case..

Happy ☺ waiting..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Lee Gatland
13-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks. Look forward to seeing pictures of an ink blue Q7. Almost went Sepang blue, but bottled it at the last minute as though might be a bit bright for such a big car.

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the order Lee. I went on "Your Audi" today as my amended order had finally changed after going in three weeks ago. The first thing I checked was the tyre bug and it was still there. The very first time I saw it after my original order had gone in I panicked and wanted to call the dealer straight away. "I didn't want winter tyres". Then the last thread came on here about it and it set my mind at rest.

There was also a recent thread on here regards colour. Sepang Blue or not. Worth a read for you.

We'll be getting ours around the same time as I have just found out today that my Black Pack amendment has pushed my build out to September. The wait is killing me.

satyp
13-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks. Look forward to seeing pictures of an ink blue Q7. Almost went Sepang blue, but bottled it at the last minute as though might be a bit bright for such a big car.
Well it started with Orca Black with me.. Went to an iffy #Sepang with wife (but then thought smaller &/or other models looked better in that after she saw other cars.. They kids insisted on Ink Blue..

It was either that or going back to pearlescent Daytona which I really still like.. But it wasva case of “been there done that with the last one” so let's see..

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 09:32 PM
We'll be getting ours around the same time as I have just found out today that my Black Pack amendment has pushed my build out to September. The wait is killing me.

Oh no, that's not good! Be worth it when it arrives though.

Last week when the SQ7 became available I spec'd this one up with the black pack. Will look great on your car with 21 or 22".

I was just waiting for the numbers to come up and I got the email Saturday morning from National Lottery - unfortunately just £3.20...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/75147d4e162257aeccb2ee47dc668181.jpg

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Meant to add, fully loaded it came out at £111k!

satyp
13-06-2016, 09:33 PM
I hoping to seal the metallic ink blue with Gtechniq nano serum/Exo for detailing finishing to add some extra protection over few years..

Dealer is not going to submit a valeting ticket on receipt of the car.. But any protection would need to come off for PDI apparently..so hoping the delivery dates coincide with detailing availability.. [emoji50] [emoji102]

satyp
13-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Meant to add, fully loaded it came out at £111k!
Ouch..[emoji33] !

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 09:40 PM
I hoping to seal the metallic ink blue with Gtechniq nano serum/Exo for detailing finishing to add some extra protection over few years..

Dealer is not going to submit a valeting ticket on receipt of the car.. But any protection would need to come off for PDI apparently..so hoping the delivery dates coincide with detailing availability.. [emoji50] [emoji102]

Mine is going to the detailer on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing the results and how long it lasts.

He wasn't too fussed about them removing the protective film, but just advised me to tell them not to remove any residue from the film. I've washed it 3 times (very carefully - 2 bucket) and there is still some residue there.

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Oh no, that's not good! Be worth it when it arrives though.

Last week when the SQ7 became available I spec'd this one up with the black pack. Will look great on your car with 21 or 22".

I was just waiting for the numbers to come up and I got the email Saturday morning from National Lottery - unfortunately just £3.20...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/75147d4e162257aeccb2ee47dc668181.jpg

That would be exactly the spec I'd want (Exterior). £111k!!!!!!! Wow. Mine will have the 21's now as there's still no reference on their factory system of the 22's so could push it out delivery even further. I just want it ASAP, so final is Black Pack on 21's.

satyp
13-06-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm sure it will.. As apparently professional detailing is more about technique when comes to applying certain coatings.. I guess after care is just as important to prolong any protection

Im hoping to detailer does the initial hardwork for me..
My dealer said the covering will need to come off for PDI checks.. So not sure what exactly he meant..

But this is what was said

“*All new Audis are wrapped in protective cloth and plastic, I won’t submit a valeting ticket, so the shipping wax will remain on your Q7. Our technicians need to remove the wrapping however to carry out the Pre Delivery Inspection”

So I'm guess, same for you..

Share the before and after result and treatment hopefully

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Yes, the only bits they could leave on were the protective strips on the vertical part of the door frame. When I saw t1sh's car the other week with the film on, it tallied up with where I could see residue on mine. There's not a lot, just at various spots.

I will try and do some before and after close ups. Hopefully they'll come out.

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Thakey - any chance the build week might come back in or is the black pack definitely in short supply?

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Thakey - any chance the build week might come back in or is the black pack definitely in short supply?

It's only since I've added the Black Pack that my week has pushed out. I did however think of you and how much your build week went back and forth that you mentioned before. I could have had a car much earlier when I first placed the order, around late July, but as I'm away for a big chunk of August I thought that I may as well wait for a "66" plate in Sept. I've only got myself to blame. I keep driving up to the dealers just to catch a glimpse of one to get my fix........

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 10:38 PM
It's only since I've added the Black Pack that my week has pushed out. I did however think of you and how much your build week went back and forth that you mentioned before. I could have had a car much earlier when I first placed the order, around late July, but as I'm away for a big chunk of August I thought that I may as well wait for a "66" plate in Sept. I've only got myself to blame. I keep driving up to the dealers just to catch a glimpse of one to get my fix........

Better to get the car you want for the sake of a few weeks.

I did the same. I'd see something on YouTube and have to drive up at the weekend to check it out in person!

Let me know if they get an SQ7 in the showroom [emoji3]