PDA

View Full Version : Top down view camera?

Gyro
05-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Can anyone tell if there is a top down view 360 degree surround camera option for the Q7? I have one on the X5 and really like it, but I can't see it on the configurator?

Does it come with either "parking pack plus" or "parking pack advanced"? The only difference I can see between the two is that you get the park assist function with advanced? No mention of surround camera on either...BUT it does get mentioned in the "parking assistance pack"...which as far as I can see is included in "parking pack advanced", but "parking pack advanced" doesn't mentioned surround camera!!!

First world problems...:aargh4:

pitch3110
05-06-2016, 10:16 AM
They sure do. The Audi 360 set up is great.

Gyro
05-06-2016, 10:44 AM
They sure do. The Audi 360 set up is great.

Cheers Pitch - do you have it on your Q7? If so which package did it come with?

Nemo78
05-06-2016, 10:54 AM

I have it on the PP Advanced which from memory was something like £1,800 but have only used the actual park assist bit twice as a gimmick...however the 360 cameras are brilliant

Gyro
05-06-2016, 11:10 AM
I have it on the PP Advanced which from memory was something like £1,800 but have only used the actual park assist bit twice as a gimmick...however the 360 cameras are brilliant

Cheers Nemo...hmmmmmm do I want to pay the ~£1,000 extra to get PP advanced over PP plus just to get the 360 degree camera (and the park assist which I probably won't use). I think so, as I use it a lot on the X5 and from memory it was a £700 option when I ordered it back in 2013.

I've always wondered if I'd trust park assist not to kerb the wheels...!

On another note, the SQ7 has gone live on the Audi UK website today...still no sign of the style pack, shame as I wanted running boards...

Nemo78
05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah the park assist I'm sure is useful at some point...it hasn't in the two occasions of use kerbed the car and has left a decent amount of space between wheel and kerb.

Spec'd up a SQ7 to £82k this morning [emoji15]

Did also notice no style pack but have also noticed you can now get black style pack on a black car which is a result

Gyro
05-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah I am about at £82k with my spec., got the figures through on Friday from the dealer and with my planned deposit the monthly PCP cost was much better that I was expecting, probably to do with the GMFV being quite high.

We're going Sepang Blue and I don't think the black pack looks right on it...would look awesome on a black car though.

Papereyes
05-06-2016, 11:42 AM
The parking assist pack gives you the 360 surround, the advanced parking pack is the parking assist + the Audi side assist + rear sense and rear exit warnings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitch3110
05-06-2016, 12:08 PM

No not on the Q7 but had them on my A6 and they were brilliant. I think others have answered regarding the packs.

Looks like you you will have one hell of a motor buddy.

Pitch

maxw
05-06-2016, 12:45 PM
I see the price of active suspension and nearly fell off me chair

then see the price of carbon ceramic breaks and did fall off me chair wow

part from that it's not a bad price compared to the Q7

i do wish that the SQ7 hand some different style so when it pass you you can tell it was a SQ7 at the moment apart from the noise it makes and the 4 exhausts ar the rear and a badge it looks the same as the Q7

one thing I was shocked about also is the lack of choice of wheels should again thought would have some exclustive wheel design

still a lovely car mind

i noticed that all new Q7 don't give you the choice of having a 6 pack CD player in the boot also I had this fitted to my Q7 and would miss that now if you listen to CDs a lot you got no chance of changing a cd on the move and it can't be space as its stuck in the side panel of the boot not under the boot floor

still would love a SQ7 jealous lol

ps the 360 deg camera view come part of the park assist plus it's some thing worth having as bleeps when you close to some thing at the side and with top view it also shows you with moving changing color bars when you get real close great when going through McDonald's drive through lol as kerb everywhere lol

M

srbsq7
05-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Parking Assist pack for 360 camera and auto parking.

Q7newbie
05-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah I am about at £82k with my spec., got the figures through on Friday from the dealer and with my planned deposit the monthly PCP cost was much better that I was expecting, probably to do with the GMFV being quite high.

We're going Sepang Blue and I don't think the black pack looks right on it...would look awesome on a black car though.
The black styling pack looks good on ANY colour! Black optics are the common denominator of automotive styling. There is a Sepang blue Q7 with black optics at Stoke Audi if that's near you at all. You could get a real world idea of how it would look.
I think with Sepang being such a bright and vibrant colour, that the silver optics just detract rather than add to the visuals.
I'm of the school that too much shiny magpie bright silver/aluminium details on a car make it look aftermarket/made-in-china (not it a good way!)

But that's just my take I guess.
Whatever the case, you'll be driving an SQ7![emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Q7newbie
05-06-2016, 08:44 PM
I see the price of active suspension and nearly fell off me chair

then see the price of carbon ceramic breaks and did fall off me chair wow

part from that it's not a bad price compared to the Q7

i do wish that the SQ7 hand some different style so when it pass you you can tell it was a SQ7 at the moment apart from the noise it makes and the 4 exhausts ar the rear and a badge it looks the same as the Q7

one thing I was shocked about also is the lack of choice of wheels should again thought would have some exclustive wheel design

still a lovely car mind

i noticed that all new Q7 don't give you the choice of having a 6 pack CD player in the boot also I had this fitted to my Q7 and would miss that now if you listen to CDs a lot you got no chance of changing a cd on the move and it can't be space as its stuck in the side panel of the boot not under the boot floor

still would love a SQ7 jealous lol

ps the 360 deg camera view come part of the park assist plus it's some thing worth having as bleeps when you close to some thing at the side and with top view it also shows you with moving changing color bars when you get real close great when going through McDonald's drive through lol as kerb everywhere lol

M
I totally agree. I'd have liked much more muscular and flared wheel arches. A definitively different grille too. Because right now, visually it looks like a regular Q7 with really subtle and barely noticeable body kit upgrades.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk