PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect - 3 month trial period ends

xtremist
06-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Well after 3 months, my trial period for the online content has come to an end and I must admit I was surprised by the amount of 'info' is no longer available

The main one for me is the online traffic updates. I'm going to contact our lease provider and see if they can get it activated again. Does anybody know the cost of the service?

inf0mike
08-06-2016, 08:10 PM
I have been asking for details on how to extend the service for the last month and have not received any answers from TWO dealerships. They do not seem to know. I will chase them and report back.

xtremist
09-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Poor show if dealers don't know how to extend the service :smashfrea

Scott K
09-06-2016, 08:02 AM
The A6 comes with 3 years - or it used to! Some of the guys on the A6 forum have got in touch with Audi customer service and had it upgraded for free after a few days. There are a couple of threads about it but it is worth a call. It was the same with those guys - nobody at the dealerships knew what to do.

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Try emailing service@audi.de. I contacted them about the train times being an hour ahead on Audi Connect.

They contacted me within 24 hours to say they'd routed to the UK support team and UK support called me a day later.

xtremist
10-06-2016, 07:49 AM
I did email them yesterday, so I'll see what response I get

bluebarchetta
11-06-2016, 05:54 AM
Regarding the train times, is this something we can sort, or are we waiting for them to update the service?

srbsq7
11-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Audi needs to sort. Be great if you can email the above address as one guy on Q7 forum raised this last year and still not fixed. The more complaints, the more likely they are to resolve.

bluebarchetta
12-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Done - thanks

xtremist
13-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Just had a call from Audi UK and at the moment the dealer network doesn’t have a system in place to renew the Audi connect system. Audi UK will however extend the service until the end of the year.

Must admit I find it comical that they give you a 3 month trial, then don’t have a system in place to renew it :biglaugh: I’m not complaining too much though, as it’s now free :beerchug:

bluebarchetta
14-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Try emailing service@audi.de. I contacted them about the train times being an hour ahead on Audi Connect.

They contacted me within 24 hours to say they'd routed to the UK support team and UK support called me a day later.

I got the same response.

Andy Irving
17-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Pretty good that they extended the 3 month trial, I have this on my BMW and pretty sure it will be invaluable in my A4, traffic alerts should be default though. Very cheeky to provide a sat navigation then charge more to get the functionality you expect out of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

xtremist
22-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Well my 'trial period' has just been extended by another 12 months :beerchug:

nathanrich
13-09-2016, 10:52 PM
I've had 6 calls with Audi UK customer services on this subject. I just want to extend the audi connect 3 month trial, but no one seems able to do this for me! It's as if I'm the first person on the planet to mention it to them. This issue has been going on for 2 months now.

Surely someone knows how to extend audi connect in audi customer services?! It's laughable.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. You guys got it extended for another year. Who did you speak to? What should I say? How did you succeed?

xtremist
14-09-2016, 12:33 PM
I had an email back from Audi UK (after emailing service@audi.de) and a follow up call a week or so later. It did take a couple of weeks to resolve, but it was extended. I pushed the issue with not having the live travel data and they seemed to respond.

Good luck

nathanrich
14-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the response.

It's already been 2 months since this was supposedly actioned. My case has now been escalated internally apparently.

All my audi connect features are set to expire in 2 days time at the end of my 3 month trial, except Online Traffic Information which has apparently been extended for 12 months.

I don't think it helps that each of the 15(ish) separate audi connect features all have their own individual licence period when you look in the MMI settings. Seems to cause confusion.

Hopefully it should get resolved, but there is no way audi customer services should be this unaware of what is on face value a very simple request.

Paintstripper
16-09-2016, 08:04 PM
I've had the same experience. My Connect licence ran out in late July and I've been trying ever since to get it renewed. I've had countless calls and emails with Audi UK, who kep saying they would sort it out, but haven't (except for the traffic info, which is now working again). Then yesterday, they called and said they couldn't renew it and I had to talk to a dealer. Dropped my dealer an email today, so we'll see what happens.

It's a bit of a joke that it can take this long.

spellsinger
16-09-2016, 09:41 PM
There seems to be a disconnect between the dealers and Audi UK, I have (from Audi UK) had both excellent service, and (being kind) not so excellent. The one constant seems to be that if problems occur with anything high-tech then Audi UK struggle, not sure why this is unless they are trying to do too much too soon? Or are Germany not giving them enough support/information? I hope it isn't a constant-problem that Audi become known for.

nathanrich
18-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Well my services have now expired. Audi called Friday saying they are still investigating and will call me back on Wednesday.

If anyone gets any luck extending their audi connect services, please make a note of the audi UK person who resolved it and post on here please. I will do likewise if I get anywhere this week.

Paintstripper
23-09-2016, 12:28 AM
Finally! It's sorted. The dealer emailed me back yesterday. They've been in touch with Germany, and everything is working again. 12 months licence. Why Audi UK spent 2 months messing around to no effect, I don't know.

Steve1803
01-10-2016, 12:38 PM
If it helps anyone out there! I can confirm that in my case, having entered the cars details onto the myAudi website that it shows that my car has a 3 year subscription to connect services shown under under optional equipment, infotainment