PDA

View Full Version : New A4 Reliaiblity

Surrey_76
31-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Hi, I'm considering switching from my current bmw 3 series to the new A4, probably a 3 litre diesel. I'm always a bit wary of buying a new model soon after it has launched in case there are still teething issues with the new model.

Has anyone encountered any reliability issues with the new A4, is there anything to be aware of?

Thanks

AGW82
31-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Hi, I'm considering switching from my current bmw 3 series to the new A4, probably a 3 litre diesel. I'm always a bit wary of buying a new model soon after it has launched in case there are still teething issues with the new model.

Has anyone encountered any reliability issues with the new A4, is there anything to be aware of?

Thanks

Hi Surrey_76, and welcome to the forum :D

Mine now has 5000 miles on the clock and no issues to report so far. I know others have had various issues (most of them niggles), but I don't think there have been any general faults major or minor so far.

Scott K
31-05-2016, 01:09 PM
The engines and gearboxes aren't too new as they have been used in the A6. Think all the tech stuff is already in the TT so would hope that most problems have been sorted.

ILikeJam
01-06-2016, 03:47 PM
It's been out for a good 10 months or so now. I'm sure this forum would be full of complaints by now if there was anything to really worry about

MJC_OK
03-06-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm also on just under 5,000 miles, and apart from a loose connector inside the door I haven't had any issues with relaibility