PDA

View Full Version : Straw poll...

Gyro
08-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Straw poll...Daytona Grey or Sepang Blue?

Was dead set on Sepang but I'm really not sure now!

First world problems...:aargh4:

Thanks all
G

satyp
08-06-2016, 07:26 AM
#Sepang

After seeing the other one on here esp

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Nemo78
08-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Have Daytona, had Sprint on my previous and loved that making Sepang and obvious choice.

Reason I didn't change was I was nervous that the Q was too big to pull off Sepang, but having seen pics on here loving Sepang.

However to throw a spanner in the works...if I was ordering now i'd have a real dilemma...and that's because you can now buy black with black styling pack...

So Daytona, Sepang and all black.

Realise I haven't answered your question but let's say Sepang!

Thakey17
08-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Sorry Gyro I'm bias so it's Daytona Grey for me. Saying that all of the pics I've seen of Sepang Blue I do love. Have a look at Stoke Audi's one with the black pack. It looks great. I'm yet to see one in the flesh so still not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 07:48 AM
I have Daytona and really pleased with it. Compared to my last car (carbon black) it seems to look cleaner for longer.

I really like the pics of the Sepang too, but after seeing the post last night with the SQ7, Daytona and 22" wheels, I would be going with that.

Gyro
08-06-2016, 08:07 AM
I have Daytona and really pleased with it. Compared to my last car (carbon black) it seems to look cleaner for longer.

I really like the pics of the Sepang too, but after seeing the post last night with the SQ7, Daytona and 22" wheels, I would be going with that.

It's that picture that has got me thinking about Daytona. I saw a Sepang Q7 yesterday and it did look good, but the Daytona looks stunning in that pic. I showed it to my missus and her reply was "Blue looks sporty but the grey looks classy"......!

Gyro
08-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Sorry Gyro I'm bias so it's Daytona Grey for me. Saying that all of the pics I've seen of Sepang Blue I do love. Have a look at Stoke Audi's one with the black pack. It looks great. I'm yet to see one in the flesh so still not sure.

Is this the one you mean: Runtime Error (http://www.stokeaudi.co.uk/vehicle/audi/q7/61460?tab=vehicle-specification-tab)

It looks amazing...similarly to the Daytona Grey, I didn't like in on the picture in the configurator but that one at Stoke looks great. Do those black wheels on the Stoke car come as part of the black pack? Not sure if the standard 22s would "go" with the black pack?

Thakey17
08-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Is this the one you mean: Runtime Error (http://www.stokeaudi.co.uk/vehicle/audi/q7/61460?tab=vehicle-specification-tab)

It looks amazing...similarly to the Daytona Grey, I didn't like in on the picture in the configurator but that one at Stoke looks great. Do those black wheels on the Stoke car come as part of the black pack? Not sure if the standard 22s would "go" with the black pack?

I think it's all after market. They must have a local car mod place that does it. Theyve had Black Pack cars for ages and the packs weren't available through Audi.

t1sh
08-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I know I might be bias as I got Sepang however Q7 looks great. Only thing I am sorry about is that I missed to add the black pack. No idea who though? I guess I should go to Specsavers! :) if you are willing to wait another few days until next Tuesday when I pick up the car from the detailer shop. I will make a video and take more photos. BTW I went for sound proofing windows instead of privacy glass and added manual sunshades. I can say that it does it for me considering the amount of sunny days in Poland. Which is anyway higher than in UK! :)

I must say Daytona Grey would have been my second choice! [emoji41]

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Thats a tough call. If mine wasnt wrapped I would have said Sepang, but after seeing Daytona Grey and the dark rear lights, I think my mind has changed!

Gyro
08-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks folks. I think I am leaning towards Sepang again...wife doesn't want black pack as she wants it "to be shiny". £700 saved I suppose...

Nemo78
08-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks folks. I think I am leaning towards Sepang again...wife doesn't want black pack as she wants it "to be shiny". £700 saved I suppose...

Funny isn't it....my wife hates the shiney and would go black pack (just wasn't available for me)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thakey17
08-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Either way it's going to look great. I've just now received an email from the dealer saying there is a problem with the Black Pack. Not sure what and if it's a delay but I'll keep you all posted.

Andy, I still have the dark lights ordered but am in 2 minds still. I'll see how the whole thing looks. Still months to go. Ahhhhh

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Black pack only works for me on dark colours or white. Each to their own I guess!

t1sh
08-06-2016, 09:37 AM

This is what my wife said! No point spending more on thing that wouldn't actually give the car anything extra but look outside.

I went for black roof rails! I know a bit odd however I do like them! :)

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 10:14 AM

The wheels cost £600 to get powder coated. You could get them done elsewhere, but because they are done by Stoke Audi, all their warranties, guarantees etc are by Audi. Which I like because it keeps things neat if ever a problem arose.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I know I might be bias as I got Sepang however Q7 looks great. Only thing I am sorry about is that I missed to add the black pack. No idea who though? I guess I should go to Specsavers! :) if you are willing to wait another few days until next Tuesday when I pick up the car from the detailer shop. I will make a video and take more photos. BTW I went for sound proofing windows instead of privacy glass and added manual sunshades. I can say that it does it for me considering the amount of sunny days in Poland. Which is anyway higher than in UK! :)

I must say Daytona Grey would have been my second choice! [emoji41]
Are there no aftermarket places in Poland that can do the black optics for you?

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Funny isn't it....my wife hates the shiney and would go black pack (just wasn't available for me)

Women! That's why it's best they aren't involved in the configuration process! 😂

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Tell her the Sepang is "shiny" enough! Go with the black pack. You won't regret it.

t1sh
08-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Are there no aftermarket places in Poland that can do the black optics for you?

Not sure but really not bothered.....for now.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 11:12 AM
The wheels cost £600 to get powder coated. You could get them done elsewhere, but because they are done by Stoke Audi, all their warranties, guarantees etc are by Audi. Which I like because it keeps things neat if ever a problem arose.

Damn that Sepang Blue and Black wheels are nice.... ARRGHHHHH I want a new car now. lol

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 08:35 PM

you know what they say........when you have had back..........

Gyro
08-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Steady!

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Steady!

Sorry I should have added 'Edition'. Having had an A5 coupe Black Edition and A6 Black Edition it was a real pull to have to return to chrome.

Pitch

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Damn that Sepang Blue and Black wheels are nice.... ARRGHHHHH I want a new car now. lol
It's such a sexy combination! 😍 😍 😍

Since you're gonna be on the configurator tonight setting up your new car, can I get your postcode so I can come get your "old" pile of black Q7 ash?! 😂

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:26 PM
:drive:

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 09:27 PM
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I didn't realize that lil adage applies to cars too!

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:49 PM
    
I didn't realize that lil adage applies to cars too!

I concur* lol

*car adage only.