PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Owners Meet

Nemo78
27-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Ok guys this is going to be complicated I know but let's try and get something off the ground for a meet...

I think we have a few guys expecting cars mid June so how does an end of June or even early July as a mooted meet up date.

I'm thinking it'll be a weekend day in all fairness and just a pure guess but the reason we have seven seats is due to families.

So in an attempt to get our visas out how a it a family friendly meet? That way not just me meeting my internet friends but if other halves and kids want to come along then if it's a family friendly meet.

So next is where....as we are allover the country. I guess all we need to know now (and I know it'll be date dependant) but who is up for a meet and would you prefer with families or without and any ideas to locations would also be good [emoji1360]

Then we can figure something out...

dghdgh
27-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Alas I will have to duck out on those dates as I am off to Spain for just over six weeks from Early June. But I will be there in spirt.:beerchug:

Papereyes
27-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Have to be next year for me. Still no build date and eta is Sep :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo78
27-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Have to be next year for me. Still no build date and eta is Sep :-(

Still welcome as the Q7 isn't a necessity [emoji5][emoji1360]

Papereyes
27-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Thanks, although will end up with q7 envy!

Q7newbie
27-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I've thought of this earlier on. I get envious of all the other model meets see happening. Apart from the R8, I think the Q7 owners are the most niche! But that shouldn't mean we don'teet up for a drink k or even a barbecue! I'm game. I live in Glasgow, but for work and family, I'm down in the home counties and the Midlands all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

JMB7
28-05-2016, 08:22 AM
I'd definitely be interested.
Not sure about the logistics of a family trip at the moment as the twins are just 10 weeks and the most they have been out for is a couple of hours. Would probably just be me and eldest daughter.
Car should arrive in a couple of weeks, it's still showing as left Bratislava so I'm guessing it's waiting for a ship.
Based in the Midlands but don't mind a bit of travelling!

andyhud007
28-05-2016, 03:13 PM
South east but I'm in!

Skippy73
28-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Sounds good Hampshire for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
02-06-2016, 09:56 PM
So I think there's 3ish in Midlands area, 1 SE, 1 Hampshire,

Do we want to get something arranged or hold on a little longer for a few more Q7s to arrive?

PS: wasn't there a post a pic of your Q7 thread recently...was going to post one of mine but can't find the thread...

pitch3110
02-06-2016, 10:00 PM
And one here in Suffolk.

Post a pic thread would be good.

Pitch

Papereyes
02-06-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm in south east

andyhud007
02-06-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm in south east

Woo! I'm not on my own! Lol

I'm happy to meet whenever or wait for a few more folk!

Nemo78
02-06-2016, 10:40 PM
So:
3 x Midlands
2 x SE
1 x Hampshire
1 x Suffolk

Is good old MK central enough as a location? Should be just under 2hr drive from most...just not sure for the SE guys?

Mind you I don't know anywhere in MK [emoji23]

andyhud007
02-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Takes me 1hr 20 to get to MK from my place when I go upto XScape. Fine by me.

Skippy73
03-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Takes me 1hr 20 to get to MK from my place when I go upto XScape. Fine by me.
Yeah we go to escape and do some indoor snow boarding sometimes. They have a nandos in there. Hmmmmm nandos

dghdgh
03-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Unlike when they build the national stadium in the south of the country, why not hold the meet in the Midlands. MK or similar sounds good to me, but Volvo have their R&D offices at Daventry what a good back drop for a photo shoot. I am back in August but to be fair I would avoid it if I had a family at home. But I could make August and October till told otherwise.But don't put anything on hold for me as I am sure it won't be the last.

Q7newbie
03-06-2016, 09:16 AM
So:
3 x Midlands
2 x SE
1 x Hampshire
1 x Suffolk

Is good old MK central enough as a location? Should be just under 2hr drive from most...just not sure for the SE guys?

Mind you I don't know anywhere in MK [emoji23]
So ya'll are happy to ignore the Scottish resident huh? The segregation is because I'm black huh? Or is living in Scotland the bigger sin? LOL 😂 😂 😂
After all, it ain't like I eagerly and positively responded to Nemo's OP on the day he posted it! I don't know whether to laugh or be offended!

Q7newbie
03-06-2016, 09:17 AM
And here's the kicker. I know Milton Keynes like the back of my hand! I've worked there and have family there!

Skippy73
03-06-2016, 09:35 AM
And here's the kicker. I know Milton Keynes like the back of my hand! I've worked there and have family there!

So MK is perfect for you [emoji106]

Papereyes
03-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Q7newbie I'll be picking up my car from Audi Dundee when it decides to get built, happy to meet up when I get it if it helps

dghdgh
03-06-2016, 01:06 PM
So ya'll are happy to ignore the Scottish resident huh? The segregation is because I'm black huh? Or is living in Scotland the bigger sin? LOL   
After all, it ain't like I eagerly and positively responded to Nemo's OP on the day he posted it! I don't know whether to laugh or be offended!

To be fair your journey won't be that much more than mine time wise! But I agree so it should be Darlington looking at the geography of the UK but I want a drive to get to the meet so I will concede to York. Can't see it happening though. Is it because I am white.lol But no one comes to the North East.:firedevil

Q7newbie
03-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Q7newbie I'll be picking up my car from Audi Dundee when it decides to get built, happy to meet up when I get it if it helps

That's sounds good. I hope they are better than Glasgow Audi!

Q7newbie
03-06-2016, 03:05 PM
To be fair your journey won't be that much more than mine time wise! But I agree so it should be Darlington looking at the geography of the UK but I want a drive to get to the meet so I will concede to York. Can't see it happening though. Is it because I am white.lol But no one comes to the North East.:firedevil
Yeah, no one comes from the North East. People just just move there either for work, or to serve out stints at Her Majesty's Pleasure. 😁 😁 😁

dghdgh
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Work whats that. lol

Papereyes
03-06-2016, 03:29 PM
That's sounds good. I hope they are better than Glasgow Audi!

