PDA

View Full Version : GAP insurance

Gyro
07-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Has anyone taken Audi's GAP insurance with their Q7? I am expecting it to be more expensive than your general GAP insurance companies...would be good to know of any good recommendations that beat Audi on price?

Thanks in advance folks
G

srbsq7
07-06-2016, 07:02 AM
I went with the Audi GAP/RTI policy. I did have a quick look round using some of the links someone posted on here and doing a general google search.

I think Audi's policy was £399 and a similar policy online was about £250.

There was discussion at the time about who the underwriter was with some of these polices / Audi and I just ran out of time to look into it enough so just went with Audi.

The saving wasn't enough for me to go elsewhere without having got the piece of mind they'd be as likely to pay out.

pitch3110
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Had a quote off Audi, fell of chair, picked myself up, used google (not in the Q7 as I have no data left) and saved £250.

Pitch

Gyro
07-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Had a quote off Audi, fell of chair, picked myself up, used google (not in the Q7 as I have no data left) and saved £250.

Pitch

Cheers Pitch. Do you mind me asking who you used? Thinking of tyre/wheel/dent cover too...

Starting to think more about these things more now, as I got my spec. finalised today and played off Aberdeen Audi against Edinburgh Audi - as per your experience Edinburgh beat what was already a pretty awesome deal from Aberdeen Audi. Looking at delivery Mid-September.

elrao
07-06-2016, 10:10 PM
I used ALA for my RS3, will use for the Q7 too most likely. Audi quote for the RS3 (£27k second hand) was £599 (3 years) was something like £141 with ALA for 3 years and 11% cashback through topcashback http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/kbrhrob