PDA

View Full Version : Where is engine oil drain plug

Barr
27-05-2016, 03:19 PM
VW Touareg 2006 2.5 TDI
have removed plastic cover from underside of engine but am not sure which is the engine oil drain plug?
Can anyone help?

zollaf
27-05-2016, 04:19 PM
bottom of the sump somewhere.

vag_tech
12-07-2016, 10:11 PM
bottom of the sump somewhere.
19mm hex.

rowdy-999
14-07-2016, 04:42 PM
VW Touareg 2006 2.5 TDI
have removed plastic cover from underside of engine but am not sure which is the engine oil drain plug?
Can anyone help?

Not unheard of for people to remove the transmission drain plug by mistake. If you can't find it, your best letting a pro do it.

vag_tech
14-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Not unheard of for people to remove the transmission drain plug by mistake. If you can't find it, your best letting a pro do it.
Murphy's law :aargh4:

zollaf
14-07-2016, 05:03 PM
not being funny, but if you cant work out where the engine oil comes out then you shouldnt really be working on a car. i know times are hard, but sometimes you just have to know when to not touch something. its nearly 2 months since the op asked the question yet hasnt come back to say anything, like thanks for the help, or to let us know he undid the plug. in my books thats a bit rude.

John 669
04-12-2016, 10:56 AM
People ask questions then wander off the matter, as you said it can be frustrating but thats people!! Yesterday me and my son did quite a bit on my new to me Touareg, all fluids etc, yes the sump bung is a bit awkward to spot if looking from the front but easy from the rear, the bung that had me stumped was the level plug on the front diff, yes you can see it but getting it undone and topping back up is a pain, do able but a pain, still don't start from cold though, onto the old diagnostic gizmo tomorrow, with luck we may get a clue, not the answer just a speculative clue!!