PDA

View Full Version : So what's the damage.

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 09:16 PM
So what unfortunate mishaps have you had (Andy's major mirror take out springing to mind) with your new 4M.

Classic tonight, motor in the garage, walked out scratched my leg and must have hit the tailgate release on the key...... Carried on walking until the penny dropped, turned legged it back as the tailgate hit the garage door........

fortunately just oust a very minor mark which I am sure scratch X will take care of. bloody annoying though.

Pitch

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:24 PM
The mirror (but fixed)...

and trying to be careful not to scratch the matte wrap...

set the height of the tailgate so it doesnt hit the garage door (assuming garage door is an up and over door)?

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 09:29 PM
The mirror (but fixed)...

and trying to be careful not to scratch the matte wrap...

set the height of the tailgate so it doesnt hit the garage door (assuming garage door is an up and over door)?

Can you do this on our model buddy??

ta
Pitch

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:33 PM
yup, just open the tailgate and then grab the tailgate to stop it where you want. Hold the button down on the tailgate (that normally closes it) for about 5 seconds. It will make a rising "beep beep beep" so will store the new height it always stops at

I have it so it stops just before my garage door when my garage door is open.

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 09:44 PM
yup, just open the tailgate and then grab the tailgate to stop it where you want. Hold the button down on the tailgate (that normally closes it) for about 5 seconds. It will make a rising "beep beep beep" so will store the new height it always stops at

I have it so it stops just before my garage door when my garage door is open.

Another pint I owe you Andy, cheers fella you are a fountain of knowledge and a top bloke.......when you are not mentioning Adv Key. ��

Does make a funny blip as it flashes the indicators.

Pitch

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Pleasure mate... always happy to help. Now no excuses for it hitting the garage door now!

I'd kill for a pint right now...

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Ouch! Glad the damage sounds minor. Can you set the boot not to open so high or doesn't it work for normal use?

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Another pint I owe you Andy, cheers fella you are a fountain of knowledge and a top bloke.......when you are not mentioning Adv Key. 😉

Does make a funny blip as it flashes the indicators.

Pitch
Just in case ..[emoji6]

Audi Q5 Power Tailgate Trick - YouTube (https://youtu.be/1Gqlo4Xyyfw)

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Ouch! Glad the damage sounds minor. Can you set the boot not to open so high or doesn't it work for normal use?

Yarp, see above and below matey.

Pitch

sm02fly
09-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Managed to come back to the car after nipping to the town market place to find the engine still running...

It appears sometimes selecting park and removing your seatbelt turns the engine off... I've not worked out the circumstances of why it doesn't allow Auto-off sometimes and not others when selecting park...

andyhud007
09-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Yup, happened to me too Sm02fly....

sometimes not pressing the start/stop button on the dash hard enough doesnt turn engine off.. at least thats what I noticed.

sm02fly
09-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Think I was lulled into a false sense of security of not needing to press the stop button at all... Usually after reversing onto the driveway, then selecting park the car would auto-stop and go to 'Ready' on the rev counter. Then undoing the drivers seatbelt would change the status to 'Off'. Seems it doesn't always happen though...

Maybe I need to RTFM... seems to centre around the auto-stop kicking in.

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 11:33 AM
According to the manual, this shouldn't happen. There are a couple of scenarios described which result in the ignition being switched off, but the first one should cover most occasions:
1) If the engine in a stop phase and the vehicle locked from outside.
2) Engine in stop phase, vehicle stationary and driver has left the vehicle and the engine not started within 30 seconds

Also, if you leave the vehicle (I assume via drivers door!!) during a stop phase, the engine will only restart within 30 seconds if:
1) drivers door is shut, seat belt engaged and brake depressed or
2) drivers door shut, brake depressed and gear engaged

I can't think of a scenario that you guys could have done which would have bypassed this? Other than the car is so quiet you didn't hear the engine and just got out and locked it! :D

andyhud007
09-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I think its the last scenario mate... i got out and didnt realise it was still running. that simple

In a noisy car park its hard to hear when idle

NickTyler
10-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I have noticed this as well. If it is in a stop cycle and the radio on when you get out the radio stays on until you lock. if you hit the off button the radio and dash turn off when you open the door. If you leave the engine running it just carries on but I have never tested for how long.

