PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 Wheel Size

Q7newbie
28-05-2016, 02:30 PM
So, as result of the never ending debacle between myself and Audi UK, I have been driving various courtesy car Q7's since January 15th while waiting for my car (which still hasn't been approved for ordering!), but that's a story for another day.
But in the midst of all this car changing, I've been able to spend in depth amounts of time with various specs SE and S-Line variants.
And now, I've come to some conclusions: unless you are running winter tyres, have a finite amount of fuel to last you the duration of your car lease, or your car is used to chauffeur around an angry African dictator with hips made of glass, then there is no reason to have the Q7 on 19" wheels.

None whatsoever.

They ugly. Their Road noise levels are lower than the larger 21"s by such a negligible amount, that it's not worth talking about. As is the car with fuel consumption too. Over 10 weeks of driving, a consistent variation of town and motorway cruises, the fuel consumption is not much better either.

Let's be real: you're driving a £55,000+ car that has a 3 litre engine, 4 wheel drive and weighs near 2,800kg (fuelled). Amazing fuel consumption is pipe dream.
To fit ugly, undersized wheels that make an already mundane (I say plain and ugly) car even more ugly and cheap is just absurd.
I appreciate that we all have different priorities when speccing a car, but when you take the time to analyse "REAL WORLD" figures regarding fuel consumption, road noise and ride comfort, it's clear as day that paying the extra grand or so for sending 21"s, or at least 20"s is a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

srbsq7
28-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Don't hold back! Have a look at the Audi.de site and the Q7 starts with 18"!! Looks awful.

I stuck with the standard s-line 20" although was very tempted by the 21" 5 spoke.

I must say, I've grown to like the wheels I've gone with, although maybe not quite as nice to look at, it's already been offset by its resilience to kerbing.

Q7newbie
29-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Don't hold back! Have a look at the Audi.de site and the Q7 starts with 18"!! Looks awful.

I stuck with the standard s-line 20" although was very tempted by the 21" 5 spoke.

I must say, I've grown to like the wheels I've gone with, although maybe not quite as nice to look at, it's already been offset by its resilience to kerbing.
To be fair, the 20"s look good. They're a decent balance between practical and visually appealing. But a Q7 on teenage numbered wheels is just a no-no.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk