PDA

View Full Version : Tentative spec. list - opinions please?

Gyro
03-06-2016, 01:41 PM
OK, so here is my tentative spec list for the SQ7, would appreciate your opinions:

Sepang Blue

22" Alloy Wheels

Advanced Key

Ambient Lighting Package

BOSE 3D Surround Sound

Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding adjustable and heated

Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats

Heated 3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel

Heated windscreen

Heat/sound-insulating glass with privacy glass

Load-area fixing kit

Net partition

Parking pack advanced

Technology pack

Tour Pack

Rubber mats front and rear

Things I am thinking of getting rid of straight away are the sound/heat insulating glass (privacy glass comes standard and I want to hear that V8), and the advanced key (not sure it's worth the money).

I'm also not 100% on the technology pack (virtual cockpit and high beam assist are standard), or the parking pack advanced (front/rear sensors AND reversing camera are standard - I'd only want advanced pack for the surround sound camera which I use a lot on the X5).

Would welcome any comments/opinions!

elrao
03-06-2016, 01:48 PM
I have read reports where heated windscreens can prevent GPS signals being received in the car, worth researching if you are considering some sort of GPS speed cam device.

elrao
03-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Don't see 22" alloys on the Android App, just the same options as for the regular Q7 (but cheaper to upgrade to).

Personally am a fan of the Panoramic Roof, I see you have the ambient light pack - so was going to suggest the style pack, but doesn't look like it is an option on the SQ7?

Gyro
03-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Don't see 22" alloys on the Android App, just the same options as for the regular Q7 (but cheaper to upgrade to).

Personally am a fan of the Panoramic Roof, I see you have the ambient light pack - so was going to suggest the style pack, but doesn't look like it is an option on the SQ7?

Yeah the 22" wheel option only shows on their system, curiously the dealer gave me a web link that takes me to a totally different configurator that's like the one they use in the showroom - the 22s were in that.

I didn't see the style pack either, not bothered by the sunroof (I live in Scotland!), but would like the running boards possibly. Another question for the dealer then!

andyhud007
03-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Wierd you can't get style pack on the SQ7 yet.. maybe they just havent updated the system

Otherwise good spec. As per other thread, get Adv Key and maybe look at power closing doors. They dont always shut first time by hand due to the excellent sealing around the doors and a vacuum being caused... or its just me being a wimp... but it is another £600 I believe

maxw
03-06-2016, 06:13 PM
If you do a lot of night driving the best thing I got was matrix lights so cool and a must and so much better to drive with

M

andyhud007
03-06-2016, 06:24 PM
I agree. Loving the matrix lights at night. And they bend round corners really well

pitch3110
03-06-2016, 07:19 PM
I think you should also consider front head rests, glove box lid and passenger side wing mirror. They are all must haves.

Ta
pitch

Gyro
03-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Aaaaarrgh, I hadn't even considered matrix headlights or power door closure! Never had either so I wouldn't really miss them. The matrix lights would be mega cool though, don't do a great deal of driving in the dark though.

Pitch, I'm not made of money mate...:biglaugh:

pitch3110
03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Aaaaarrgh, I hadn't even considered matrix headlights or power door closure! Never had either so I wouldn't really miss them. The matrix lights would be mega cool though, don't do a great deal of driving in the dark though.

Pitch, I'm not made of money mate...:biglaugh:

LOL, lov it. Showing ya age mate if you can remember when they WERE actual options......I remember having one of the only S reg 1.1L Fiesta's with optional head rests.

Matrix are something else but the LED technology seems to be moving on leaps. The LED's on my '14 A6 were a £1,800 option from memory and were amazing but the standard LEDs on the Q are a massive step up. Spend the dosh on the push button radio it's great having pre sets ����

Ta
Pitch

Gyro
03-06-2016, 08:17 PM
LOL, lov it. Showing ya age mate if you can remember when they WERE actual options......I remember having one of the only S reg 1.1L Fiesta's with optional head rests.

Matrix are something else but the LED technology seems to be moving on leaps. The LED's on my '14 A6 were a £1,800 option from memory and were amazing but the standard LEDs on the Q are a massive step up. Spend the dosh on the push button radio it's great having pre sets ����

Ta
Pitch

I'm only 37! I do remember cars having no headrests though. I also remember rocking up to a Volvo dealership in my dad's Vauxhall Viva, and we all had to pile out one side as only one door opened. God knows what the salesman thouhht when he saw us...the Viva had a horizontal speedo as I remember. A long way from the virtual cockpit!

Another gem is a Sierra estate with a manual sunroof, which had to go in for some work and my dad got an brown Allegro "courtesy" car.

srbsq7
03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
I just spec'd my options on the SQ7 and added another £13k, however if I were getting it the Driving Dynamics Sport pack would be a must to get the active roll stabilisation - also Inc 4 wheel steering and sports diff but adds another £5.7k!!

srbsq7
03-06-2016, 08:54 PM
The matrix lights would be mega cool though, don't do a great deal of driving in the dark though.

