PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Default Auto Distance | ACC | Q7 4M

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Still work in progress but I'm getting there. I've managed to enable the adjustment of the default distance that ACC is on when you enable it (I think its "3" by default). Its not working 100% yet, but will keep you posted

Here it is on my MMI

On a side note I'm talking to the forum moderators to get a post setup thats a "sticky" at the top of this Q7 forum where we can keep all the codings we uncover for all to use. (at their own risk :D )

Andy

anemeth
10-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Andy,

"post setup thats a "sticky" at the top of this Q7 forum where we can keep all the codings we uncover for all to use"

Thanks, this is a great idea:D, when (and if) I get mine, I will definitely play with it.

Arpad

Bathurst
10-06-2016, 02:44 PM
There is a thread on the same thing on the USA forum's, dealers seem to be able to enable it upon request.

Adaptive Cruise (ACC) default distance setting - AudiWorld Forums (http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/adaptive-cruise-acc-default-distance-setting-2899288/)

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the post Bathurst... if anyone fancies asking a UK dealer to do it, then let us know the results. I have it working but the settings aren't sticking all the time.

That post is great, but sadly the users there didnt get a glimpse of what the engineers actually "did" which would give me the clues to complete it on my car and negate the need to go to a dealer.

But interesting that dealers (at least in US) will entertain it...

srbsq7
10-06-2016, 03:25 PM
I'd seen that too. I was going to ask the dealer to do it when it goes in to have the microphone issue fixed. I just wanted to check the UK manual to see if these settings were referred to in there as I believe the US guys were using that as the justification. You guys have reminded me and just checked both UK and US manual and can't see a reference to that menu so not sure I'll get far!

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 03:52 PM
give it a try mate.. sometimes it depends on the dealer (and their skill level)... nothing to lose!