PDA

View Full Version : Remote Unlock/Lock Update - UK Q7 4M's

andyhud007
06-06-2016, 10:05 AM
So I've been emailing Audi about their Audi MMI app on my Android phone but they have also responded with an update about Remote Unlock/Lock. It appears it will come to UK cars, but only those with the embedded SIM which (correct me if I'm wrong) fell into MY17 cars.

Quote below from their email:

"Only UK specification Audi Q7’s built in the fourth quarter of 2016 will have the Remote Lock/Unlock functionality, as they are built with the availability of E-Sim. Unfortunately, it is not possible to have this function in your vehicle and no retro fit solution is available. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this will cause."

Thought I'd share this news. Seems I'm outta luck then.

Andy

Skippy73
06-06-2016, 10:15 AM
So I've been emailing Audi about their Audi MMI app on my Android phone but they have also responded with an update about Remote Unlock/Lock. It appears it will come to UK cars, but only those with the embedded SIM which (correct me if I'm wrong) fell into MY17 cars.

Quote below from their email:

"Only UK specification Audi Q7’s built in the fourth quarter of 2016 will have the Remote Lock/Unlock functionality, as they are built with the availability of E-Sim. Unfortunately, it is not possible to have this function in your vehicle and no retro fit solution is available. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this will cause."

Thought I'd share this news. Seems I'm outta luck then.

Andy
You may find somewhere to unlock it in the software. The apps functions mind respond to what it sees is enabled in the car through audi connect.

I can live without it though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andyhud007
06-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Possibly yeah, unless there is some security/lock that needs to talk to Audi HQ to get it activated... in the same way as new key fobs for example

Will need to get that meet organised with someone who has it so I can download their car config!

dghdgh
06-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I am struggling to see its use. Would it not be easier to use the fob to unlock the car. If you've left your car unlocked you should be flogged!!!:smashfrea
But If there is a use I cant think of I am open to be enlightened.

srbsq7
06-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I am struggling to see its use. Would it not be easier to use the fob to unlock the car. If you've left your car unlocked you should be flogged!!!:smashfrea
But If there is a use I cant think of I am open to be enlightened.

Main use I had for it with my X5 was if I went out the house without my keys, I could get into the car to open the garage, so I could get back in again!

How often do I do this? I've had the car two weeks and have already done it once!

Disappointing news but I had thought it would be the case.