PDA

View Full Version : Engine light on, error code P2454

mtbkitch
05-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Hi guys, got the P2454 code diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor low error code come up, can I replace the sensor myself or does it need coding to the car? Conflicting reports on the internet with some people successfully simply changing it and having the light turned off but others say it need to be adapted to the car?

Embisix
14-06-2016, 02:18 PM
It must be the season.

Mine came on yesterday evening (it also came for a day or so a few weeks back and then disappeared). Same issue, DPF Pressure sensor.

I've been reliably informed that physical replacement is a doddle. It's stuck on top of the engine, rear left corner. Simple Pop-off, pop-on affair however, you do need to get the fault codes cleared and the new sensor adapted (if it's the revised version you're installing).

Get it done sharpish though. If the sensor is not working you will clog up your DPF and eventually end up in limp mode with a potentially expensive DPF repair/replacement.

Mine's getting sorted Thursday morning which is just as well as I'm caning it down to Le Mans first thing Friday morning!

mtbkitch
14-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Well I had a guy at work scan it to double check I had the right code as my obd2 Bluetooth thing is a cheap ebay jobbie, anyway his gave a different code which is, P2196 oxygen (lambda) sensor B1 S1: signal too high (rich)! So it looks like its not the DPF sensor but the first Lambda sensor after the manifold, the engine light comes on for a day or 2 then goes out again, looks like its a dodgy sensor!

Embisix
16-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Well, that's mine sorted. New sensor and 5 minutes with VCDS and the light is out. Did about 100 miles mixed driving with the light on and the guy says there's only 9g of cack in the DPF (they regen at about 20) so no clogging and no harm done.