PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension

Q7newbie
28-05-2016, 02:46 PM
In my last post, I went in on wheel sizes on the Q7. This time, I wanna talk about Air Suspension.

We're all in agreement, that is SHOULD be a standard features on this car. That Audi charge us and charge so much is absurd, when it is an integral part of the long term performance of the car. But that's a rant for another day.

Be that as it may, it is optional. But let's not bullsh** each other; air suspension is an IMPERATIVE feature to have in my opinion. Having had it on my 4L 2014 Q7, the I'm unable to reconcile a Q7 that doesn't have it.
A car that's meant to be such a diverse and adaptable car, to then not have the key element in the way you can adapt and modify the car to suit your immediate style of driving is absurd.
Too ma y other great features and aspects of the Q7 are reliant on the air suspension for them to work best and shine.

Driving on crappy, patchy camber-full town roads and country roads in a Q7 sand air sus is punishment. It's like driving an X5 or Cayenne (but without any of the enjoyable saloon like poke).
Likewise, high-speed driving on a motorway or nice A-road is a nervy and relaxation-free experience. You're always aware of your speed. (which isn't the case with air sus, which wafts you along deceptive to how you're risking your license). Rather, than the car merging and the suspension and chassis singing a duet of high speed cruising, instead the car trudges along ON the road. With no harmonious balance.
I hate it.
Not having it simply narrows the breadth and scope of abilities of the car.
And I hate Audi more for not just making every Q7 with air suspension as standard.

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

zollaf
28-05-2016, 02:56 PM
but some poeple may not want air suspensiopn.