Back to the topic the damage to my car was done by the dealer scratching the crap out of it when doing the prep and ironically named Auto Glym Life Shine. Took £1,000 to get a professional detailer to correct it and apply a decent protective coat...

srbsq7
10-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Reminded me - i tried this last night, reversed onto the drive, selected Park and got out with the engine stopped. After 30 seconds or so, the ignition switched off by itself and then I locked it.

Nick - ouch! did they contribute or refund the auto glym cost?

pitch3110
27-10-2016, 08:16 PM
My names Pitch and I have parked a rear door on a concrete post in the underground car park of Novotel Leeds. There you go said it.......

Had a wonderful few days in York visiting big son and family then we headed to Leeds Tuesday for some retail and to see the ***** football match. Gutted our feeder club beat us and even more gutted manovering out of England's smallest, tightest and busiest underground hotel car park. Nothing major just a £500 door blow in. Ouch.....

So apart from from Andy's mirror anyone else modified their Q??

pitch

wolek76
27-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Do 'engraved' wheels count in? :)
I've had the car since April and drove it in London 90% of the time. When speccing the car I didn't pick 360cameras because of the £££. BUT after a month of London's curbs I decided to retrofit the 360cam package at Hazydayz.
The damage was done though.
I'll see if I can make these dissappear before MK meet..... :)

pitch3110
27-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Yep you are in with wheels, so club stands at:

1. Andy (mirror)
2. Pitch (tailgate, although tiny)
3. Pitch again (rear drivers side door)
4. wolek (Alloys)

wolek76
27-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a very exclusive club to be in... :biglaugh:
Thanks!

MicaBlue
28-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Do 'engraved' wheels count in? :)
I've had the car since April and drove it in London 90% of the time. When speccing the car I didn't pick 360cameras because of the £££. BUT after a month of London's curbs I decided to retrofit the 360cam package at Hazydayz.
The damage was done though.
I'll see if I can make these dissappear before MK meet..... :)

So that was you! I was there the next day having advanced key fitted, they mentioned the Q7 they had which had 360 fitted.
So presumably this is your car they used for the photos:
Front Rear & side cameras - Genuine Audi Overview II - Supply & Fit - Q7 4M A4 8W (http://hazzydayz.com/front-rear--side-cameras---genuine-audi-overview-ii---supply--fit---q7-4m-a4-8w-7669-p.asp)

this is mine, in Mica Blue:

Keyless Entry System Upgrade - Audi A4 8W A5 8W Q7 4M New Q5 - Supply & Fit (http://hazzydayz.com/keyless-entry-system-upgrade---audi-a4-8w-a5-8w-q7-4m-new-q5---supply--fit-7817-p.asp)

wolek76
28-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes. It was me indeed...
I had to go there once more to have the cameras calibrated as at the pick up the calibration package hadn't arrived yet. But after a week all was sorted.
Must admit they were quite good.

MicaBlue
28-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Yes. It was me indeed...
I had to go there once more to have the cameras calibrated as at the pick up the calibration package hadn't arrived yet. But after a week all was sorted.
Must admit they were quite good.

Yes I found them to be superb. They also retrofitted memory seats for me. They couldn't fix the towbar coding issue though. Although if as Andy says it's only the dealer who can sort that then that explains why.

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:32 AM
You need to add 2 items for me. Mirror and passenger side of car had to be "re-wrapped" due to a narrow lane and nice scratch all the way down it from some 'foliage'

HazyDays have always been pretty good from what I've heard, great retrofit Wolek! Be keen to know how the Adv Key RetroFit goes!

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Yes I found them to be superb. They also retrofitted memory seats for me. They couldn't fix the towbar coding issue though. Although if as Andy says it's only the dealer who can sort that then that explains why.

Get it re-calibrated at a dealer mate... if errors are still thrown up at least it rules all them out.

dghdgh
28-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Very very slight scrape on drivers door mirror whilst trying to get out of the side streets in the medieval Spanish city of Zaragoza, blind man won't notice it until I get my mirror caps.:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

pitch3110
28-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Updates added

1. Andy (mirror)
2. Pitch (tailgate, although tiny)
3. Pitch again (rear drivers side door)
4. wolek (Alloys)
5. Andy (message to himself only use dual carriageways)
6. dghdgh (door mirror and must add mirror caps to Christmas list)

Come on chaps lets get this list to double figures by Christmas ......... only kidding and be safe.

Pitch

satyp
28-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Suffice to say even if you look at these 4M's a "wrong way" and it ends up with a scratch.. :-0 [emoji15] [emoji1]

not sure what other materials besides aluminium are in these 4M models !

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk