PDA

View Full Version : Blank Infotainment display

vince47
01-06-2016, 10:33 AM
My sept 15 SE Business passat had an annoying problem last night. I had set the satnav to get me to the airport to colect somebody and on the way popped into a shop for 15mins as I was early. Got back in the car and the infotainment display was blank and neither the on/off button or any other console buttons had any effect. However on my MFD it displayed a message telling me I had switched the unit off/on. Also the MFD saw everything normally. Ignition off/on, no effect. With fiddlng about I was now late! I drove off and had to use the MFD display to find the airport. Anyway, once back home I checked the car 2 hrs later and its working. Damn.
A google around seems to show various 'blank display' issues on Golfs etc but nobody so far on this forum appears to have encountered this. It was especially annoying as I had not used the satnav much so I had set it up and tried a test route the day before but on my first real use of it I finished up with just the MFD to guide me and no way of using the satnav to get me home. The wife was back to a paper map and muttering about technology..which didnt go down well :mad:
Anyone had this? Taking it in is going to be a No Fault Found

peterb8
01-06-2016, 09:06 PM
It would be useful to know the firmware/software that is currently installed and also which model (Composition Colour, Composition Media, Discover Media, Discover Pro) and by MFD you mean MFD vs AID (i.e., Analogue instruments with MFD, or digital instruments with AID). Useful for anyone else if it becomes a known problem. Could have been a one-off crash though....

vince47
14-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Just a standard SE Business. No related options
If I select Nav/Version I get:
Nav Version 3G0919866H
ECE 2015/16

technik
30-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Press and hold the power button (volume) for about 10 seconds and it should reset the Infotainment system.

vince47
30-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Press and hold the power button (volume) for about 10 seconds and it should reset the Infotainment system.

Thanks. I had noticed that via google but the problem hasnt recurred yet despite making sure I use it for every little journey whether I need it or not