PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Q7 next year (2017)

Neo777
01-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm planning to buy a Q7 in Canada next year, I've read that the '07 Q7 got lots of problems so I go to the '08 models... With approx. around 100k Miles.

I have many questions about it, and I really need your help guys!

1) Is it a reliable car? I mean that's an Audi, so I can expect that it won't break down every weeks, true?

2) '07 is the worst year for Q7 models, am I right? The '08 model is really more reliable? What's the best model? ('09, '08, '10?)

2) If I put money aside (around 400$/year), will it be enough to assure maintenance? Tires and Insurance are not a problem, I'm okay to pay for a nice car like it but I dont want to buy with a car which will be going to cost me thousands $ per year in maintenance... (No more than 400|500)...

3) I have a friend who is a mechanic, so I won't do maintenance with Official Audi dealers.. What do you think?

4) Brakes, and other consumables are very expensive compared to a random SUV? I think I shouldn't take officials Audi parts.

5) 4.2l Or 3.6L? Wich engine has the better reliaility and the less maintenance cost?

6) What about the sunroof? Problemes have been resolved since the '07 models?

7) Here are some things that I think I should look after in the dealer:

-Transmission, consumables, ext/int appearance, strange noises, ....?

8) Should I take a extended warranty for some thousand dollars? Do you think, I will be okay, I won't have to pay for any problem, right?

9) What are the common problems with that car?

And finally, do you think that I should look for a '09, I think in one year, they will be more affordable, but, are they worth it?

Thanks guys!

Neo777
02-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Up