Same parent dealer (John Clark) so no... Still waiting for a build week two months on.... Painful

Nemo78
03-06-2016, 08:41 PM
So ya'll are happy to ignore the Scottish resident huh? The segregation is because I'm black huh? Or is living in Scotland the bigger sin? LOL [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Ahh well you see I included you in the Midlands contingent as you said you were always down here...[emoji1360]

satyp
05-06-2016, 08:46 AM
#Berkshire

Q7newbie
05-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Ahh well you see I included you in the Midlands contingent as you said you were always down here...[emoji1360]
Uh huh! I'll take your word for it!

Nemo78
13-06-2016, 07:19 AM
So having spoken to my 'home office' it turns out I have no free weekends in June or July at all.

Does someone want to pick a date that may work for others and keep this meet alive

Failing that postpone to Aug when a couple of others may also be able to make it?

andyhud007
13-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Happy to postpone to August from my side and give others a chance to come but I think we just need to lock a date in perhaps August/Sept at the latest while the weather has best chance of being good and go from there.

Skippy73
13-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Yeah happy to wait aug/Sept. If we wait it will give Andy more time to break into more codes and features for us 😉

andyhud007
13-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Lol, that did cross my mind actually. I've just got some for Lane Assist I'm looking at.. :biggthump

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Lol, that did cross my mind actually. I've just got some for Lane Assist I'm looking at.. :biggthump

Would this be enabling Auto Pilot / Tesla mode :D

satyp
13-06-2016, 09:32 AM
#August I'm in.. Should have some things sussed in a month of ownership by then.. School Holiday season however..

Location wise:- have heard 👂 great things about the pennines river section near m62 /m6 connection, vaguely remember passing some amazing scenery about 6 years back..

Would be some awesome routes with a Q7

Just throwings some ideas on the table

#justathought

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Nemo78
14-06-2016, 11:42 AM
How does date of

Saturday 6th August sound to everyone...

Remember whether you have the Q or not everyone is welcome only if to have a look at the unique car Andy drives [emoji1360] (assuming he can make it [emoji23])

satyp
14-06-2016, 12:31 PM
How does date of

Remember whether you have the Q or not everyone is welcome only if to have a look at the unique car Andy drives [emoji1360] (assuming he can make it [emoji23])

Yep ,..tentatively of course depending on general agreement , participation location etc.. my little 5 year won't leave my side though as he is more exitted of cars tha I ... :-0

andyhud007
14-06-2016, 12:36 PM
How does date of

I'll be there with me skates on!

andyhud007
21-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Not wanted this thread to disappear, is this a go? If so, where in MK we thinking?

Nemo78
21-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm still thinking MK but know in one of the posts above I think the Lakes were mentioned?

Saturday 6th August is still the date planned

So far I think (apologies if I've missed anyone) but add your names below please if you can make the date.

Nemo
Andy
Sat (tentative)

Those who were interested but needed date and possible location:

JMB
Q7Newbie
Skippy
Dgh
Pitch

Sure I've missed some out and huge apologies for this

Don't think Papereyes could make it as would be waiting for delivery

satyp
21-06-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm still thinking MK but know in one of the posts above I think the Lakes were mentioned?

So far I think (apologies if I've missed anyone) but add your names below please if you can make the date.

Nemo
Andy
Sat (tentative)

JMB
Q7Newbie
Skippy
Dgh
Pitch

Tentative only as theres 3 kids. Birthdays start 7th. 15th and 17th August the plan so far for the family so far is to head to Redcliffe On Trent.. So potentials are all of that area inc MK but on the way back I`d imagine..

But obviously still flex(ible) as far as making the meet happen and digging into any Q talk hopefully too..[emoji6]

Papereyes
21-06-2016, 07:58 PM

Nemo
Andy
Sat (tentative)

JMB
Q7Newbie
Skippy
Dgh
Pitch

Yeah sorry can't make this date haven't got car and watching Liverpool game that day

JMB7
21-06-2016, 08:41 PM
I can make that date, location dependent.
Wouldn't want to miss it as I need Andy's coding wizardry as I had another incident with the boot opening due to key in pocket in the rain yesterday.!

Papereyes
22-06-2016, 02:51 AM
How did that happen? Was that the advanced key or just normal key but hitting open boot button? With my BMW boot on the key only opens when u have unlocked the car. So it's unlikely to happen (although I have opened up the car windows on occasion by mistake)

JMB7
22-06-2016, 06:31 AM
I've always kept my car keys in my pocket. Never had remote boot opening before though. So many times now I've looked out the window or like on Monday gone back to the car to find the boot open. The range is insane and it only takes a short press to open gets activated when I move or other stuff in my pocket hits it.

You can use vcds to make the time required for the press to open the boot longer which should help.

satyp
22-06-2016, 07:19 AM
..From the looks of it Andy is going to need at least a few of n his coding doppelgänger`s turning up too ☝ [emoji6]..

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Hahaha...

I'm happy with that date, but if only 2/3 can make it its probably worth postponing until we can get a good number (6/7 or more) together. Having been to a few meets before (yes, I'm sad) its always best when there is a good group... but thats just my opinion!

satyp
22-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Hahaha...

I'm happy with that date, but if only 2/3 can make it its probably worth postponing until we can get a good number (6/7 or more) together. Having been to a few meets before (yes, I'm sad) its always best when there is a good group... but thats just my opinion!
...precisely.. Numbers

Papereyes
22-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Interesting, does the car need to be unlocked as well for it to open (like BMW) or can it be opened with the car locked?

satyp
22-06-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm sure more will can over wider summer holiday period hopefully

satyp
22-06-2016, 07:30 AM
On our last Q7 4L (not advanced) keeping the boot key depressed for a few seconds opened it.. Even though car was locked.. Not sure what range is to long but it seemed to even work at around 5m up or down the house.. Didnt really test the range though

srbsq7
22-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Interesting, does the car need to be unlocked as well for it to open (like BMW) or can it be opened with the car locked?

Q7 can open boot with the car locked but the same was true of my X5 and is true with wife's X1 (although hers just pops open as not motorised).

I had this happen when I had the two BMW keys on the same key ring with the buttons facing each other. Once I turned them back to back, it didn't reoccur.

The Audi and BMW keys are still back to back. Just had a look and it does look like if facing each other, the bottom of the BMW key could push down on the boot release.

JMB7
22-06-2016, 07:50 AM

It opens if the car is locked. Happens both with or without the advanced key as I had the same problem with my original one and the courtesy car they loaned me. I try and remember to leave the keys on the side as soon as I get into the house. I think the only difference the advanced key gives in this case is it allows you to close the boot remotely as well. Unfortunately the range for closing is much shorter and you virtually have to be stood next to the car.

A couple of guys on the US forums have had it open while in their garage and then when they have opened garage door in the morning it's caused a bit of damage to both. Luckily a bit of water is the only issue so far for me.

Happy to change the date for the meet as I agree the more people the better, plus more cars to look over!

andyhud007
22-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Nemo

As your the OP for this thread go to the top and under "Thread Tools" choose "Start a Poll". Put in some dates (including the one we have in mind now) like 3 dates max and lets see what the consensus is (early Aug, Mid/Late Aug / Early Sept. Make them weekend days).. That gives people say 2 weeks to decide via the poll and we go from there with a go/no-go

I can ask the mods to make this thread a sticky.

Nemo78
22-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Nemo

As your the OP for this thread go to the top and under "Thread Tools" choose "Start a Poll". Put in some dates (including the one we have in mind now) like 3 dates max and lets see what the consensus is (early Aug, Mid/Late Aug / Early Sept. Make them weekend days).. That gives people say 2 weeks to decide via the poll and we go from there with a go/no-go

I can ask the mods to make this thread a sticky.

Done....three random dates chosen, not sure if people preferred Sat or Sun so there is a Sunday date in, have avoided BH wkend and 6th for me now looks doubtful but that's not an issue...

poll open for 14 days so in theory until July 6th....

����

Skippy73
22-06-2016, 09:35 AM
I can make 6th Aug.

Nemo78
22-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Just a reminder that the poll is set but I've no idea how you see it other than when using the Desktop site....doesn't show for me using Tapatalk

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 08:16 AM
5 votes so far, but I went for the 6th Aug and 3rd Sept. I can do both

Skippy73
23-06-2016, 08:24 AM
I can't find the vote poll?

Papereyes
23-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Skippy doens't work on tapatalk have to log in form a pc/mac to see the poll.

I've voted for 3rd Sep only caveat is if I'm getting the new car!

andyhud007
23-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Sat 3rd Sept has most votes (4) so far.

Skippy73
23-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm good for 6th but will struggle 3rd sept

satyp
23-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Sept gets into trickier waters.. But will endeavour to make it as it will be my 1st ever car meet of sorts.. Better late than never i guess.. ;-)

Bathurst
23-06-2016, 12:16 PM
August is generally a tricky month for most due to school holidays as people are away abroad on vacation.

andyhud007
24-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Maybe we should push into Sept? even a later date in Sept?

andyhud007
01-07-2016, 09:15 AM
any further thoughts guys?

Nemo78
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
any further thoughts guys?

So looks like the Sept date has the most but still only 4 of us.

I'm happy to push out further in to Sept especially to get more people to it as that would be great to put faces to names.

For me it's looking like only 24th Sept but that's only me [emoji23] and other weekends may work better for everyone else [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Papereyes
01-07-2016, 10:18 AM
The Sep is a touch and go as hopefully I'll be picking up my car

Skippy73
01-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Late sept works for me 👍

pitch3110
01-07-2016, 03:22 PM
I am ready to nose in but would add

a) My lease is only 10k a year so can we meet on my drive
b) If not a glamp site nearby would be good.
c) Blacket ban on using adv key. Everyone has to psychically take their keys out of their pocket to lock and unlock.

Oh and Sep is cool

ta
Pitch

Nemo78
01-07-2016, 03:50 PM
c) Blacket ban on using adv key. Everyone has to psychically take their keys out of their pocket to lock and unlock.

And no swinging your feet under the rear bumper to open your boot either [emoji5]

pitch3110
01-07-2016, 04:49 PM
And no swinging your feet under the rear bumper to open your boot either [emoji5]

With my previous BE A6 I never opened the boot in that **** way, I look a prize one anyway without having to revert to making myself look even more like one:D

andyhud007
05-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Ah no! I can't do 24th Sept as I'm in the states.

Can do before/after though!

Papereyes
05-07-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm in the states too unfortunately from mid Sep. I'll be back round october

andyhud007
05-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm free the whole of October.. so anytime is good for me then....

Nemo78
05-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm free the whole of October.. so anytime is good for me then....

I may even have my car back by then [emoji23]

I can't amend the poll....think I need to let it close out in a day or so. If it does and allows me to pop another poll on I will do so. Never know weather in October maybe nice and summery [emoji1360]

andyhud007
05-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Do it.. based on current weather it can't get any worse!

satyp
05-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Whether patterns have shifted last few years.. hopefully summer right the way December lol

Q7newbie
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I can't do September either. Work commitments have me virtually locked in a lab 24hrs a day for nearly all of September through to November.
August was best for me.
Not that I matter much, since either way, I'll probably STILL be in a sh#tty courtesy car. *wipes tears 😭 *

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 04:45 PM
What we saying then.. October?

Q7newbie
06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure about the other Knights of the Q7-Table here, But with every day further into the year we go after August 23rd, the less likely it is that I'll make it.

Big_D_80
06-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Count me in

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure about the other Knights of the Q7-Table here, But with every day further into the year we go after August 23rd, the less likely it is that I'll make it.

Lets see if we can find a date you can make it mate... the more the merrier after all

Nemo, when you can, update the poll for some dates in October, hopefully a few more folk will have their cars also.

Also, update the first post with a list of folk who can make it. You can add me :)

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Any ideas why I can't start a new poll at all?

satyp
07-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Will need to update as when..I think it will come down location in the end..

Can there be a poll for location Nemo?

ragebe
07-07-2016, 10:50 PM
I'd be interested in meeting up but a lot of weekends are a problem during the football season, as I'm an avid Bournemouth fan (and have been for decades before the glory-hunter chants start) and tend to go to most home and away games. So if a date is picked that doesn't clash with a match, I'll likely turn up. I'm on the Hampshire/Dorset border, so you could say Hants x 2.

Perhaps a Southern/Midlands/Scottish&Northern series would work?

