PDA

View Full Version : SQ7 ordered!

Gyro
13-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Hello all...so the car was ordered today, same spec. as in my other thread and I included the advanced key without the knowledge of her in doors. Got a pretty good deal and managed to squeeze the GAP insurance (or TLC as they call it) out of them for free if I took the tyre/wheel insurance, which I was going to take anyway. Emailed the dealer right back asking for the order number so I could set up "yourAudi" but I got his out-of-office! Grrrr...not back in until Friday...hoping for a September delivery.

Anyway, I was flicking through the Q7 accessories brochure and can across the "Protection pack", basically rubber floor mats, mud flaps, and a rubber liner for the boot floor. Did anyone go for any of these? I'm thinking definitely rubber floor mats and I like the idea of the rubber boot liner which will mean the carpet isn't getting covered in muck from the pram wheels (this is the flexible rubber liner, not the £200 optional plastic "shell"). It could be a PITA as it would have to come out if I wanted to use the third row of seats. This is the reason I ditched the load fixing kit and partition net.

I'm not sure about the mud flaps though, and I can't find a picture of them on a new gen Q7 - anyone got them fitted? Would be keen to see how they look.

Also going to go for the seatback protectors for the back of the front seats - save me having to take the kids' shoes off every time I plonk them in their seats!

Cheers
G

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Exciting times! I think it took a week or so before I got the order number but even then it didn't work on the youraudi site until a couple of weeks after I'd placed the order with the dealer.

I haven't bothered with the boot liner as I'm never sure when I'll need the 7 seats and then your stuck with what to do with it.

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Congrats.

You can never have enough protection with kids jumping in and out. We always get the seat back protectors, it doesn't matter how many times you tell them they constantly kick the backs of the seats with their shoes on.

I opted for the reversible matt on the options list (not accessories) as I too was worried about when I need the third row. I read a review somewhere that said that particular matt folded up if the third row was needed. I'm yet to see what it looks like but it is rubber on one side.

Gyro
13-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Congrats.

You can never have enough protection with kids jumping in and out. We always get the seat back protectors, it doesn't matter how many times you tell them they constantly kick the backs of the seats with their shoes on.

I opted for the reversible matt on the options list (not accessories) as I too was worried about when I need the third row. I read a review somewhere that said that particular matt folded up if the third row was needed. I'm yet to see what it looks like but it is rubber on one side.

Cheers Thakey. I hadn't noticed that on the configurator, no pic. of it on the Audi website and Google images don't give a clear pic of it. I think the rubber liner is flexible enough to be folded in half quickly if the third row was required at short notice? Although I wouldn't want to force it in case put a permanent crease in it. Hmmmmmm.....anyone got this reversible boot mat?

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I haven't but was looking at them this morning briefly as I bought the cargo net.

This picture shows it a bit but other pics on a Q3 variant just looks poor fitting and cheap:

Reversible mat with bumper protection, black 4L7061210 9AM > Audi Genuine Accessories - Vorsprung durch Technik (https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/reversible-mat-with-bumper-protection-black-4l7061210--9am-14)

My kids have grown out of buggies now so not so much in need for it but was considering just to protect the bumper given it doesn't have the lower boot section like the X5.

Q3 pics half way down:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/reversible-boot-mat-liner.201960/

JMB7
13-06-2016, 04:57 PM
The reversible one will cover the whole boot with all the seats down. I got that for when the bike is in the boot. To be honest it doesn't fold up much smaller than the rubber mat that only covers with the rear two seats down. The reversible one can be rolled up to a point but it still takes up a fair bit of space and doesn't like staying rolled up.

I have both, reversible one will only be used when all rear seats are down.

Thakey17
13-06-2016, 04:59 PM
I haven't but was looking at them this morning briefly as I bought the cargo net.