In Scotland?? Do you only drive at lunchtime in the winter? ;-)

pitch3110
03-06-2016, 09:04 PM
I'm only 37! I do remember cars having no headrests though. I also remember rocking up to a Volvo dealership in my dad's Vauxhall Viva, and we all had to pile out one side as only one door opened. God knows what the salesman thouhht when he saw us...the Viva had a horizontal speedo as I remember. A long way from the virtual cockpit!

Another gem is a Sierra estate with a manual sunroof, which had to go in for some work and my dad got an brown Allegro "courtesy" car.

come on S, they did not have motors your side of the border back then surely??? I thought you would have still been smearing blue paint on your faces.

Having spec'd purchased cars up in the past it is a blinking nightmare balancing the must haves would likes. The beauty of PCH is taking what's there without the stress but I do have big misses that is without a doubt.

Lovely dilemmas to have matey.

Pitch

Q7newbie
04-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Wierd you can't get style pack on the SQ7 yet.. maybe they just havent updated the system

Otherwise good spec. As per other thread, get Adv Key and maybe look at power closing doors. They dont always shut first time by hand due to the excellent sealing around the doors and a vacuum being caused... or its just me being a wimp... but it is another £600 I believe
Thank you! I thought it was just me, or I'd had just driven two new model Q7s with defective doors! They really do need a good throw to close. It's quote annoying considering how much lighter these doors are compared to the 4L ones.
I think power closing doors is money well spent. Especially if you have kids.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Q7newbie
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
In Scotland?? Do you only drive at lunchtime in the winter? ;-)
😂 😂 😂 😂. Mate, I live in Renfrewshire, and even at lunchtime sometimes you still need lights!

Gyro
04-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Thank you! I thought it was just me, or I'd had just driven two new model Q7s with defective doors! They really do need a good throw to close. It's quote annoying considering how much lighter these doors are compared to the 4L ones.
I think power closing doors is money well spent. Especially if you have kids.

I'll be OK on that one I think...I've got 18 stone to close the doors with (get that Bernard Manning image out of your heads - I'm 6'8"!). Judging by the pain the last time the wife slapped my face, she'll be OK too!

srbsq7
04-06-2016, 10:32 AM
I've found this too, but I think someone else said it here, it's almost always with the passenger door for some reason?!

Q7newbie
04-06-2016, 10:34 AM
I've found this too, but I think someone else said it here, it's almost always with the passenger door for some reason?!
Yeah it is. So strange. I've even thought it might be a design flaw with the UK spec cars as the are right hand-drive?

maxw
04-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Yeah it was me who said about the doors

it always seem to be the front near side door the worst
i even looked into this at the Audi dealers
i didn't even say what door it was to him and right away he said front near side

if you open a window just a little can be any window or leave another door open then the doors shut just fine

like above though it's annoying having some one get in the passenger front shutting the door soft then they reopen and slam it shut grrrr lol

mind least it's got a solid slam rather than a tin can slam lol

i 1st looked at a BMW X5 befor the Q7 and shutting the X5 sounded like a tin can the quality was nothing like as good as the Q7 even the bmw panels felt thin the bonnet and wings being the worst that made me walk away and buy a Q7 on panel quality alone

M

Gyro
09-06-2016, 08:07 PM
OK! Going to the dealer tomorrow to do the deed. Here is the final spec. I've decided on. The boot fixing kit, net partition, and advanced key will not be divulged to the wife until AFTER we take delivery...she decided these weren't not necessary so I will present her with a fait accompli. It's only fair as she did the same to me with some fancy handbag a few years ago. And some shoes.

Sepang Blue

22" Alloy Wheels

Advanced Key

Ambient Lighting Package

BOSE 3D Surround Sound

Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding adjustable and heated

Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats

Heated 3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel

Heated windscreen

Load-area fixing kit

Net partition

Parking pack advanced

Technology pack

Tour Pack

Rubber mats front and rear

Mud flaps front and rear

Rear side airbags

Electric steering column

I'm going to try to get the mud flaps, rubber mats, tyre/wheel/GAP insurance chucked in on the cheap or for free. I won't hold my breath...

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Looks like a winning combo. Not sure about mud flaps but easily taken off.

Did you get a price on extending Audi Connect beyond 3 months if dropping tech pack? There are guys on the A4 forum that are struggling to enable it once it ran out - seems odd...

Good move on the advanced key [emoji3]

Good luck tomorrow!

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Whoops, you have got tech pack. Winner

Gyro
09-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Looks like a winning combo. Not sure about mud flaps but easily taken off.

Did you get a price on extending Audi Connect beyond 3 months if dropping tech pack? There are guys on the A4 forum that are struggling to enable it once it ran out - seems odd...

Good move on the advanced key [emoji3]

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers!

Yeah the mud flaps are a bit of an afterthought but the thinking is that it may prevent loads of stone chips. Like you say if they look rubbish I can take them off.

I tried to spec just the Audi Connect without the tech pack but it wouldn't let me. From what you've said you can't get round it by just trying to extend it after the three months is up! Pretty annoying TBH.