Got my car on Thursday 23/6/16 and drove it to Glasgow on Monday 27/6. Good way to get to know it.

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Pre-Meets...we will defo try and get the big main meet off the ground somehow...

Footy season does scupper things in the nicest possible way as I also have a ST but my team are so poor that missing a game doesn't matter too much [emoji23]

I will try again in the morning from desktop to set up date and location polls if at all possible.

Does anyone want to just name some locations at all?

MK
Abingdon (friend has a pub/bar restaurant sure she wouldn't mind a few Qs there)
Nottingham/Derby/Leicester
I think Lakes were mentioned somewhere along the line
Anywhere else anyone would like to throw in to the equation?

srbsq7
07-07-2016, 11:50 PM
As a Forest fan, it's that time of year when I predict whether the number of points we avoid relegation by is greater or smaller than the number of managers we will have this season [emoji853]

Nemo78
07-07-2016, 11:56 PM
As a Forest fan, it's that time of year when I predict whether the number of points we avoid relegation by is greater or smaller than the number of managers we will have this season [emoji853]

Ahh the team being taken over maybe or maybe not...the team with an owner whose heart is in it but needs the team around him...maybe just maybe this is the season with DoF and Montanier (an unknown entity to many in England)....well you've guessed my team [emoji23]

Do you get down much? City Ground meet? [emoji5]

srbsq7
08-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Try and get to 2 or 3 games a season. Will let you know - will take a look at the fixture list. I'm just worried Hodgson could be in place by October...

Nemo78
08-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Ok guys I can't seem to post another poll so...here are two questions which all you need to do is respond to with date(s) you can make and location preference..
Date:
Saturday 1st October
Saturday 8th October
Saturday 15th October
Saturday 22nd October
Saturday 29th October

(picked Saturday's as on original poll the Sat had most attendees)

Milton Keynes
Midlands (Birmingham/Nottingham/Derby/Leicester)
Lake District
Oxford

so lots of dates and lots of locations - asking for trouble I know...ill try and keep thread neat if you can post your preferences

👍🏼

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 11:02 AM
So here is my deal. You can lock this in Nemo.

Dates I can make

8th October
29th October

MK / Oxford.

Birmingham / Leicester I could stretch but its 150 miles ish each way for me for these 2.

Cheers

Andy

srbsq7
08-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Ahh the team being taken over maybe or maybe not...the team with an owner whose heart is in it but needs the team around him...maybe just maybe this is the season with DoF and Montanier (an unknown entity to many in England)....well you've guessed my team [emoji23]

Do you get down much? City Ground meet? [emoji5]

Oh good. The comedy has started earlier than usual Nemo! http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36748743

Q7newbie
09-07-2016, 01:21 AM
Pre-Meets...we will defo try and get the big main meet off the ground somehow...

Footy season does scupper things in the nicest possible way as I also have a ST but my team are so poor that missing a game doesn't matter too much [emoji23]

I will try again in the morning from desktop to set up date and location polls if at all possible.

Does anyone want to just name some locations at all?

MK
Abingdon (friend has a pub/bar restaurant sure she wouldn't mind a few Qs there)
Nottingham/Derby/Leicester
I think Lakes were mentioned somewhere along the line
Anywhere else anyone would like to throw in to the equation?
"IF" I can make it, then my vote would be for Oxford/Abingdon. Got family there, so I could justify a trip down that side, so, I could include the family.

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Oh good. The comedy has started earlier than usual Nemo! http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36748743

Crazy story being hyped by media...some guy left and we haven't replaced him yet...big news if we don't have someone in place by start of season...

I hope anyway else my ST is worthless

Nemo78
14-07-2016, 02:52 PM
So here is my deal. You can lock this in Nemo.

Dates I can make

8th October
29th October

MK / Oxford.

Birmingham / Leicester I could stretch but its 150 miles ish each way for me for these 2.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy....

Just thought I'd give it a little bump even though we are a little way out still...

andyhud007
14-07-2016, 03:11 PM
No problem.. Be good if we can lock at date in Oct I reckon...

Gyro
14-07-2016, 07:07 PM
I am hoping to have my new wheels late October (build week 39), so coming along to the meet would be a good excuse to stretch those SQ7 legs...Lakes would be my vote but realise I may be in the minority...

andyhud007
20-07-2016, 10:58 PM
29th October then? Can I put that out there?

Papereyes
20-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Good with me. Mk my preference

Skippy73
20-07-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm in New York on the 29th sorry

ragebe
20-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Could always do the Motor Museum at Beaulieu (although as that's close to me I would say that)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Ive come to the conclusion we wont find a date to suit everyone, at least not this first time round..
Nemo, I call upon you to make the official October date decision... then we can work on location... :swordfigh.

satyp
21-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Last day of school for us here ..:-0. [emoji83] [emoji30]

There goes what would the a clean detailed Q7 next week..

Hopefully get pictures before the damage is done

Nemo78
21-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Righty ho!

Let's go for

Saturday 29th October in either MK or Abingdon (only reason I've said Abingdon is because I have a friend who has a pub/restaurant and plenty of parking) never been but sure we would be looked after however I'm not precious at all.

Realise it's a date some can make and some can't - for those who can't I apologise

Nemo78
21-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Date:

Saturday 29th October

MK or Abingdon

Attending: (please add names to this list)
Nemo

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Date:

Saturday 29th October

MK or Abingdon

Nemo
Andy

Papereyes
21-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Date:

Saturday 29th October

MK or Abingdon

Nemo
Andy

Papereyes (Lai)

andyhud007
21-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Date:

Saturday 29th October

MK or Abingdon

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)

andyhud007
22-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Anyone else know more if they can make it (or not)?

Papereyes
22-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Andy if it's only me and you I'm by junction 2 of the m25 so maybe easier if we do a local gtg

Skippy73
22-08-2016, 06:36 PM
I don't mean to boast but I will be away that date on a Disney cruise around the Caribbean :-)

pitch3110
22-08-2016, 06:52 PM
My Birthday is on the 31st so may be able to work in a trip to Bicester whilst MK way, winter = add to the Moncler or Canada G collection......

Oh, and you all have to buy me a prezzie.

Pitch

Nemo78
22-08-2016, 08:28 PM

Andy
Papereyes (Lai)

Don't forget meeeeeeee

Nemo

andyhud007
23-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Andy
PaperEyes
Nemo
Pitch (If we buy him a present - it wont be Adv Key).

easyeieio
23-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm in, assuming I have the car by then!

andyhud007
23-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Andy
PaperEyes
Nemo
Pitch (If we buy him a present - it wont be Adv Key).
Easyeieio (If he has his car by then!)

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:25 PM
I could go back through posts to check but if it's quicker ....

Is this meet date set?? If so when is it now

Also are kids etc.. welcome

Will need to bring up the conversation with the Mrs at some point too.. [emoji6]

Thanks

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Will def go up to Nottingham ways if weekend...

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:27 PM
and Croydon possibly up to Greenwich if the other way...

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Date:

Saturday 29th October

MK or Abingdon

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Will confirm in the coming days/weeks..

Nemo78
27-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Will def go up to Nottingham ways if weekend...

If you're ever up in the East Midlands let me know!

Yes date set for something in October (I can't remember but think 29th) & I believe location is set as MK

Nemo78
27-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Will confirm in the coming days/weeks..

Excellent and yes I think wives and kids welcome - if we have a few bringing them then will try and figure something child friendly nearby for them - or just shopping!

andyhud007
29-08-2016, 07:55 AM
29th yeah. All family welcome of course!

andyhud007
06-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Date: Saturday 29th October 2016

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)

Anyone else?

Was thinking about MK yesterday and perhaps XScape or near to it woudl be good. Plenty of parking, XScape for food/drink if people want it, and stuff for the kids...

Nemo78
06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Exact place I was thinking of as should be lots to do there.

Hopefully should get others confirming soon and we have a fair few new members with their new cars :fingerscrossed:

andyhud007
06-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Agreed! Let us know folks if you can make it!

Andy

Fear Bainne
13-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Would like to attend your "meet" on the 29th. Oct, travelling from France and will be in UK for 7 - 10 days. Can you advise meet address/ post code.
Gerry

andyhud007
13-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Welcome Fear!

Yes, more than welcome!!! We are planning here: Xscape Milton Keynes | Cinema, Snozone & Hollywood Bowl - Play, Eat & Shop (http://www.xscape.co.uk/milton-keynes/)

Xscape MK,
602 Marlborough Gate,
Milton Keynes,
Bucks,
MK9 3XS

wolek76
13-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Now I've seen where you're meeting... can I come too?
wolek

Fear Bainne
14-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Andy,
Thanks for prompt reply, hope to get to meet on 29th. - what time is kick off.
Just need to get Tunnel reservation made and kennels booked.

Gerry

andyhud007
14-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Andy,
Thanks for prompt reply, hope to get to meet on 29th. - what time is kick off.
Just need to get Tunnel reservation made and kennels booked.

Gerry

No problem Gerry.... Not sure on time, but I imagine something like 10:30am ish I would hazard a guess... no hard time has been set yet... but assume the morning time.

@Wolek - Of course. more than welcome, added you to the list!

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek
Fear Bainne (Gerry)

Any other (even potential) takers?

p..s I'll be bringing all my gear for coding if anyone wants anything done while we are there....

Fear Bainne
14-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Really appreciate your offer Andy, I would like to have you programme the CD ripping option.

Nemo78
14-09-2016, 09:37 PM
I'll bring my OBD if anyone wants to have a play - but I have no idea what I'm doing with it [emoji23]

wolek76
14-09-2016, 09:43 PM
I'll bring my OBD if anyone wants - but I have no idea what I'm doing with it [emoji23]
Nice one Nemo :)

I must admit I never unplug mine from the car. So whenever I happen to hit the traffic (I do live and work in London) I tend to play with settings....
Not that I do know 100% what I'm doing either...

Nemo78
14-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Nice one Nemo :)

I must admit I never unplug mine from the car. So whenever I happen to hit the traffic (I do live and work in London) I tend to play with settings....
Not that I do know 100% what I'm doing either...

I'm sure someone can teach me how to make it work [emoji5][emoji1360]

Nemo78
14-09-2016, 09:46 PM

srbsq7
14-09-2016, 10:09 PM

I'm planning to post some screenshots tomorrow which should show how to implement Andy's posts.

andyhud007
15-09-2016, 03:51 PM
So far:

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek
Fear Bainne (Gerry)

Time: 10am onwards.

Anyone else??

easyeieio
15-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi , You missed two off from the last update , see your post on p12 @23-08-2016,11:45 AM

Pitch
Easyeieio

Although it feels like my car will still be stuck in Emden at this rate !!
Cheers
Ian

andyhud007
15-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Apologies Ian but thanks for clarifying!

I really hope it arrives in time for you!

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Pitch
Easyeieio (Ian)

Nemo78
15-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Apologies Ian but thanks for clarifying!

I really hope it arrives in time for you!

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Pitch
Easyeieio (Ian)

Excellent numbers slowly and steadily increasing [emoji1360]

wolek76
15-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Since we're likely to speak to each other in person (OMG) perhaps I should introduce myself as Tom (instead of my nick Wolek) :)

andyhud007
15-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Lol. Thanks Tom :)

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Pitch
Easyeieio (Ian)

Nemo78
01-10-2016, 06:42 AM
Bump for this as it's only 4 weeks away....

pitch3110
02-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Really trying to organise my life around this and I am hoping to join you all.

Obviously the use of adv key is banned you saddo's

Pitch

Nemo78
02-10-2016, 07:54 AM

Pitch

Pitch be great to meet you (as well as everyone else)

And I promise I won't use my Adv Key [emoji1360][emoji5]

andyhud007
03-10-2016, 08:40 AM

Pitch

Pitch, be awesome if you can make it buddy. Anyone else???

Nemo78
10-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Bumpety bump just over a couple of weeks to go for our meet...would be great to see more of the gang attend if possible [emoji1360]

andyhud007
10-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Indeed! Be great if any more folks can make it. [emoji106]

andyhud007
13-10-2016, 05:33 PM
A fresh bump with numbers:

Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Pitch
Easyeieio (Ian)

Nemo78
16-10-2016, 09:31 PM
With it being half term Saturday there is tonnes going on at Xscape so the other halves and kiddies can be kept busy by the looks of things....

If not plenty of eateries for food and drink (soft drinks obviously) after we all check out Andys unique Q7, the black pack on Q7s, get some software coding changes oh and laugh at how dirty my car will be - yes I won't be washing it as I don't have the time and it's filthy (just getting my excuses in early....)

andyhud007
17-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a plan Nemo... we should probably pinpoint an exact location.

The XScape car park can inherently be rammed (especially on a Saturday) so perhaps one further away... there are tons obviously but I'm no MK expert.

I do know there is one that is quieter directly opposite the main entrance of XScape on the other side of the road. Cue my awesome MSPaint skills.

These are "purple bays" so 50p Per Hour if we have to pay... its not a huge expense and you only have to walk 30 metres if you want to go to Xscape for anything/food etc. There is also a Beefeater aswell right in that car park.

Also pretty safe spaces, CCTV etc.

Thoughts?

Fear Bainne
17-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Don't know the area so will be guided by you - just advise where and after 1000km drive another few meters won't matter.

Nemo78
18-10-2016, 06:59 AM
Andy good plan and idea - I don't really know MK so after your hard work with paint I'm happy with above suggestion [emoji1360]

Sounding like a broken record but anyone else able to make this - would be great to get a few more along [emoji1360]

satyp
18-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Been awhile since logged, just logged to check meet update, trying to make the necessary arrangements as work every other weekend, also been surviving without phone!!!, I know! (LG bricked, still not back from them), It's been hard been difficult but VOIP been good so far.

Waited to Google Pixel announcements but £800 a phone !"£$%%?? no way, have cheap replacement for now!! Anyway about the meet - SO MK is fixed with location so brilliant, looks good, but will confirm a little later , as per NEMO ain't going to be no clean car so (CANNOT NEGOTIATE TIME LATELY) .. sorry to disappoint all the CLEAN FOLK/CARS :-0

andyhud007
18-10-2016, 08:40 AM
Been awhile since logged, just logged to check meet update, trying to make the necessary arrangements as work every other weekend, also been surviving without phone!!!, I know! (LG bricked, still not back from them), It's been hard been difficult but VOIP been good so far.

Waited to Google Pixel announcements but £800 a phone !"£$%%?? no way, have cheap replacement for now!! Anyway about the meet - SO MK is fixed with location so brilliant, looks good, but will confirm a little later , as per NEMO ain't going to be no clean car so (CANNOT NEGOTIATE TIME LATELY) .. sorry to disappoint all the CLEAN FOLK/CARS :-0

No worries Satyp, thanks for the update... sorry to hear you have had phone issues!

Hope you can make it... you can always use a jet spray at a petrol station nearby before you arrive.. just the lance though, never use the brush! :)

Look forward to hearing if you can make it!

andyhud007
18-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Nemo
Andy
Papereyes (Lai)
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Pitch
Easyeieio (Ian)
Satyp (TBC)

Papereyes
21-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Sorry chaps need to pull out, just been told need to work. Gutted that I can't make it. Soz

andyhud007
21-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Sorry chaps need to pull out, just been told need to work. Gutted that I can't make it. Soz

Hey PaperEyes..
No worries, appreciate you letting us know!

Cheers

Andy

Imraniqbal1992
21-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Hi guys would like to know ifthis forum has a seperate section for Q7 owners if not is their any threads for somebody whose new to the Audi Q7 just want to know some off the faults I should be looking for when buying

dghdgh
21-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Hi if you look at the Audi forum header you will see both L (mk1) and M (mk2) listed. Hope it helps.

Nemo78
22-10-2016, 04:50 AM

Ach shame Papereyes but thanks for letting us know

Nemo78
23-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Weather is at least looking dry at the moment for Saturday...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161023/ad98585b66dc38d178249abae4b49992.png

satyp
24-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Nice! was just thinking what the outlook for Saturday was.. as managed to clean the car yesterday evening..

Should get the nod (confirmation) from work for Wednesday.

Little boy thinks he's going to see 20 Q7 lined up including his iwn q7 toy lol.. 1st ever car meet up, excited .. boys seems super excited though, no holding him back :-0

Hopefully we get a Quiet car park All to the Q7s, all lined up doors and all lol..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

andyhud007
24-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Great stuff mate. Fingers crossed the weather will stay good! Not sure we will have 20 cars but maybe 5-6 [emoji2]

Nemo78
24-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Not sure we will have 20 cars but maybe 5-6 [emoji2]

But even 5-6 Q7s = the size of 20 cars

satyp
24-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah..all the dude talks about is his GL and Q7, drives me up the.. sometimes :-).. he's going to wonder why his dad has gone O.T.T on child proofing after looking at some of yours.. heh

pitch3110
26-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Evening chaps.

I think i mentioned early doors its my birthday weekend and as expected a little bird has told me I won't be going anywhere near MK as something is being planned.

If you find yourselves anywhere near britains most easterly at anytime shout, I have plenty of room.

Have fun and miss me��

pitch

andyhud007
27-10-2016, 12:53 PM
No worries Pitch, thanks for letting us know.

Hope you have a good one!

dghdgh
27-10-2016, 08:15 PM
I would just like you all the best for the meet at the weekend, I was going to try and gate crash as my wife is away this weekend. However I let to believe I am the taxi to the airport for the good lady and some of her friends. Teesside to MK is going to be around 3.5 hours and as the airport run is 9am I don't think its a viable option.
But I will try to get to the next one if I am in the country.
Have fun.

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:28 AM
No worries dhgdhg..... thanks for the heads up

So we still have this rabble:

Nemo
Andy
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Easyeieio (Ian)

Even 5 aint bad. I'll be leaving about 9am tomorrow and its about 1.5 hours drive to MK from my gaff.

wolek76
28-10-2016, 09:31 AM
I'll be doing the same Andy.
Hoping to leave SW London by 9am.
According to Google maps it's 1hour 20mins... (if I follow the speed regs :-P )

wolek76
28-10-2016, 09:34 AM
BTW
What gizmos are you going to bring with you?
I was hoping for some 'educating conversations' about coding etc...
I'll have OBDeleven to help (or be helped with) :)

andyhud007
I'll be doing the same Andy.
Hoping to leave SW London by 9am.
According to Google maps it's 1hour 20mins... (if I follow the speed regs :-P )

Good man Wolek! I'll be coming up around M25 Heathrow side so I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Papereyes
Sorry can't be there, post lots of photos though be great to see the line up!

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:36 AM
BTW
What gizmos are you going to bring with you?
I was hoping for some 'educating conversations' about coding etc...
I'll have OBDeleven to help (or be helped with) :)

I'll bring pretty much everything with me. All my coding tools (as I'll want to politely nab scans from all your cars if thats ok), some of my Audi internal Q7 training materials if your interested, Workshop manuals (but its on laptop) and Parts database (again on laptop)

If you could bring ODBElven that would be great. Mine is still dead and VIM is still locked and I've bought credits for it. I would love to see if another ODB Eleven device works ok if possible?

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:38 AM
We can try crack some more coding while there if people want

DRL Wink
Rear TailGate lights with Fronts
Some MMI bits.

etc etc.

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Sorry can't be there, post lots of photos though be great to see the line up!

Will do buddy! :beerchug:

wolek76
28-10-2016, 09:39 AM
I never unplug mine!
So whenever I'm stuck in traffic I tend to pllay with codings to see what else I can mess up :D

Papereyes
28-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Was going to say Andy if u need a scan from my SE version let me know. Think I'm fairly close to you (bexley m25)

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:41 AM
I never unplug mine!
So whenever I'm stuck in traffic I tend to pllay with codings to see what else I can mess up :D

Lol....

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Was going to say Andy if u need a scan from my SE version let me know. Think I'm fairly close to you (bexley m25)

That would be great if possible PaperEyes.. feel free to PM me. This retrofitting malarky is tough, I need all the coding I can get my hands on so thankyou!

satyp
28-10-2016, 10:12 AM
count 6.., will be long day I guess..I'll be there for a few hours + one kid before we head back to pickup daughter to inlaws etc,

hoping get there for 11ish..

No coding tricks/skills up my sleeves though :-0 .. Would be nice to discuss some issues and the car in general though [emoji4]

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 10:16 AM
count 6.., will be long day I guess..I'll be there for a few hours + one kid before we head back to pickup daughter to inlaws etc,

hoping get there for 11ish..

No coding tricks/skills up my sleeves though :-0 .. Would be nice to discuss some issues and the car in general though [emoji4]

Absolutely Satyp and great you can make it!

Any coding you want done I have a sneaking suspicion is not going to be a problem :)

Nemo
Andy
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Easyeieio (Ian)
Satyp

Thakey17
28-10-2016, 01:50 PM
I've tried right up until today to get out of work tomorrow to make the meet but to no avail. Look forward to the pics and updates on Andy's handy work. Have fun guys.

wolek76
28-10-2016, 05:47 PM
So Andy...
Any chance of exact GPS coordinates for the meet tomorrow?
Just looked at Google maps and this thing seems to be enormous!
Dont want to spend hours looking for the right spot :)

andyhud007
28-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Messaged you wolek.

No worries Thakey. Thanks for letting us know!

wolek76
28-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Messaged you wolek.

No worries Thakey. Thanks for letting us know!

Sorry Andy but didn't get any PMs?

satyp
29-10-2016, 07:51 AM
Not sure which one of the many now crazy nearby apps to install and use..

In any case will post on hear once there..

Nemo
Andy
Wolek (Tom)
Fear Bainne (Gerry)
Easyeieio (Ian)
Satyp - Ink Blue AR plate (MY17 June Batch)

Do we have the pleasure of any SQ's by any chance 😉??

andyhud007
29-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Leaving now. Running a bit late. Shoukd be there by 11am

satyp
29-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Leaving here too.. just pit stop tyre pressure etc lol.. 11 by the sounds of the GPS..

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Ok I've arrived and this place is huge...I'm guessing head for Premier Inn / Beefeater plenty of spaces there currently....it's opposite the Xscape building

wolek76
29-10-2016, 10:23 AM
My sat nav shows 10.50...

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Ok guys hang on I'm scoping this place out

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Ok head for Marlborough Gate MK9 3XA - you should see Subway, FiveGuys etc as you come in turn left (not taxis only) and plenty of spaces at far end - however parking costs something like £1/hr http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/793e5f8aab8642b2370bb5f9580bacf2.jpg

Fear Bainne
29-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Arr. @ 10.00 , in McD's having breakfast

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Arr. @ 10.00 , in McD's having breakfast

Where the McDs? There's one at this place I've mentioned next to KFC?

Fear Bainne
29-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Opposite in snow dome

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Opposite in snow dome

Ok what colour is your Q7

satyp
29-10-2016, 10:41 AM
ETA 11.30.. nice guys keep us updated

wolek76
29-10-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm by beefeater.
Got a black and silver q next to me...

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Ok Wolek ill drive back that way to you guys - therefore anyone who may have used my above postcode it's literally a stones throw away across the road

Papereyes
29-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Enjoy the day boys, sorry couldn't make it today. Really gutted

andyhud007
29-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Just got home. Great to meet you all folk, will get those pics sorted tomorrow.

Wolek many thanks again for sorting my phone out and my Video in Motion with Odbeleven. My TV now plays while driving [emoji15].

Great to meet like minding folk and have a good nose around the cars. Definitely want some black running boards now! (Nemo!)

Gerry, sorry we couldn't get your alarm chirp working, shame you car is exempt from having an alarm in the first place.

Loving the wood effect inlays Satyp!!

Finally Thankyou all for letting me take scans of your configs of your cars. Hope this will help with future retrofits and help us unlock some more goodies.

Hope everyone gets home safe and sound.

Andy

satyp
29-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Some good banter with all.. not all car-centric ofcourse... :-)

& Nice one Andy (#mastertechandy) .. ;-)

Kids certainly had a good day out too, they'd didn't want to leave the Evans bike shop in the end :-0, shame the boy didn't come back in time for a photo and a look see at the cars lined up..

Thanks again in.any case.. @Tom/Andy for quick mods.. the hatch delay certainly more handy in my case. And Mrs will hear the car lock atleast whilst walking away..

& yes ..Hope all the diffrent config modules certainly help in sussing some interesting future hacks, not that I have the slightest clue or the b@!!$ for it.. :-0 ..you've certainly got good passion for Vcds .. I'm sure there's a lot more handy quick tinkers in there somewhere..

Rgds

wolek76
29-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys for the meet.
Well worth the time and effort.
Really enjoyed meeting you all.
Till next time ;)
With thousands of mods that Andy will work out by then :D

Nemo78
29-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Sorry for rushing off but this was waiting...http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/34f066d8c8c5023dbbccad6cfd6e8544.jpg

Have to say it's so cute [emoji5]

Great to meet you all and see the different cars! Little ones were asking when are we seeing daddy's friends again [emoji5][emoji1360]

Others will have a better photo (Andy will have for sure) but here's a quick one...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/3d1b1253911bd7da57bff2dbe6c406f3.jpg

Fear Bainne
29-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys for not replying sooner but just finished having an Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser fitted to car hence the reason for having to rush off.
Really great to meet up with everybody and to put a face to names. Thanks Andy for the CD rip and thanks Tom for the education tour of the OBD11.
Gerry

satyp
29-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Sorry for rushing off but this was waiting...http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/34f066d8c8c5023dbbccad6cfd6e8544.jpg

Have to say it's so cute [emoji5]

Great to meet you all and see the different cars! Little ones were asking when are we seeing daddy's friends again [emoji5][emoji1360]

Others will have a better photo (Andy will have for sure) but here's a quick one...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/3d1b1253911bd7da57bff2dbe6c406f3.jpg
Just showed the Mrs this.. as she apparently misses her A3 .. she'll take the A3 anyday over the Q.. (she says it's a hint.. lucky for me I don't fully understand her language)
[emoji1]

satyp
29-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Sorry guys for not replying sooner but just finished having an Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser fitted to car hence the reason for having to rush off.
Really great to meet up with everybody and to put a face to names. Thanks Andy for the CD rip and thanks Tom for the education tour of the OBD11.
Gerry
Learning something new everyday as never heard of Autowatch.. was looking high and low for trackers or alternatives at the time of purchase.. gave up in the end as didn't quite fancy the subscription model of cobra etc.. not sure why companies Don't provide tracking by the customer on a one off charge.

I take it the total outlay for this is the one-off charge?

Was it fitted in Berkshire and/or surrounding areas. I'm def keen once I've looked into it a bit more..

Let me know if benefit from any referrals @Fear Bainne , I'll keep it mind should I end up getting one.. Would be nice if you could port it future cars too on sale of course..

Rgds

Just showed the Mrs this.. as she apparently misses her A3 .. she'll take the A3 anyday over the Q.. (she says it's a hint.. lucky for me I don't fully understand her language)
[emoji1]

srbsq7
29-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Great pic of all the Q7's! Hope I can make it next time.

andyhud007
31-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Hi All

Uploaded all the (decent-ish) pics from Saturday to my OneDrive Account

Link here (https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag0nrdg-XWqwgYwyIgaY63LQgmSKLw)

I wish I had taken more pics now...

Enjoy

Andy

p.s. Anyone spot the 4L in the background :)

wolek76
31-10-2016, 10:19 AM
I was waiting for these to see if I could add to this.
And it turns out I can :)
Here is one more
BTW Andy... did you manage to workout the changes required to enable VIM?
I presume now you have that you could try to compare the original coding of yours with the current one?
Or does OBDeleven really overwrite something in the modules instead of simple enabling/disabling some codes?
T

andyhud007
31-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Nice pic Wolek!

VIM - Sadly not, its not coding, its actually values directly in the EEProm. Somehow ODBEleven have cracked it but I dont know how.

VIM in the older cars was bypassed via a code generator based on your MMI unit serial number. Its possible they are using the same method hidden behind the scenes. I've looked at the coding before/after VIM and there is no obvious difference I can spot.

pitch3110
31-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Lovely pics and great to hear fun was had.

Funny how how you build a picture and it is nothing like you imagine folk to be. Obviously exception to the rule is me, I am the handsome stylish hunk you all imagine me to be.

pitch (51)

andyhud007
31-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Lovely pics and great to hear fun was had.

Funny how how you build a picture and it is nothing like you imagine folk to be. Obviously exception to the rule is me, I am the handsome stylish hunk you all imagine me to be.

pitch (51)
Sure [emoji2]

Thakey17
31-10-2016, 09:46 PM
I love the fact that every Q7 that showed up was totally different. All different colours and wheel options. Great to see them all. Really gutted I couldn't make it. Maybe next time. Great to see that you all had fun.

ragebe
31-10-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm disappointed to have missed out too; perhaps a few 'locals' ones and a national one at a later date?

Nemo78
31-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Cracking pics there Andy...think the little one (well jacket) even made it in to one [emoji5]

Gyro
01-11-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm disappointed to have missed out too; perhaps a few 'locals' ones and a national one at a later date?

I'm up for that, how about a local meet for Scottish peeps? I'm sure anyone from the north of England would be made welcome too!

dghdgh
01-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Deffo if Iam about.
But would I need my passport to cross the border. lol:o
Better still the Metro Centre, would give the good lady something to do.

Gyro
03-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a plan...anyone else?

dghdgh
03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
If its a goer the coach park is massive and you can gain access into the Metro Centre on foot. Costco is 1/2 mile away if anyone wants to get nitrogen in their tyres!!!!
I am off o the states for just over 2 weeks from next week but free between then and 5/1/17.
Would love to see your car in the flesh so to speak.
Come on folks who's up for it, lets see if we can top 6. lol
:approve:

andyhud007
03-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Oi! :smashfrea

Gyro
03-11-2016, 01:01 PM
If its a goer the coach park is massive and you can gain access into the Metro Centre on foot. Costco is 1/2 mile away if anyone wants to get nitrogen in their tyres!!!!
I am off o the states for just over 2 weeks from next week but free between then and 5/1/17.
Would love to see your car in the flesh so to speak.

All weekends between now and Xmas are tied up for me mate, sorry. New Year would be better!