This picture shows it a bit but other pics on a Q3 variant just looks poor fitting and cheap:

Reversible mat with bumper protection, black 4L7061210 9AM > Audi Genuine Accessories - Vorsprung durch Technik (https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/reversible-mat-with-bumper-protection-black-4l7061210--9am-14)

My kids have grown out of buggies now so not so much in need for it but was considering just to protect the bumper given it doesn't have the lower boot section like the X5.

Q3 pics half way down:
Reversible boot mat / liner? | Audi-Sport.net (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/reversible-boot-mat-liner.201960/)

Oh my God!!!!! It can't look that bad surely? That photo is shocking. Please can anyone that has the genuine Q7 factory order one send a photo. I really need to consider other options if it looks anything like that.

JMB7
13-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Will take some pics on Wednesday if nobody else has by then. The fold over bumper protection looks cheap like that but the rest of the mat is better. Soft on one side, rubber on the other.

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Typically after saying I don't need it, just picked the kids up on the way home and I think they'd been off-roading on their scooters!!

Might just get an old blanket in the boot tidy...

pitch3110
13-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Great stuff mate and good to hear. Now the wait..................

Pitch

Gyro
14-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Thanks for that. Interesting that you say the reversible one doesn't fold up smaller than the rubber one. Given that, and the fact I won't have the middle row down much or the third row up much, I think I will go for the rubber mat. I will improvise if I need to use the third row!

Thanks all.

Nemo78
14-06-2016, 10:21 AM
I have the options listed one and ditched that straight away as hate it! Managed to sell it back to dealers in version 1 of the car.

Instead I opted for the £70ish pound plasticy liner which is great for the pushchair etc.

Only downside is yes you need to take it out if using 6/7 seats...no bother really as you have to also ditch the boot cover if using those seats.

The one thing about the plastic boot liner is that with the second row seats fully back the liner doesn't quite fit...

Re mats - I bought the rubber mats as I prefer them only as I don't like getting the carpet ones wet and dirty.

Would love to take some pics for you but don't have the car at the moment...

Edit: Major congrats on ordering the SQ!!

Gyro
14-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I have the options listed one and ditched that straight away as hate it! Managed to sell it back to dealers in version 1 of the car.

Instead I opted for the £70ish pound plasticy liner which is great for the pushchair etc.

Only downside is yes you need to take it out if using 6/7 seats...no bother really as you have to also ditch the boot cover if using those seats.

The one thing about the plastic boot liner is that with the second row seats fully back the liner doesn't quite fit...

Re mats - I bought the rubber mats as I prefer them only as I don't like getting the carpet ones wet and dirty.

Would love to take some pics for you but don't have the car at the moment...

Edit: Major congrats on ordering the SQ!!

Cheers Nemo! It is the £75 one I am contemplating, but it's rubber not plastic by the look of it? I think the plastic one is £200? Anyway, here is a screenshot of the accessories brochure; it is the £75 "01 Luggage Compartment Shell" I am talking about. The £200 plastic-looking one is "02 Luggage Compartment Tray" I think. Which one do you have?

EDIT: defo sold on the rubber mats front and rear for the same reasons. Would be good to hear from anyone who has mud flaps too?

srbsq7
14-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Might be worth a look at bootliners.co.uk? Their mat seems to have a high lip and covers more of the boot and only £29.99.

Nemo78
14-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Cheers Nemo! It is the £75 one I am contemplating, but it's rubber not plastic by the look of it? I think the plastic one is £200? Anyway, here is a screenshot of the accessories brochure; it is the £75 "01 Luggage Compartment Shell" I am talking about. The £200 plastic-looking one is "02 Luggage Compartment Tray" I think. Which one do you have?

EDIT: defo sold on the rubber mats front and rear for the same reasons. Would be good to hear from anyone who has mud flaps too?

That's the one I have...it's defo plastic and not rubber [emoji1360]

Gyro
14-06-2016, 11:18 AM
That's the one I have...it's defo plastic and not rubber [emoji1360]

Cheers Nemo. I assume then that is can't be rolled up if you unexpectedly need to use the third row?

Gyro
14-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Might be worth a look at bootliners.co.uk? Their mat seems to have a high lip and covers more of the boot and only £29.99.

Great shout...is it worth the extra £45 to have the Q7 logo though 😬😜

Nemo78
14-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Cheers Nemo. I assume then that is can't be rolled up if you unexpectedly need to use the third row?

Nope defo not...you end up having to leave it behind

Nemo78
14-06-2016, 11:21 AM

They didn't have one from memory originally when I got mine...but worth a look now.

Funny thing actually when I was having boot issues originally with the car as in not opening/closing first thing the tech looked to blame was the liner until he noticed it was the original Audi one and said 'well it can't be that as that's genuine' [emoji23]

Gyro
14-06-2016, 11:36 AM
They didn't have one from memory originally when I got mine...but worth a look now.

Funny thing actually when I was having boot issues originally with the car as in not opening/closing first thing the tech looked to blame was the liner until he noticed it was the original Audi one and said 'well it can't be that as that's genuine' [emoji23]

That is unbelievable - I hate the way some of these techs have no ability to properly analyse and troubleshoot and think with an engineering/problem solving mentality. It really p155es me off big time.

ANYWAY...thinking about bootliners.co.uk. I wonder if the SQ7 will have a different-shaped boot floor due to the batteries for the 48 volt system/extra wiring etc. Given that you can spec. these items for the SQ7 on the Audi configurator, I assume the boot space is identical to the S Line/SE but you never know!

maxw
14-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Does the SQ7 have 3rd row seats still?

Gyro
14-06-2016, 03:27 PM
I think so...but you've got me paranoid now so will double check! :biglaugh:

srbsq7
14-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Does the SQ7 have 3rd row seats still?

I believe it's still the default config for UK. Only the e-tron can't have the 7 seats.

maxw
14-06-2016, 06:46 PM
I couldn't really see any where it said 7 seats but also not seen it don't have 7 seats
was wondering this due to the extra battery in the boot to power the elec turbo

if you have a Bose system there is no room left under the boot flooring so not sure where they would put it with out removing the 3rd row seats

having said that on the SQ7 photo it does show 7 head rests

srbsq7
14-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Pic and confirmation in last sentence New Audi SQ7 revealed | Autocar (http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-audi-sq7-revealed)

srbsq7
14-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Looking at this photo, the battery is the grey/black box mounted vertically just behind the rear axel

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160614/921b440cb083b6caa1c7a9f3ce318089.jpg

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Congrats!

maxw
15-06-2016, 04:55 PM
I was watching a you tube vid of the SQ7 and the one on test only had 5 seats and and the way he was talking was you can either have 5 or 7 seats but is 7 seats and option extra or is the 5 seats an option extra like the standed Q7?

maxw
15-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Love the look of the cut out SQ it's nice to see where every thing is

the add blue tank looks strange stuck behind the rear wheel
i always thought it was next to the fuel tank

not sure why the twin exhaust pipes go through one rear box weather these are seperate but in one box?

wonder what the round dome type exhaust bits are? Unless this is part of the active exhaust noise you can have in dynamic mode?
Guessing there not the cats as always thought the cat is upfront?

another strange thing for me is why have the 48v battery in the boot when it powers the elec turbo
alot of extra runs of cable understand not under the bonnet due to heat build up but could of been stored under the floor like the main battery is under the driver side footwell floor

interesting layout

srbsq7
15-06-2016, 05:07 PM
I thought the same about the ad blue tank. You would have thought having 24l there would no be great weight distribution!

maxw
15-06-2016, 05:15 PM
I thought the same about the ad blue tank. You would have thought having 24l there would no be great weight distribution!

There is nothing to balance it out on the other side and nearly 5 gallons it's quite a weight but guess you won't notice