PDA

View Full Version : SQ7 Wheels

Thakey17
07-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Some of you lucky people with SQ7 orders may laugh. Unfortunately my budget couldn't quite get to the SQ7, however I'm totally in love with the 22" wheels that are an option. I want them.:1zhelp:.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but has anyone got any experience with Audi in the past with trying to order parts that are not available on certain models? I'm going to ask the dealer but would like an idea whether this is a pipe dream or a possibility. I've got the 21" titanium wheels spec'd on my car, but they now do nothing for me since I've seen the 22". Would Audi even contemplate fitting them to my standard Q7 or will they say, "sorry sir, that will be another £20,000 if that's what you want".

M1tchy
07-06-2016, 10:17 PM
They will sell you the parts (subject to availability) and they will almost certainly fit them for you. Can't see them being cheap though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gyro
07-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Some of you lucky people with SQ7 orders may laugh. Unfortunately my budget couldn't quite get to the SQ7, however I'm totally in love with the 22" wheels that are an option. I want them.:1zhelp:.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but has anyone got any experience with Audi in the past with trying to order parts that are not available on certain models? I'm going to ask the dealer but would like an idea whether this is a pipe dream or a possibility. I've got the 21" titanium wheels spec'd on my car, but they now do nothing for me since I've seen the 22". Would Audi even contemplate fitting them to my standard Q7 or will they say, "sorry sir, that will be another £20,000 if that's what you want".

I know what you mean, they are amazing and I've specced them on mine. You can only but ask. I remember buying a Q7 that was on display in the showroom and they would not under any circumstances change the 20s to 21s no matter how much I jumped up and down (was willing to pay the price from the options list as the 21s I wanted were available to spec. on a new build). Maybe try different dealership franchises and you never know your luck, I really hope you get sorted mate as I know what alloy envy is like!

On another subject, that pic you posted, is that Daytona Grey? Looks amazing, much better than on the configurator...may need to rethink the Sepang Blue!

Thakey17
07-06-2016, 10:45 PM
I'll ask the question and see what can be done. Regards price I will be hoping for a subsidised price based on an upgrade from the 21s that I've spec'd as I'd agree you could buy them from Audi parts for a small fortune.

Gyro that colour is Daytona Grey. It's a screen shot from a German review. It looks stunning. My standard Q7 will be Daytona Grey with Black Pack. Those wheels would set it off. So glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the 22 option.

Nemo78
07-06-2016, 10:52 PM
You can spec these on the Q7 for £2,300....

All in the new June brochure

Thakey17
07-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Seriously???? I'm so excited. I'm going to check now. It's not on the configurator.

Nemo78
07-06-2016, 10:58 PM
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/q7.pdf

Thakey17
07-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Nemo you're right. Just checked. Phone call to dealer tomorrow. Thank you, you're a legend.

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 10:08 AM
I'll ask the question and see what can be done. Regards price I will be hoping for a subsidised price based on an upgrade from the 21s that I've spec'd as I'd agree you could buy them from Audi parts for a small fortune.

Gyro that colour is Daytona Grey. It's a screen shot from a German review. It looks stunning. My standard Q7 will be Daytona Grey with Black Pack. Those wheels would set it off. So glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the 22 option.

Yeah, your best bet will be to ask around a few dealers. Some are more flexible than others. From personal experience, I can vouch for Glasgow Audi and Stoke Audi. More so the latter. This was evidenced by the fact that straight from launch of the current Q7, Stoke Audi was "making" their own black styling pack (black powder coated alloys too) using their in-house bodyshop for any customer that wanted it.
So I don't see it being an issue for them to fit these alloys for you.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Yeah, your best bet will be to ask around a few dealers. Some are more flexible than others. From personal experience, I can vouch for Glasgow Audi and Stoke Audi. More so the latter. This was evidenced by the fact that straight from launch of the current Q7, Stoke Audi was "making" their own black styling pack (black powder coated alloys too) using their in-house bodyshop for any customer that wanted it.
So I don't see it being an issue for them to fit these alloys for you.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yep, defo ring around... my dealer wrapped mine with all the warranties etc.. so its do-able.. but more dealer specific (particularly as they can be franchises)

Thakey17
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
So, I contacted the dealer today to ask about amending my order and adding the 22s . Apparently the Audi factory system doesn't even show them yet. Why are they on the brochure but not on their system? My built slot is 1st August, so still a long way off, but if I want the wheels added I'm at risk of losing my slot and then the next available would be December???????

Why would a set of wheels cause such a delay? All is not lost yet as we may be able to see if it is possible for August once the wheels are on the factory system. Fingers crossed. I really want them now.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Thakey, did your dealer say that if you want them added the next slot for delivery is december? holy cow...

Thakey17
08-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Basically if I 100% want them they can't confirm now that August is possible as they're not on their system. To guarantee I'd possibly loose my current slot and the next available is December. The biggest issue for me is I have a guaranteed px price on my A6 for Sept and I'd loose that if I change my build slot.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. You never know all might be good, but I've been asked to remind the dealer later in the month to check again.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Fair play mate.. best of luck...